Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Mormons Preach Another Jesus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by organgrinder View Post

Eisegesis rums rampant showing typical Mormon misunderstanding of the scriptures in context.
    Frankly, I think that it is important that we make dberrie explain why his random Bible verses have anything to do with his claims. He's gotten away with posting Bible verses with no explanations for too long, and our responses only encourage what is poor behavior pertaining to apologetics.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post
      Explain to us why Luke 24:39 has anything to do with your belief system.
      Because it reveals God the Son has a resurrected body of flesh and bones--and anyone claiming God is Spirit--without a physical body, or a denial God was once a man--has to deal with the fact ---that is a denial Jesus Christ is God:

1 Timothy 2:5---- King James Version (KJV)
      5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

IE---

Originally posted by organgrinder View Post Jesus had a body of flesh and bones but the Father and Spirit do not for God is a Spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post

Because it reveals God the Son has a resurrected body of flesh and bones--and anyone claiming God is Spirit--without a physical body, or a denial God was once a man--has to deal with the fact ---that is a denial Jesus Christ is God:

1 Timothy 2:5---- King James Version (KJV)
        5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

IE---

First God was Manifested in the Flesh and that Manifestation of God died and was Resurrected also as a Manifestation

1 Timothy 3:1{NKJV}
        And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory

When do you say God ceased to be God?

Are you saying there was a time when Christ was NOT God? that He was just a mere man and not God?

Comment

Originally posted by dianaiad View Post

I didn't respond to the video. I dismissed the video.

I responded to the post. Which I read.

Moving the goalposts is a fallacy and doing so indicates that you don't have a response to what was written.
          The OP is about the videos. You didnt watch them. Seems youre the one moving the goalposts.
          ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
          ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
          ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

Originally posted by dianaiad View Post

Didn't watch the video. Don't need to.

.....because y'all have this problem of confusing yourselves with God, and, not letting Him speak through you, but taking His place and telling Him what's what.

Y'all really need to figure out that disagreements with you (and your versions of God and Jesus) are NOT the same thing as 'worshiping a different Jesus."

I have found one thing to be true no matter who I talk to, what their belief system is, and what they claim: nobody has the same vision of Jesus, or of 'true doctrine.' everybody has a different idea about this, to a greater or lesser degree. People disagree with each other on big things, 'little' things, but they disagree. Pastors argue with each other. Academics with DD's argue with each other.

Shoot, this forum is proof positive that Christians argue with each other all the time (and I'm talking about the larger forum, not the 'Mormonism' subforum).

Which one of those do you think is 'really'; the TRUTH about God?

Well, here's a hint. We have it. You don't....but we aren't going to tell you that there are two Jesuses and you are worshiping the 'evil twin."

Wait. come to think of it, isn't that what you are doing to us?
            Mormons argue with each other and disagree with their own prophets who they claim speak for God. How confounding is that.
            ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
            ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
            ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

Originally posted by jamesone5 View Post

First God was Manifested in the Flesh and that Manifestation of God died and was Resurrected also as a Manifestation

1 Timothy 3:1{NKJV}
              And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory

When do you say God ceased to be God?

Are you saying there was a time when Christ was NOT God? that He was just a mere man and not God?
              Dberrie doesn't understand who God is except in the Mormon construct. He doesn't understand Philippians where God the Son has a twin nature of fully God and yet fully human. He can't reconcile it. God never ceased to be God. Jesus never ceased to be God. The Holy Spirit never ceased to be God.

God the Eternal Father never became a man and then progressed to be God, despite what Lorenzo Snow the priest prophet and false revelator said (I believe that was him).

Mormons use the same words-- Father God, Jesus, Holy Ghost, salvation, grace, etc., but they are all different when compared side-side with Christian beliefs. Mormons simply do not understand the biblical scriptures and instead try to jam scriptures into their theology instead of letting the actual scriptures in context determine their theology. Jesus was plain when He said "God is Spirit", yet Mormons must insist He is not, thereby revealing inability to read and understand a simple scripture.
              I am just a miserable sinner saved by grace, called according to His purposes, made righteous and holy by faith in Jesus and who can now boldly enter the throne room of heaven itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Magdalena View Post

Mormons argue with each other and disagree with their own prophets who they claim speak for God. How confounding is that.

Sounds typical to me. What do you think all the NT letters were about?
                The most terrible fear that anybody should have is not war, is not a disease, not cancer or heart problems or food poisoning - it's a man or a woman without a sense of humor. Jonathan Winters

Comment

The OP is about the videos. You didnt watch them. Seems youre the one moving the goalposts.
                  Nope. I responded to the character of the maker of the videos, the person who wrote the post, and the topic of the post.

....and I was very honest about not watching the video, and why.

And if you people had any respect for us as people, or anything else, you would know better even than to ask us to go look at videos which would probably contain temple scripts or any reference to temple scripts.

Moving the goal posts?

(snort)

Wrong fallacy, Magdalena. In fact, I committed no fallacy and I think you are just reaching for the first one you can remember the name of. There's no 'goalpoast moving' in MY post.
                  The most terrible fear that anybody should have is not war, is not a disease, not cancer or heart problems or food poisoning - it's a man or a woman without a sense of humor. Jonathan Winters

Comment

Dberrie doesn't understand who God is except in the Mormon construct. He doesn't understand Philippians where God the Son has a twin nature of fully God and yet fully human. He can't reconcile it. God never ceased to be God. Jesus never ceased to be God. The Holy Spirit never ceased to be God.

God the Eternal Father never became a man and then progressed to be God, despite what Lorenzo Snow the priest prophet and false revelator said (I believe that was him).

Mormons use the same words-- Father God, Jesus, Holy Ghost, salvation, grace, etc., but they are all different when compared side-side with Christian beliefs. Mormons simply do not understand the biblical scriptures and instead try to jam scriptures into their theology instead of letting the actual scriptures in context determine their theology. Jesus was plain when He said "God is Spirit", yet Mormons must insist He is not, thereby revealing inability to read and understand a simple scripture.
                    The Book of Mormon also disagrees with Mormonism as to the 3 persons in The Godhead
                    And inasmuch as mine enemies come against you ... ye shall curse them; And whomsoever ye curse, I will curse, and ye shall avenge me of mine enemies (Doctrine and Covenants, 103:24-25)

Comment

One thing I have noticed about your posts is that you strenuously avoid engaging Mormons in debate, but prefer to stand on the sidelines and shout from the distance. There are two effects of that. Firstly, it demonstrates that you are up to engaging Mormons in serious debate, and you know you are going to lose if you try; so you prefer to shout from the sidelines rather than engage in debate. The second effect of it is that people are going to get bored with your posts, and are going to stop reading them after a while.
                      zerinus
                      I am a Mormon!

Comment

Originally posted by zerinus View Post

One thing I have noticed about your posts is that you strenuously avoid engaging Mormons in debate, but prefer to stand on the sidelines and shout from the distance. There are two effects of that. Firstly, it demonstrates that you are up to engaging Mormons in serious debate, and you know you are going to lose if you try; so you prefer to shout from the sidelines rather than engage in debate. The second effect of it is that people are going to get bored with your posts, and are going to stop reading them after a while.
                        I don't know what you are reading but you are incorrect. Most all of my posts have scriptural backing or backing of some sort (such as LDS sources). You have been confronted with LDS source material on Adam-God and what the Bible actually says about God's nature. You have been confronted with scriptures about false prophets pertaining to Smith and Young statements on doctrine regarding Adam-God and Kimball's refutation of the doctrine making at least one of your prophets a false one according to scripture.

You have been shown the differences between what Christians believe about God's nature, the nature of Jesus, salvation, etc. and how that while Mormons use the same words, the meanings are very different. I don't need to re-quote what other Christians have posted regarding those items. You want us to believe the definitions are the same. They aren't. Yet you want to continue passing yourselves off as first-century Christians with absolutely foreign doctrine.

You folks just can't fathom that as often as you repeat your false doctrines that real Bible-believing Christians won't buy into the Mormon fairy tale. You need to believe your false doctrines perpetuated by false apostles and teachers and purveyors of a fictional set of books because to reject them would require belief in what the Bible actually says. In the post you quoted, I made mention of Philippians which you conveniently ignored. Now who is afraid of the discussion?
                        I am just a miserable sinner saved by grace, called according to His purposes, made righteous and holy by faith in Jesus and who can now boldly enter the throne room of heaven itself.

Comment

Probably not quite as confusing as those who disagree with God Himself:

Matthew 19:16-19--- King James Version (KJV)
                          16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
                          17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
                          18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
                          19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Comment

Working...
                          X