Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Young Man Gives Most Incredible Testimony EVER! Will Give You Chills!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post

I have quoted that verse on a number of occasions, and I am LDS.

Here is LDS belief:

Ephesians 2:8-9 -=--King James Version (KJV)
    8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You are a day late and a dollar short, dberrie.

Really? Where? On here? I think you have on the Lutheran board, but not here. I used the search engine for the Mormon board, going back one year, and used your name and the keyword "boast" which is in those verses. I came up with goose egg. I did it using my name and the same criteria, and came up with at least a half dozen instances where I have posted those verses on here. And many more times on the Lutheran board.

But I could have missed it. Could you show me where you on here, did actually quote Eph. 2:8-9, in defense of LDS beliefs and teachings? In the last year or so?
    Last edited by Bonnie; 12-03-18, 05:49 PM.
    "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
    "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
    ďItís easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
    "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
    "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
    "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
      You are a day late and a dollar short, dberrie.

Really? Where? On here? I think you have on the Lutheran board, but not here. I used the search engine for the Mormon board, going back one year, and used your name and the keyword "boast" which is in those verses. I came up with goose egg. I did it using my name and the same criteria, and came up with at least a half dozen instances where I have posted those verses on here. And many more times on the Lutheran board.

But I could have missed it. Could you show me where you on here, did actually quote Eph. 2:8-9, in defense of LDS beliefs and teachings? In the last year or so?
      Bonnie--I have started two threads specifically entitled "Ephesians 2"--for you alone. I went to the Lutheran board because my threads about Ephesians 2 would have probably have been moved to another board, if I attempted to post that thread here.

Although I addressed them specifically to you--one of those threads you failed to even engage, or very little. It was finally killed by the mods. So--I started a new one. The other one--I bumped days ago--with little interest generated in it. If the Mods kill that thread--I'll start another thread just for you and I to discuss it--until I leave this forum.

So--if you care to--please start a thread here(if I do--the Mods will move it)--and I would be glad to discuss it with you, IE--

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Again--that's LDS theology.

Comment

Bonnie--I have started two threads specifically entitled "Ephesians 2"--for you alone. I went to the Lutheran board because my threads about Ephesians 2 would have probably have been moved to another board, if I attempted to post that thread here.

Although I addressed them specifically to you--one of those threads you failed to even engage, or very little. It was finally killed by the mods. So--I started a new one. The other one--I bumped days ago--with little interest generated in it. If the Mods kill that thread--I'll start another thread just for you and I to discuss it--until I leave this forum.

So--if you care to--please start a thread here(if I do--the Mods will move it)--and I would be glad to discuss it with you, IE--

Again--that's LDS theology.
        Dberrie, you need to read my posts more carefully. I am talking about on HERE. The MORMON BOARD.

Here--once again--is what I actually wrote:

And I did address your posts about Ephesians 2 elsewhere. A number of times:

https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/ch...31-ephesians-2

DO note the number of times I responded. Other folks did and said much the same thing I did. But after awhile I do get tired of repeating myself. So do the other posters.

Now, back to Mormonism....

And LDS theology is NOT salvation by grace through faith in Christ Jesus and NOT by works. Instead, it is very much a theology based upon faith AND works and obeying man-made commandments--like going through the temple endowment ceremony, wearing special undergarments with Masonic symbols on them for the rest of one's life, having one's marriage sealed in the temples, and observing the WoW, if one wants to be "exalted" to the highest level in the CK--godhood and being creators of worlds.
        Last edited by Bonnie; 12-04-18, 06:33 PM.
        "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
        "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
        ďItís easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
        "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."

Comment

Originally posted by oceancoast View Post
          Your antiMormon opinion only.. News flash.. this is a Mormonism Forum. Jews today do not consider the NT to be the word of God either.. it's worthless to them Caiaphas didn't recognize that Jesus was the son of God, even when he was standing right in front of him.. AntiMormon's have a lot in common with Caiaphas and the Jews.

and the NT means nothing to them.

Beyond lip service, In fact Mormon are more likely to actually FOLLOW what Jesus commands than the antiMormons here, some who preach a gospel of Lip Service Faith .. No works (behavior) necessary.
          Straw man argument First off, Exlatation is not the same as Salvation.
          In your church, salvation to the fullest extent IS exaltation.

Second the NT as we have it is a product of the 4th century orthodoxy that would have eliminated any text that they felt didn't conform to the Emperors orthodoxy minion's and their dogma.. Penalty for violating the emperors edict, was EXECUTION.
          This is just a diversionary tactic trotted out whenever a Mormon feels cornered...the core of the NT canon was already accepted by the year 200 or so--all four gospels, Acts, and Paul's epistles. LONG before the 4th century. But that is more for the Biblical History board.

So there are some so-called Christians that keep insisting that the Bible is ALL of Gods words.. That he no longer has anymore guidance.. .. nowhere in the so called BIBLE that they claim has ALL of Gods' wo--rds does it say that is ALL of Gods' words.. No But this was a doctrine of an Emperor and his minions not God. Thus those who claim God can't revel anything not in the Emperor Bible.. is serving the Emperor not God.

And that is why the LDS faith is a "RESTORATION".. not a "REFORMATION"
          The LDS faith is false. It teaches another God, another Jesus, and another gospel, which is NO gospel at all, but a lie.

And we have plenty of "guidance" from God's word, the bible. We certainly do not need the lies and false teachings of a lying false prophet to guide us! Except maybe to hell--!

God could give us MORE revelation, if He wished--but IF He did, you can bet your last penny it would NOT contradict what He has revealed to us already in the Bible. We are to judge any further "revelation" by what God's word, the Bible, already has in it. IF new revelation contradicts the Bible, THEN IT ISN'T FROM GOD BUT OF THE DEVIL. And Mormon "revelations" contradict the Bible all over the place.

So, no RESTORATION was ever necessary because the true church and the true Gospel message have never died. Ever. Jesus promised to be with His church to the "end of the age." But according to Mormonism, Jesus abandoned His church and let it die--for nearly 1800 years. Whom should I believe? Jesus Christ? OR your "prophet" Joseph Smith?
          Last edited by Bonnie; 12-04-18, 07:01 PM.

Comment

So--is this an example of the "works-righteous treadmill"?

Matthew 7:19-21 ---King James Version (KJV)
            19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
            20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
            21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

No. But then, it is the will of the Father in heaven to believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and God and Savior:

But I don't see Mormon temple works, wearing undergarments with Masonic symbols on them, and observing the WoW, in order to be "worthy" of "exaltation" mentioned in these verses--or anywhere else in the Bible.
            Last edited by Bonnie; 12-04-18, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dberrie2000

Bonnie--I went to the Lutheran board and copied my last post to you three days ago--which you haven't responded to:

So--care to answer that?
              I have answered you on the other board, time after time. In many different threads.

Our works do NOT save us. The ONLY "work" that saves us is this one: "This is the WORK OF GOD: that you believe on Him Whom God has sent." A true faith LEADS to doing good works. In Mormonism , it is "faith plus works = grace plus salvation. But in the true Gospel of the true Jesus Christ of the Bible it is "grace through faith = salvation + good works.

THOSE are the ONLY works "found" in Ephesians 2:8-10--the ones we do AS THE RESULT OF BEING SAVED. As Paul wrote:

For we are GOD'S workmanship, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS FOR GOOD WORKS, which HE has prepared in advance for us to do, so that we may walk in them."
              So, according to this verse, do we do our good works IN Christ Jesus--or OUTSIDE of Him? In other words, are they done IN faith in Him, or OUTSIDE of faith in Jesus Christ?
              Last edited by Bonnie; 12-04-18, 07:03 PM.

Comment

The LDS faith is false.
                Your statement is FALSE.

Comment

Originally posted by oceancoast View Post

Your statement is FALSE.
                  No, it isn't. The LDS church has anothercJesus, another God, and another Gospel, which is NO Gospel at ALL, as Paul states. Those that teach false Gospels are "anathema." And almost no doctrine unique to Mormonism can be found in the Bible. Such false doctrimes that lead to permanent separation from God after death are lies and come from the father of lies.

Comment

No, it isn't. The LDS church has anothercJesus, another God, and another Gospel, which is NO Gospel at ALL, as Paul states. Those that teach false Gospels are "anathema." And almost no doctrine unique to Mormonism can be found in the Bible. Such false doctrimes that lead to permanent separation from God after death are lies and come from the father of lies.
                    your characterization of LDS church is False.

Comment

• oceancoast it's obvious and clear as day that Mormonism and Biblical Christianity are two completely different religions. Anybody with any common sense can see this. With this being said, as a Christian I DO NOT worship the same Jesus, God, Gods that Mormons do nor is it possible for any devout Mormon to worship the same Jesus as I do and here is why:

Being a Christian and adhering to Biblical Christian doctrine, I believe that Jesus s God, the second Person of the Trinity. As God the Son, He has always existed and was never created. He is fully God and fully man (the two natures joined, not mixed). As the second Person of the Trinity, He is coequal with God the Father and the Holy Spirit. In becoming man, He was begotten through the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. Jesus is the only way to the Father, salvation and eternal life. He died on the cross according to Godís plan, as full sacrifice and payment for our sins. He rose from the dead on the third day, spiritually and physically immortal. For the next 40 days He was seen by more than 500 eyewitnesses. His wounds were touched and He ate meals. He physically ascended to Heaven. Jesus will come again visibly and physically at the end of the world to establish Godís kingdom and judge the world.

I also believe that the one God is Triune (one God in three Persons, not three gods): Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Often the title God designates the first Person, God the Father. God is a spiritual being without a physical body. He is personal and involved with people. He created the universe out of nothing. He is eternal, changeless, holy, loving and perfect.

This is what Biblical Christianity teaches and this is not what Mormonism teaches. So being that these are two different religions, it is not possible for me to believe in the Mormon Jesus or God nor is it possible for Mormon to worship and believe in the Christian Jesus/God

Comment

• Originally posted by Paisios View Post
                        Being a Christian and adhering to Biblical Christian doctrine, I believe that Jesus s God, the second Person of the Trinity. As God the Son, He has always existed and was never created. He is fully God and fully man (the two natures joined, not mixed). As the second Person of the Trinity, He is coequal with God the Father and the Holy Spirit. In becoming man, He was begotten through the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. Jesus is the only way to the Father, salvation and eternal life. He died on the cross according to God’s plan, as full sacrifice and payment for our sins. He rose from the dead on the third day, spiritually and physically immortal. For the next 40 days He was seen by more than 500 eyewitnesses. His wounds were touched and He ate meals. He physically ascended to Heaven. Jesus will come again visibly and physically at the end of the world to establish God’s kingdom and judge the world.
                        I don't find any statement in there I would disagree with, although I don't know what your parenthesis is referring to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
                          A true faith LEADS to doing good works.
                          If one does not do "good works"--is it still a "true faith"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
                            Dberrie, you need to read my posts more carefully. I am talking about on HERE. The MORMON BOARD.
                            As I have already relayed to you--whenever I start a thread on Ephesians 2 here--the mods move it.

If you will start a thread of Ephesians 2--I will gladly respond to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dberrie2000

Could you explain to us what you find in the Biblical text--which is not found in the LDS church--as far as salvational doctrines go?

James 2:24-- New American Standard Bible (NASB)
                              24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.
                              You keep repeating that same question, in every thread, for years. Inspite of all the answers you keep getting. Exact same wording. It looks like perseveration... getting stuck on one thing and not being able to move past it.
                              ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
                              ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
                              ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

• Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post Could you explain to us what you find in the Biblical text--which is not found in the LDS church--as far as salvational doctrines go?

James 2:24-- New American Standard Bible (NASB)
                                24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.
                                Originally posted by Magdalena View Post
                                You keep repeating that same question, in every thread, for years. Inspite of all the answers you keep getting. Exact same wording. It looks like perseveration... getting stuck on one thing and not being able to move past it.
                                Please do point us to any post which has answers to my question. The answers have always been--"Inspite of all the answers you keep getting". That's usually the answer.

Other than that--crickets.

So--would you like to relate to us what you find in the Biblical NT, as far as salvational doctrines go--which is not found in the LDS church?

Comment

Working...
                                X