Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Challenges of witnessing the gospel to mormons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenges of witnessing the gospel to mormons

I have noticed that witnessing the gospel with mormons can be challenging because of their unbiblical beliefs and the fact they consider the bible to be secondary to their BOM, DC, and other fallible man-made scriptures. Also, mormons are very ignorant of the scriptures and believe in work-based salvation and becoming a god greater than God!!!

What other challenges you have encountered?

mormons, why don't you trust the bible?

Originally posted by BaptistCrusader View Post
    I have noticed that witnessing the gospel with mormons can be challenging because of their unbiblical beliefs and the fact they consider the bible to be secondary to their BOM, DC, and other fallible man-made scriptures. Also, mormons are very ignorant of the scriptures and believe in work-based salvation and becoming a god greater than God!!!

When you (Mormons) believe that you can/will become a god someday, and that Jesus is the spiritual brother of Satan, the Bible means nothing to you as it doesn't teach any of the foundation.

God Speed

It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flatů

Martin Luther The Bondage of the Will

Comment

I have noticed that witnessing the gospel with apostate Christians can be challenging, because of their heretical beliefs and apostate traditions, and the fact they consider God to be dead, and no longer talks to people, or sends them prophets, or gives them revelations and new scripture etc. Also, apostate Christians are very ignorant of the scriptures, and believe in abominable heresies such as predestination, "faith-alone, TULIP etc. which are the recipe for damnation rather than salvation.

Apostate Christians: Why don't you believe your own Bible?
      zerinus
      I am a Mormon!

Comment

Originally posted by zerinus View Post

I have noticed that witnessing the gospel with apostate Christians can be challenging, because of their heretical beliefs and apostate traditions, and the fact they consider God to be dead, and no longer talks to people, or sends them prophets, or gives them revelations and new scripture etc. Also, apostate Christians are very ignorant of the scriptures, and believe in abominable heresies such as predestination, "faith-alone, TULIP etc. which are the recipe for damnation rather than salvation.

Why don't Mormons believe there own Book of Mormon ?

http://beggarsbread.org/2014/07/26/t...rmon-doctrine/
        And inasmuch as mine enemies come against you ... ye shall curse them; And whomsoever ye curse, I will curse, and ye shall avenge me of mine enemies (Doctrine and Covenants, 103:24-25)

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanhoe View Post
          Or more correctly, Why don't you believe your own Bible (John 17)?
          zerinus
          I am a Mormon!

Comment

Could you give us some examples of what you find in the Biblical NT, as far as salvational doctrines go--which is not found in the LDS church?

Also--is this an example of "work--based salvation"?

Acts 2:38 --King James Version (KJV)
            38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Comment

Perfect rebuttal. Of course, ant-eyes aren't willing to look at the beam in their own eyes before attacking what they feel to be a mote in an LDS person's eye. So your rebuttal will probably fall on deaf ears or eyes.

Comment

First of all, I would encourage you to watch YouTube videos of James White and Jeff Durbin witnessing to Mormons at the Mesa temple, or at the temple at SLC. They do so very graciously and charitably, and are positively responded to (usually) by Mormons.

There are literally TONS of topics that you could discuss: polygamy, Mountain Meadows Massacre, baptism for the dead, etc. etc.
                But most of these are far less important than the two CRUCIAL topics you need to stay focussed on:

1) Who is God (and who is man)?

2) What is the gospel (how does one become saved)?

It's okay to get sidetracked on these other issues, as long as you stay focussed and get back on the two main topics of importance.
                "We are not to understand the other side; we are to discuss to expound the truth." -- A misguided apologist
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                "The Law is a storm which wrecks your hopes of self-salvation,
                but washes you upon the Rock of Ages."
                -- Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comment

We do believe the Bible--that is why we are not Mormons. But DO show us the following Mormon doctrines IN THE BIBLE:

1. God the Father was not always God, but was a man on "an earth" who had to learn how to become a God, like all other Gods before him.
                  2. God lives near a star called "Kolob."
                  3. Jesus and Satan were brothers in the pre-mortal spirit existence.
                  4. Adam was first Michael the Archangel.
                  5. Three levels of heaven,where each is clearly named--especially Telestial--and who goes where, after death.
                  6. The necessity of building multi-million dollar temples all over the world, in which to perform what amounts to warmed-over Masonic rituals.
                  7. Wearing undergarments with Masonic symbols on them, for the rest of one's life.
                  8. Eschewing hot drinks and any alcoholic beverages.
                  9. Tithing yearly to be "worthy" to get into Mormon temples.
                  10. One must be married and have that marriage sealed in those temples, in order to be exalted to godhood after death.
                  11. Man can be exalted to godhood after death and become creators of worlds and populate them with their own spirit children.

God could certainly give us more revelation if He deemed it necessary, but you can bet your last dollar He would NOT contradict what He has already revealed to us. Such as, He has revealed that He alone is God, that there is no other--but Mormonism says there are many Gods. Hebrews 1 says that in these last days, God has spoken to us through His Son. Jesus Christ is God's final and most important revelation to us. All we need for salvation is by grace through faith in HIM ONLY. As Paul wrote "It is by grace you are saved, through faith--and that is not of yourself; IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD--and NOT by works, so no one may boast. For we are God's workmanship, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS for good works, which He has prepared in advance, so that we may walk in them."

So, since we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and not by works...what is there left to be saved by? Temple works? An abomination to God. Jesus would never be in such occultic activities, certainly NOT in the wretched video that depicts a butchered and perverted version of the Creation and Fall into Sin stories from Genesis. The LDS church has a very low regard for God's holy word, as proved by those videos. And an abysmally low Christology. Their "Christ" is an exalted creature and the actual brother of Satan (!) in the supposed pre-mortal existence.
                  "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                  "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                  “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
                  "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                  "If the truth hurts--then it is working."--anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanhoe View Post

http://beggarsbread.org/2014/07/26/t...rmon-doctrine/
                    I know, huh? Their own BoM contradicts later "revelation" in the Pearl books and the D and C. Why is that? Did God get it wrong, in what he supposedly "inspired" Smith to write, from the rock in his hat? And had to correct it later on in the Pearl books and D and C?
                    "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                    "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                    “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
                    "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
                      Hebrews 1 says that in these last days, God has spoken to us through His Son. Jesus Christ is God's final and most important revelation to us.
                      If Hebrews 1 stated all revelations ended with Jesus Christ's appearance in the NT--then how does one explain the second coming?

Comment

I know, huh?
                        Do you? Really?

Their own BoM contradicts later "revelation" in the Pearl books and the D and C. ... the Pearl books and D and C....
                        What are these "Pearl books" you mention?

Comment

Originally posted by NRA-Jeff View Post
                          Do you? Really?

What are these "Pearl books" you mention?

Anyone who knows anything about Mormonism would know that the "Pearl Books" would be referring to the books in the bound volume, "Pearl of Great Price", which would be the Book of Moses and Book of Abraham.

If you don't even know THAT much about Mormonism, then maybe you shouldn't be posting here?
                          Just sayin'.
                          Last edited by Mod10; 06-13-19, 04:23 PM. Reason: Flag, no violation
                          "We are not to understand the other side; we are to discuss to expound the truth." -- A misguided apologist
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          "The Law is a storm which wrecks your hopes of self-salvation,
                          but washes you upon the Rock of Ages."
                          -- Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post

If Hebrews 1 stated all revelations ended with Jesus Christ's appearance in the NT--then how does one explain the second coming?
                            Before His crucifixion, Jesus told His disciples what to look for and what would happen when He came again. We already know that it will happen someday. It is already in the Bible.

Comment

Before His crucifixion, Jesus told His disciples what to look for and what would happen when He came again. We already know that it will happen someday. It is already in the Bible.
                              Greetings Bonnie,

and yet mormons look for signs outside the bible.

Comment

Working...
                              X