Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Following Jesus to His Church

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Following Jesus to His Church

    After many years as a Baptist, I have finally decided to come to the Church of Jesus Christ, the Church of Latter Day Saints. Please Pray for God to continue to lead me to His True Church founded by His Prophet, and guided by His Prophets. I am happy to escape the confusion and divisions of the false christianity of evangelicalism.

  • #2
    Originally posted by BaptistCrusader View Post

    ... the Church of Jesus Christ, the Church of Latter Day Saints ...
    That is a confusing title, not sure which denomination you are referring to.
    zerinus
    I am a Mormon!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BaptistCrusader View Post
      After many years as a Baptist, I have finally decided to come to the Church of Jesus Christ, the Church of Latter Day Saints. Please Pray for God to continue to lead me to His True Church founded by His Prophet, and guided by His Prophets. I am happy to escape the confusion and divisions of the false christianity of evangelicalism.
      So you are getting involved with cult instead of the church of Jesus Christ. I'll pray for your deliverance from this abomination.
      It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flatů

      Martin Luther The Bondage of the Will

      Comment


      • #4
        So, you would exchange the truth for a lie....? Are you even aware of all that the LDS church teaches? Like the following:

        1. God the father is an exalted man of flesh and bone, who had to learn how to become a God--as all other gods before him had done.
        2. Jesus and Satan (Lucifer) are actual, literal brothers in the supposed pre-mortal existence, with both being the actual sons of God by some unnamed heavenly mother or mothers
        3. Men can become gods just as their God did, if they jump through all sorts of Mormon "hoops", the most important being doing the temple works necessary--like being baptized on behalf of dead people, and going through the temple endowment ceremony and keeping the covenants made therein--one of which is tithing yearly to the LDS church, in order to be "worthy" to get inside of it. In fact, one must commit to tithing before even becoming a member of the LDS church.

        These are only three false teachings. There are many more. Do you know the following: Joseph Smith was a false prophet, who made a number of false prophesies in God's name. He also taught polygamy, and married many other women, including a couple as young as 14. He even married other men's wives, while they were still married to their first husbands.

        Do some research before you commit to joining this false church. I would suggest going to www.utlm.org and www.unveilingmormonism.com. And may the true Lord Jesus Christ of the Bible lead you away from the heresy that is the LDS church.
        "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
        "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
        “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
        "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
        "If the truth hurts--then it is working."--anonymous

        Comment


        • #5
          Also, BC, please see my post no. 1174, that shows how drastically Mormon theology has changed, since its inception in 1830:

          https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/cu...temples/page79

          "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
          "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
          “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
          "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
          "If the truth hurts--then it is working."--anonymous

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
            So, you would exchange the truth for a lie....? Are you even aware of all that the LDS church teaches? Like the following:

            1. God the father is an exalted man of flesh and bone, who had to learn how to become a God--as all other gods before him had done.
            2. Jesus and Satan (Lucifer) are actual, literal brothers in the supposed pre-mortal existence, with both being the actual sons of God by some unnamed heavenly mother or mothers
            3. Men can become gods just as their God did, if they jump through all sorts of Mormon "hoops", the most important being doing the temple works necessary--like being baptized on behalf of dead people, and going through the temple endowment ceremony and keeping the covenants made therein--one of which is tithing yearly to the LDS church, in order to be "worthy" to get inside of it. In fact, one must commit to tithing before even becoming a member of the LDS church.

            These are only three false teachings. There are many more. Do you know the following: Joseph Smith was a false prophet, who made a number of false prophesies in God's name. He also taught polygamy, and married many other women, including a couple as young as 14. He even married other men's wives, while they were still married to their first husbands.

            Do some research before you commit to joining this false church. I would suggest going to www.utlm.org and www.unveilingmormonism.com. And may the true Lord Jesus Christ of the Bible lead you away from the heresy that is the LDS church.
            Sorry, I meant tithing to be worthy to get inside of the TEMPLES. My fingers weren't fully awake yet and I must not have been, either.
            "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
            "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
            “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
            "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
            "If the truth hurts--then it is working."--anonymous

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BaptistCrusader View Post
              After many years as a Baptist, I have finally decided to come to the Church of Jesus Christ, the Church of Latter Day Saints.
              Do you mean the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? If so, welcome!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BaptistCrusader View Post
                After many years as a Baptist, I have finally decided to come to the Church of Jesus Christ, the Church of Latter Day Saints. Please Pray for God to continue to lead me to His True Church founded by His Prophet, and guided by His Prophets. I am happy to escape the confusion and divisions of the false christianity of evangelicalism.
                So BaptistCrusader...it appears you are going to become a Mormon. I also find it interesting you have spent a lot of time and posts on the Roman Catholic Forum. Pages of posts. Defended sola scriptura in one post on Corpus Christi thread. So... are you genuine or is this just a trolling expedition? I've seen this type of thing before on the RCC forum where a person announces he is investigating the church and is having a difficult time trying to decide when in reality he had already taken the classes and was waiting for Easter vigil to be baptized into the church.

                Just makes me wonder if you are serious or disingenuous.
                I am just a miserable sinner saved by grace, called according to His purposes, made righteous and holy by faith in Jesus and who can now boldly enter the throne room of heaven itself.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by organgrinder View Post

                  So BaptistCrusader...it appears you are going to become a Mormon. I also find it interesting you have spent a lot of time and posts on the Roman Catholic Forum. Pages of posts. Defended sola scriptura in one post on Corpus Christi thread. So... are you genuine or is this just a trolling expedition? I've seen this type of thing before on the RCC forum where a person announces he is investigating the church and is having a difficult time trying to decide when in reality he had already taken the classes and was waiting for Easter vigil to be baptized into the church.

                  Just makes me wonder if you are serious or disingenuous.
                  Such posters are called "hit and run" posters, who often post stuff like this, just for fun, to stir things up a bit, etc. If so, they need a new hobby!
                  "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                  "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                  “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
                  "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                  "If the truth hurts--then it is working."--anonymous

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
                    Also, BC, please see my post no. 1174, that shows how drastically Mormon theology has changed, since its inception in 1830:
                    The truth is---any attempt to fit early Christian beliefs with your theology would be like dressing Queen Elizabeth in a croker sack, IMO.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      EDITED

                      I will be very happy to discuss this with you on the Lutheran board, Jeff--Oh, look, we already have:

                      https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/ch...r-and-polygamy

                      I suggest you read ALL of the responses, including mine. This was just a year ago.

                      Of course, bad advice had nothing to do with Christian doctrine, as plural wifery did in the LDS church, and was part of the very warp and woof of Mormon theology for many years, until forced to abandon it, in order for Utah to be admitted to statehood, in 1890.

                      Practicing polygamy was never, ever a part of Christian doctrines, that one must practice, to be saved. So much so, I think BYoung wrote that if one didn't practice it, he was damned (paraphrasing).

                      But I would like some Mormon to show me where God okayed Smith marrying other men's wives, while they were still legally married to their first husbands. I don't see it in D and C 132, OR the BoM, for that matter.
                      Last edited by Bonnie; 11-12-19, 09:52 AM.
                      "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                      "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                      “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
                      "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                      "If the truth hurts--then it is working."--anonymous

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
                        EDITED
                        I will be very happy to discuss this with you on the Lutheran board, Jeff.
                        Oh? In in that thread, did you answer the question "Are you okay with the lie?" ???

                        Because that was the question.

                        Hey, I know: Just answer it right here, with a simple "yes" or "no" in your next post.
                        A useful lie would not be against God..Satan can completely assume human form-we may lie with the Devil in the shape of a woman..women may think that a man is in bed with them yet ’tis the Devil; the result is an imp,half mortal,half devil (Luther)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NRA-Jeff View Post
                          Oh? In in that thread, did you answer the question "Are you okay with the lie?" ???

                          Because that was the question.

                          Hey, I know: Just answer it right here, with a simple "yes" or "no" in your next post.
                          If you had read the posts in the link, you would have read my answer. Especially read my posts 7 and 10 on the thread in the link.

                          Was YOUR "prophet" wrong to teach polygamy as part of the "new and everlasting covenant"? Was he wrong to marry other men's wives, while they were still legally married to their first husbands? Oh, and DO you know of any place in the D and C where your God was okay with THAT? Did you God command THAT?

                          Hey!--A simple "yes" or "no" from you will suffice, on this thread.
                          Last edited by Bonnie; 11-12-19, 11:57 AM.
                          "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                          "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                          “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
                          "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                          "If the truth hurts--then it is working."--anonymous

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
                            If you had read the posts in the link, you would have read my answer. Especially read my posts 7 and 10 on the thread in the link.

                            Was YOUR "prophet" wrong to teach polygamy as part of the "new and everlasting covenant"?
                            So, Bonnie--how do you feel about being adopted into the seed of a polygamist?

                            Galatians 3:26-29 ---King James Version (KJV)
                            26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
                            27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
                            28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
                            29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

                            IOW--you have to adopted into Abraham's seed--to be an heir.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post

                              So, Bonnie--how do you feel about being adopted into the seed of a polygamist?

                              Galatians 3:26-29 ---King James Version (KJV)
                              26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
                              27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
                              28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
                              29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

                              IOW--you have to adopted into Abraham's seed--to be an heir.
                              The Bible is clear, no pre-earth life

                              And inasmuch as mine enemies come against you ... ye shall curse them; And whomsoever ye curse, I will curse, and ye shall avenge me of mine enemies (Doctrine and Covenants, 103:24-25)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X