Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Things Christmas, for sharing, because we ALL love the Savior

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things Christmas, for sharing, because we ALL love the Savior

First, I'm going to share a video, "angels from the realms of Glory.' EDIT link violation-cannot link to facebook
    Because it's a great song. Because it appeals to all of us. Because we ALL love the savior and the Nativity story.

I hope that others will post other, similar, 'just good things' that we love and appriciate about christmas, whether we are in agreement about when He was born, WHERE He was born, or how. Let us not argue about who has the 'right' to sing songs of Christmas, and simply enjoy the singing of them.

Let us not get unhappy about what's IN traditional Christmas storys and tradition, unless it's raised the heart and provides a little joy.

And may we all, when we can, make Christmas personal. I know it's easier to just go out and buy.....but making something for the recipient, thinking about him or her with every stitch or nail, is a bit like 'prayer blankets' which are just a bit more special than the Walmart fuzzy blanket. Though.....don't diss the walmart fuzzy blanket. Toes welcome them.

See you all later.
    Last edited by 4Him; 11-27-18, 10:52 AM.
    Providing a proper reference/citation for a quote says nothing. Refusing to provide a proper reference/citation for a quote says everything: it’s a credibility killer. Nothing says “I'm making this up” like refusing to provide citations.

Originally posted by dianaiad View Post
    First, I'm going to share a video, "angels from the realms of Glory.' EDIT

Because it's a great song. Because it appeals to all of us. Because we ALL love the savior and the Nativity story.

I hope that others will post other, similar, 'just good things' that we love and appriciate about christmas, whether we are in agreement about when He was born, WHERE He was born, or how. Let us not argue about who has the 'right' to sing songs of Christmas, and simply enjoy the singing of them.

Let us not get unhappy about what's IN traditional Christmas storys and tradition, unless it's raised the heart and provides a little joy.

And may we all, when we can, make Christmas personal. I know it's easier to just go out and buy.....but making something for the recipient, thinking about him or her with every stitch or nail, is a bit like 'prayer blankets' which are just a bit more special than the Walmart fuzzy blanket. Though.....don't diss the walmart fuzzy blanket. Toes welcome them.

See you all later.
    I recall when I lived in NM that the local Mormon Church hosted a Christmas Tree contest - people would bring in decorated trees and the one with the best decorations won. Of course, it was held at the Mormon meetinghouse, and I'm sure many got literature explaining the cult's beliefs. The local Assembly of God even had its choir sing at the Mormon contest.......until some people complained about the cult not being Christian. The choir was withdrawn.

Mormons have long used Christmas as an outreach to proselyte. But what they fail to tell people is this:

1. Mormon "jesus" was conceived when Elohim (an exalted human from another planet who is the appointed god over planet earth) had sex with Mary (the biological kind folks, because Mormon Elohim is physical and has gender-specific sexual organs). Mary also was, in pre-existence, Elohim's spirit daughter. The host body for the pre-born spirit of "jesus" was therefore created by an act of incestuous sex between Elohim and his spirit daughter, Mary (now in the flesh). Mary, therefore gave birth to her own brother in pre-existence, Jesus, got that?

2, The host body born in Bethlehem was inhabited by the "spirit" of "Mormon jesus," who was born in some premortal world to Elohim and one of his celestial wives. Confused yet folks? This Mormon jesus-spirit had somehow "attained" a degree of godhood prior to being born, and he is also spirit-brother to all other spirits fathered by Elohim on a planet somewhere near the mythical star called Kolob which gives the sun its light. One of his spirit brothers was LUCIFER. I'm not kidding!

3. This Mormon jesus is a phony version of the Biblical Jesus. He never existed folks, other than in the weird imagination of Joey Smith, a practicing occultist who believed in humanoid gods. Actually, in Mormonism, the birthday of JOEY THE LIAR SMITH, also in December, is far more important than Christmas, don't let them kid you. https://www.lds.org/church/news/view...tness?lang=eng

So, NO dianaiad, Christians can't join you in wishing you a Merry Mormon Christmas. You serve another God, another Jesus and another Spirit. We should rather, pray for you that you and the other Mormons here would be delivered from the bizarre beliefs I have outlined above, and simply believe the Bible.

PS: "Angels from the Realm of Glory?" A Christian hymn co-opted by the Mormons folks. And they probably won't mention that they believe angels, men and gods are all of the same species, and actually teach that humans become angels. The wackiness goes on and on and on - it's the gift that never stops giving.
    Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

Don't believe what I've posted above? Read this: http://www.mrm.org/virgin-birth
      Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post
        Don't believe what I've posted above? Read this:
        It would make a lot more sense to prove your points by linking to an official Church web site, but you provided a link to an antl Mormon site. That would be a site that provides information contrary to what the Church teaches. Thatís not going to provide you with the proof you were looking for.

Comment

First, I'm going to share a video, "angels from the realms of Glory.' EDIT

See you all later.
          Of course Mormons pick Traditional Christian music since there's lack the anointing of the holy spirit
          And inasmuch as mine enemies come against you ... ye shall curse them; And whomsoever ye curse, I will curse, and ye shall avenge me of mine enemies (Doctrine and Covenants, 103:24-25)

Comment

Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

It would make a lot more sense to prove your points by linking to an official Church web site, but you provided a link to an antl Mormon site. That would be a site that provides information contrary to what the Church teaches. Thatís not going to provide you with the proof you were looking for.
            I don't believe most Mormons will read the information. In the weird world of Mormonism, ignorance of facts works out well for Smith's followers. I posted it for those who are interested in the truth about the Mormon cult's REJECTION of one of the central doctrines of Christianity: THE INCARNATION.

For the theologically challenged, don't confuse Incarnation with "reincarnation," a doctrine of Eastern religions.

Comment

It would make a lot more sense to prove your points by linking to an official Church web site, but you provided a link to an antl Mormon site. That would be a site that provides information contrary to what the Church teaches. That’s not going to provide you with the proof you were looking for.
              Your church isn't going to have anything on its official website that puts itself and its founder in a bad light. Ergo, we must go to so-called "anti-Mormon" websites. While some are too virtiolic, many are not and they do NOT provide information "contrary to what the Church teaches" but show actual Mormon writings by actual Mormons, past and present, and the actual history of your church and its founder--much of which is unflattering. And mrm.org is one such website. And what it has in the link can be found in the teachings of some Mormon "prophets" and apostles and such. Mormonism has taught that Mary conceived Jesus by heavenly father coming into his own spirit daughter, Mary, in her flesh, and DIRECTLY begetting Jesus in her.

From the Journal of Discources:

The birth of the Saviour was as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and blood was begotten of his Father, as we were of our fathers. - Journal of Discourses 8:115

I believe the Father came down from heaven, as the Apostles said he did, and begat the Saviour of the world; for he is the only-begotten of the Father, which could not be if the Father did not actually beget him in person. - Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses 1:238
              Just how did heavenly father "beget" Jesus in Mary IN PERSON?

From Bruce McConkie:

"These name-titles all signify that our Lord is the only Son of the Father in the flesh. Each of the words is to be understood literally. Only means only; Begotten means begotten; and Son means son. Christ was begotten by an Immortal Father in the same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers. - Bruce McKonkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1979, pages 546-47
              Tell us, Lurker--HOW do WE beget our children? Care to tell us?

From Deseret News:

"Men who deny this, or who think that it degrades our Father, have no true conception of the sacredness of the most marvelous power with which God has endowed mortal men the power of creation. Even though that power may be abused and may become a mere harp of pleasure to the wicked, nevertheless it is the most sacred and holy and divine function with which God has endowed man. Made holy, it is retained by the Father of us all, and in his exercise of that great and marvelous creative power and function, he did not debase himself, degrade himself, nor debauch his daughter. Thus Christ became the literal Son of a divine Father, and no one else was worthy to be his father. - Deseret News, 23 Dec 1923; Sermons and Missionary Services of Melvin J. Ballard, 166-167; also, Crusader for Righteousness, p. 144.
              These are all from Mormon sources--not "anti" sources or websites. But websites such as mrm.org compile these. It isn't the websites' fault that your leadership has taught and published these things.

Last edited by Bonnie; 11-27-18, 09:16 AM.
              "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
              "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
              "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
              "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
              "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

Your church isn't going to have anything on its official website that puts itself and its founder in a bad light. Ergo, we must go to so-called "anti-Mormon" websites. While some are too virtiolic, many are not and they do NOT provide information "contrary to what the Church teaches" but show actual Mormon writings by actual Mormons, past and present, and the actual history of your church and its founder--much of which is unflattering. And mrm.org is one such website. And what it has in the link can be found in the teachings of some Mormon "prophets" and apostles and such. Mormonism has taught that Mary conceived Jesus by heavenly father coming into his own spirit daughter, Mary, in her flesh, and DIRECTLY begetting Jesus in her.

From the Journal of Discources:

Just how did heavenly father "beget" Jesus in Mary IN PERSON?

From Bruce McConkie:

Tell us, Lurker--HOW do WE beget our children? Care to tell us?

From Deseret News:

These are all from Mormon sources--not "anti" sources or websites. But websites such as mrm.org compile these. It isn't the websites' fault that your leadership has taught and published these things.
                The Mormons will "tag team" you endlessly in their attempt to frustrate the Christian's love of the Gospel. I just tell them the truth, and after that let them do what they want. "A heretic after the first and second admonition" we are to reject, Titus 3:10. Let's face it, these Mormons aren't interested in Biblical truth, they are interested first and foremost in protecting the cult.

I'm currently reading John Doyle Lee's, "The Mormon Menance." He brings out the fact that Mormons closely pattern themselves after Freemasonry. Freemasons would give signs to other Freemasons when they needed assistance, and the Mormons dio likewise....this is one reason they wear quasi-Masonic rings with "CTR" engraved on them. Right or wrong, the Mormon (or Mason) has vowed to help his "lodge brother." Tag teaming" is most likely an example of this method: Right or wrong, Mormons must help a lodge brother (or sisters). No thinking required. You've seen an example here when a Mormon condemned the act by another poster in questioning whether or not I had a husband......but when she found out that the question was posed by a Mormon, all of a sudden there was an attempt to justify that evil act. This is what motivates Mormons: not the desire to serve the True and Living God, but the drive to serve an evil, Christ-denying cult.

Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 11-27-18, 11:31 AM.

Comment

First, I'm going to share a video, "angels from the realms of Glory.' EDIT link violation-cannot link to facebook

See you all later.
                  My apologies. That was a link to YouTube, not Facebook. At least, that was my intent. Let me try again.

h
                  Last edited by 4Him; 11-27-18, 06:00 PM. Reason: no violation
                  Providing a proper reference/citation for a quote says nothing. Refusing to provide a proper reference/citation for a quote says everything: it’s a credibility killer. Nothing says “I'm making this up” like refusing to provide citations.

Comment

I'm sorry.

I truly am. I would ask the moderators to close this thread, because it is NOT going the way I wished it to go. All I wanted was a simple thread in which we could share the things we all love about Christmas; songs, stories, uplifting things that would remind all of us of Him as we all believe Him to be; His birth, the joy in it, that all Christians have shared, no matter what else their differences are, with each other. You know, Christ born in the city (well, village, more like) of Bethlehem, in the land of Jerusalem, to Mary, His mother, a virgin.

Instead, I mistakenly linked to the wrong site (sorry about that, my mistake. Hope I fixed that, anyway) and it instantly devolved into nastiness and attacks.

Perhaps if an evangelical tried opening such a thread, it would be more successful? At least the MORMONS won't be telling the EVANGELICALS that they have no right to celebrate or use the music of, anybody but their specific denomoniation, and the MORMONS won't be telling the EVANGELICALS that they aren't Christian and are insulting Christianity by celebrating His birth.

So, please, this thread was not started in order to be a battleground. Certainly not as nasty a one as it seems to becoming.

I can't close the thread. But I can ask that the thread be pulled back to its purpose, or closed. If neither one happens, I can ask that those who do not want to see this thread devolve into something really nasty, not participate.

All I can do, though, is ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post

I don't believe most Mormons will read the information. In the weird world of Mormonism, ignorance of facts works out well for Smith's followers. I posted it for those who are interested in the truth about the Mormon cult's REJECTION of one of the central doctrines of Christianity: THE INCARNATION.

For the theologically challenged, don't confuse Incarnation with "reincarnation," a doctrine of Eastern religions.
                      Your ill-informed opinion notwithstanding, Mormons are the only religious group to be more likely to remain committed and faithful the more education they get. The more education a member of CC acquires the more likely he is to leave CC.

Mormons are also, by the second generation, more educated than the general population from which they came.

And Mormons not only know the Bible and their own religion better than evangelicals, Mormons even know and understand the religions of others better (according to Pew Research).

That why I described yours as an ill-informed opinion.

Comment

I'm sorry.

I truly am. I would ask the moderators to close this thread, because it is NOT going the way I wished it to go. All I wanted was a simple thread in which we could share the things we all love about Christmas; songs, stories, uplifting things that would remind all of us of Him as we all believe Him to be; His birth, the joy in it, that all Christians have shared, no matter what else their differences are, with each other. You know, Christ born in the city (well, village, more like) of Bethlehem, in the land of Jerusalem, to Mary, His mother, a virgin.

Instead, I mistakenly linked to the wrong site (sorry about that, my mistake. Hope I fixed that, anyway) and it instantly devolved into nastiness and attacks.

Perhaps if an evangelical tried opening such a thread, it would be more successful? At least the MORMONS won't be telling the EVANGELICALS that they have no right to celebrate or use the music of, anybody but their specific denomoniation, and the MORMONS won't be telling the EVANGELICALS that they aren't Christian and are insulting Christianity by celebrating His birth.

So, please, this thread was not started in order to be a battleground. Certainly not as nasty a one as it seems to becoming.

I can't close the thread. But I can ask that the thread be pulled back to its purpose, or closed. If neither one happens, I can ask that those who do not want to see this thread devolve into something really nasty, not participate.

My apologies. Iím done here in this thread

Comment

The article quote Mormon cult leaders. If you don't like those quotes, take it up with them - when you can. I don't trust the half-truths and historical revisionism of your cult's "official" site, period.

Comment

Your ill-informed opinion notwithstanding, Mormons are the only religious group to be more likely to remain committed and faithful the more education they get. The more education a member of CC acquires the more likely he is to leave CC.

Mormons are also, by the second generation, more educated than the general population from which they came.

And Mormons not only know the Bible and their own religion better than evangelicals, Mormons even know and understand the religions of others better (according to Pew Research).

That why I described yours as an ill-informed opinion.
                            EDIT PER MOD. For instance, I recall one MORMON here trying to pass off a "Jesus Only" cult Pentecostalist Church as being Christian. That sounds about right for Mormons - they know nothing about Christian doctrine at all. EDIT PER MOD
                            Last edited by 4Him; 11-28-18, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry.

I didn't give a heck what site you linked to, you could have linked to the Vatican for all I care . The deed of trying to "relate" to Christians via your claim that Mormons believe in Christmas, when they reject the INCARNATION, puts everything in perspective. Mormons use Christmas to present themselves as Christians, when that is obviously a lie. They are trying to deceive the Christian flock....but we know the Lord's voice, and we do not follow another. Mormons should express their sorrow to God for rejecting one of the central doctrines of the Christian faith, and for their total lack of honesty in their claim to believe in the Christian Christmas - as with all things Mormon, Mormon Christmas is a huge impostor, having nothing to do with Christian beliefs at all.

Read your pedophile prophet's mangled version of John 1 in Joey the Liar's version of the Bible for proof that your cult and its followers deny the Word of God became flesh.

Comment

Working...
                              X