Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Resurrection Sunday...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resurrection Sunday...

This coming Sunday is known to Christians as Resurrection Sunday. Others call it Easter. As a follower of Christ, my faith and hope is that when Christ returns, I will not only return with him, I will be given a resurrected body... This hope is due to Jesus himself rising from the dead three days after his crucifixion... Jesus paid the price to the Father that our sin requires, which is the death of an innocent person... If I had to pay this debt, I would not qualify as innocent and would have to spend eternity in what is often called Hell... My faith and trust is in Jesus Christ. I am not my own. I was purchased with the price, the shed blood of Christ...
    Be light. Share The Gospel. Grow the Kingdom...

Originally posted by Yodas_Prodigy View Post
    This coming Sunday is known to Christians as Resurrection Sunday. Others call it Easter. As a follower of Christ, my faith and hope is that when Christ returns, I will not only return with him, I will be given a resurrected body... This hope is due to Jesus himself rising from the dead three days after his crucifixion... Jesus paid the price to the Father that our sin requires, which is the death of an innocent person... If I had to pay this debt, I would not qualify as innocent and would have to spend eternity in what is often called Hell... My faith and trust is in Jesus Christ. I am not my own. I was purchased with the price, the shed blood of Christ...
    And the Book of Mormon is true!
    zerinus
    I am a Mormon!

Comment

Originally posted by zerinus View Post

There is no truth in that statement.. Your testimony can never alter the fact that there is nothing in the BoM that corresponds to known history.
      MY FOUR APOLOGETIC AXIOMS

1. Any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time

2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

3. Inconsistency is a tiny hobgoblin haunting every cult

4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by john t View Post

There is no truth in that statement.. Your testimony can never alter the fact that there is nothing in the BoM that corresponds to known history.
        It can still be examined theologically. I am more interested in discussing theology than history.
        zerinus
        I am a Mormon!

Comment

It can still be examined theologically. I am more interested in discussing theology than history.
          Theology without the backing of historical facts is as full of nonsense as is Scientology, the cult founded by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard.

2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire

Comment

Theology without the backing of historical facts is as full of nonsense as is Scientology, the cult founded by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard.
            That is rubbish. So every theology book needs to be a history book? Like it or not, this is a Mormon forum. It is a place to discuss Mormon theology and doctrine. And Mormon theology and doctrine is derived from Mormon scripture, which includes the Book of Mormon. It is impossible to discuss Mormonism without making reference to the Book of Mormon. If you are not interested in discussing Mormon beliefs, teachings, theology, and doctrine, you are wasting your own time and other people's in here.
            zerinus
            I am a Mormon!

Comment

That is rubbish. So every theology book needs to be a history book? Like it or not, this is a Mormon forum. It is a place to discuss Mormon theology and doctrine. And Mormon theology and doctrine is derived from Mormon scripture, which includes the Book of Mormon. It is impossible to discuss Mormonism without making reference to the Book of Mormon. .
              Thank you for contradicting yourself

As to your snarky comment:

If you are not interested in discussing Mormon beliefs, teachings, theology, and doctrine, you are wasting your own time and other people's in here
              It demonstrates that you seem to want to simply argue, than to make a consistent, on-topic discussion. Pity

Comment

This is from one of my favorite authors.
                Just enjoy it!

Easter and Missions

“That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection . . . ” (Philippians 3:10).

by A. W. Tozer
                Do we really believe that the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is something more than making us the “happiest fellows in the Easter parade”? Are we just to listen to the bright cantata and join in singing “Up from the Grave He Arose,” smell the flowers, and go home and forget it?

No, certainly not! It is truth and a promise with a specific moral application. The Resurrection certainly commands us with all the authority of sovereign obligation—the missionary obligation!

I cannot give in to the devil’s principle, deceitful tactic, which makes so many Christians satisfied with an “Easter celebration” instead of experiencing the power of Christ’s Resurrection. It is the devil’s business to keep Christians mourning and weeping with pity beside the cross instead of demonstrating that Jesus Christ is risen, indeed.

When will the Christian church rise up, depend on His promise and power, and get on the offensive for the risen and ascended Savior?

Pray

Lord, Your Resurrection has made me truly happy; nothing else could mean more. It made the way for my salvation.

Taken from Renewed Day by Day, Volume II, by A. W. Tozer.

Comment

It demonstrates that you seem to want to simply argue, than to make a consistent, on-topic discussion. Pity
                  Wasting time. Not interested.
                  zerinus
                  I am a Mormon!

Comment

Wasting time. Not interested.
                    No, you are changing your tune with every new post, jumping from one contradiction to another.

Inconsistency is a tiny hobgoblin haunting every cult

Comment

Which has zero to do with what Yoda posted...
                      "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                      "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                      Its easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
                      "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                      "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                      "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

Which has zero to do with what Yoda posted...
                        I second that. This OP should have stood all on its own as a testimony from the writer, unless someone had something to add to it.

Comment

Well - at least we know that Mosiah 14 is true (since Joe and the boys plagiarized it from Isaiah 53 in the REAL Bible).
                          Last edited by Bob Carabbio; 04-17-19, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Well - at least we know that Mosiah 14 is true (since Joe and the boys plagiarized it from Isaiah 53 in the REAL Bible).
                            3 Nephi 11 is true too. Take a look.
                            zerinus
                            I am a Mormon!

Comment

3 Nephi 11 is true too. Take a look.
                              Rejected. Well spun fantasy, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X