Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Holy Spirit" and LDS theology

Originally posted by organgrinder View Post
    The saved person simply walks in faith, understanding that the evidence of faith is doing what the Holy Spirit tells him or her. It is the result of salvation, not a precursor to salvation.
    In the LDS theology--there are some liabilities the scriptures levy against that thought:

Acts 5:31-32 ---King James Version (KJV)
    31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
    32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post

In the LDS theology--there are some liabilities the scriptures levy against that thought:

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
    32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
    Obey Him

Those that hear the Gospel and believe in Christ.....Obey God.

John 6:40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

Comment

More of the usual LDS "Salvation by WORKS" heresy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post
        What do you feel is "heresy" about the posted scripture?

Comment

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post
          Obey Him

John 6:40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”
          That only connects obedience as an integral component to belief.

Comment

Obey Him

John 6:40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”
            Exactly. Obeying God IS believing the Gospel message. That is the obedience of faith. This article explains it nicely:

https://faithalone.org/grace-in-focu...s-15-and-1626/
            "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
            "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
            “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
            "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
            "If the truth hurts--then it is working."--anonymous

Comment

Yep, Plus a failure to realize what "obey" means in This context, when ALL of Scripture is taken into account. Please see the link I gave in my post to CC.
              "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
              "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
              “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
              "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."

Comment

What do you feel is "heresy" about the posted scripture?

The totally ignorant eisegesis of it by YOU and the LDS theologians.

Comment

That only connects obedience as an integral component to belief.
                  Obedience continues into salvation..obedience towards good works..."10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."

Comment

Obedience continues into salvation..obedience towards good works..."10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."
                    And if we don't "walk in them"?

Comment

The totally ignorant eisegesis of it by YOU and the LDS theologians.
                      Scriptures which defy one's theology has a tendency to rile people up:

Comment

Scriptures which defy one's theology has a tendency to rile people up:

Aww - isn't that cute!! You've found another little favorite verse to beat up people with to "prove" your "Works Salvation" hangup.

Comment

Aww - isn't that cute!! You've found another little favorite verse to beat up people with to "prove" your "Works Salvation" hangup.
                          So--you believe this scripture proves "works salvation"?

Comment

So--you believe this scripture proves "works salvation"?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!! But obviously YOU DO, since you're the one that quoted it as part of your LDS "Salvation by works" theology.

Comment

Ignoring the context and the rest of the Scriptural witness is also cute, isn't it Bob?

Comment

Working...
                              X