Mormons follow a different Christ than traditional Christians

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mormons follow a different Christ than traditional Christians

The traditional Christ of whom they speak is not the Christ of whom I speak. For the Christ of whom I speak as been revealed in this the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times. He together with His Father, appeared to the boy Joseph Smith in the year 1820, and when Joseph left the grove that day, he knew more of the matters of God than all the learned ministers of the gospel of the ages." (Church News, June 20, 1998, p70) Gordon B Hinckley

We Look to Christ 2002 General Conference April

https://youtu.be/bkks2O6erGU

LDS Apostle Bruce McConkie taught that Christians have "a mythical Christ" (Mormon Doctrine, p.269). That means we must decide which faith has the real Christ because somebody clearly has a mythical Christ. Do these faiths have the same Jesus? No, if you read the LDS Ensign. It says Christian Churches worship a different Jesus (May 1977, p.26).

Mosiah 3:5 For behold, the time cometh, and is not far distant, that with power, the Lord Omnipotent who reigneth, who was, and is from all eternity to all eternity, shall come down from heaven among the children of men, and shall dwell in a tabernacle of clay, and shall go forth amongst men, working mighty miracles, such as healing the sick, raising the dead, causing the lame to walk, the blind to receive their sight, and the deaf to hear, and curing all manner of diseases.

Notice that Jesus is the Lord Omnipotent and God from Eternity which would mean that he had no Father until he became flesh

Mosiah 15 3 The Father, because he was conceived by the power of God; and the Son, because of the flesh; thus becoming the Father and Sonó

Which agrees with the Bible that teaches Jesus was Fatherless as Jehovah

Hebrews 7
    For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
    To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
    Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

I agree with Gordon B Hinkley that the Christ of Mormonism is a different Christ than Traditional Christianity which agrees with the Creeds including the Book of Mormon

And inasmuch as mine enemies come against you ... ye shall curse them; And whomsoever ye curse, I will curse, and ye shall avenge me of mine enemies (Doctrine and Covenants, 103:24-25)

Yes, we know. We follow Jesus Christ.

Comment

The false one of the LDS church, who is Satan's actual brother in the supposed pre-mortal spirit existence. Not the actual Jesus Christ of the Bible.
      "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
      "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
      “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
      "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
      "If the truth hurts--then it is working."--anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
        The false one of the LDS church, who is Satan's actual brother in the supposed pre-mortal spirit existence.
        Christians disagree with you that Jesus Christ is false.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
          Yes, we know. We follow Jesus Christ.
          Do you?

Did Christ say you have to be married to live with God?
          Did He teach secret handshakes and death penalties if you don't obey or keep it secret?
          ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
          ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
          ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

The false one of the LDS church, who is Satan's actual brother in the supposed pre-mortal spirit existence. Not the actual Jesus Christ of the Bible.
            The actual Jesus of the Bible testified He shared the same God and Father as all spirits do:

John 20:17 ---King James Version (KJV)
            17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Wasn't it you who claimed Jesus was the brother to those spirits?

Hebrews 2:10-17 ---King James Version (KJV)
            10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
            11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
            12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
            13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
            14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
            15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
            16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
            17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

So--if you don't believe God the Father is the Father of all spirits--then could you reveal to us what God is the Father of the remainder?

Comment

Originally posted by Magdalena View Post
              Do you?
              Yes.

Comment

Yes.
                Please answer the other questions.
                ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
                ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
                ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

Originally posted by Magdalena View Post
                  Please answer the other questions.
                  Off-topic.

Comment

Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post

The actual Jesus of the Bible testified He shared the same God and Father as all spirits do:

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
                    11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
                    12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
                    13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
                    14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
                    15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
                    16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
                    17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

So--if you don't believe God the Father is the Father of all spirits--then could you reveal to us what God is the Father of the remainder?
                    Jesus did lay aside his equality, wealth, Joy and Glory with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit and humbled himself to the form of a servant .

”Who although being essentially one with God and in the Form of God {possessing the fullness of the attributes which make GOD GOD} did not think this equality with God was a thing to be grasped or retained.” Philippians 2:6 Amplified version

“For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.” 2 Cor. 8:9

Hebrews 12
                    1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

In the original language “for the joy” means “he exchanged Joy for Shame”.

John 17
                    “Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Thank you, Jesus, for coming down from your throne in heaven where you were the Almighty God, “EL SHADDAI”, The Great I AM creator of all things in heaven and earth, visible and invisible, thrones, dominions, and principalities and powers. You were rich yet you became poor. You were Almighty yet you emptied yourself and became a humble servant, you exchanged joy for sorrow , sorrow by dying a shameful death on a cross as a criminal even thou you had no sin , Jesus you laid aside your Glory with God the Father and Holy Spirit . Thank you, Jesus,

And inasmuch as mine enemies come against you ... ye shall curse them; And whomsoever ye curse, I will curse, and ye shall avenge me of mine enemies (Doctrine and Covenants, 103:24-25)

Comment

Christians disagree with you that Jesus Christ is false.
                      I never said that Jesus Christ is false. Please read me more carefully. I said the Mormon Jesus is false. The Mormon Jesus is an exalted creature, the supposed first-born son of Elohim by one of his exalted wives, in the pre-mortal, spirit existence--the actual elder brother of Satan (!). That makes Jesus and Satan intrinsically and ontologically equal. What blasphemy! Jesus is the UNcreated and eternal Word of God, Who, at a certain point in time, took on human flesh, so He could keep the Law perfectly in our stead and be the ultimate, perfect sacrifice for the sins of the whole world, on Calvary's cross. Satan is a created, fallen angel--not the same at all!

So, it is the MORMON Jesus who is false and doesn't exist--not the true Jesus Christ of the Bible, Whom true Christians believe in for their salvation, great and free.
                      "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                      "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                      “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
                      "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."

Comment

I never said that Jesus Christ is false. Please read me more carefully. I said the Mormon Jesus is false. The Mormon Jesus is an exalted creature,
                        The Bible testifies Jesus Christ is an exalted man:

Acts 5:30-31--- King James Version (KJV)
                        30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
                        31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

1 Timothy 2:5--- King James Version (KJV)
                        5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Could you show us any official LDS doctrine which refers to Jesus a "creature"?

The only one I know which might is this one:

Colossians 1:15--- King James Version (KJV)
                        15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Perhaps you would like to define what you believe "creature" means?

Comment

That makes Jesus and Satan intrinsically and ontologically equal. What blasphemy! Jesus is the UNcreated and eternal Word of God,
                          So--is the claim by Jesus here--testifying that both He--and mankind--share the same God and Father--blasphemy?

Wouldn't that mean He and mankind are ontologically and intrinsically equal--according to your post above?

Comment

Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post The actual Jesus of the Bible testified He shared the same God and Father as all spirits do:

Originally posted by Ivanhoe View Post
                            Jesus did lay aside his equality, wealth, Joy and Glory with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit and humbled himself to the form of a servant .
                            Perhaps you could explain to us how you are relating that to my post above?

Comment

Off-topic.
                              Not really. This thread is about the true Jesus Christ. So, these questions are pertinent to this thread, to determine what the true Jesus Christ OF THE BIBLE actually taught.

So, please answer Maggie's questions. I would be I interested in seeing your answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X