Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Both oneness AND trin are wrong, but oneness is better.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No wonder you are not even curious about why Peter, Paul and Phillip ended up baptizing in the specific name of the titles commanded in Matt 28:19.
    Silly goose, I've listened to your explanation. I've pointed out how pathetic it was. I've already explained all this to you. You refused to listen. It's not my fault you are arrogantly ignorant.
    How can you listen with your mind blinded?

You need to PRAY that God shows you what is going on.

Comment

• The teacher asks Truther to explain to the class on the chalkboard how the specific singular name of the titles is Jesus, then Truther shows the class the evidence of his findings in Acts 2, 8, 10 and 19.
      And, the Teacher fails him on the spot because Acts 2, 8, 10 and 19 don't specify the singular name of the titles is Jesus.
      Don't be a jealous student, but.....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved...

16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)...

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days....

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

....not Father, Son and Holy Ghost or YHWH.

Comment

• The Baptist is squirming in the back of the class, shouting "insufficient, insufficient" as he is sent to the principals office for a time out.
        In reality, the Baptist is squirming because he needs to use the restroom. The class started at 2; it is now 5:30, and Truther is still up front going around and around in circles never justifying anything.
        Truther only presented a quick, 5 minute summary of every instance of being water baptized in the name of Jesus Christ in Acts, which seemed like an eternity to the Baptist.

The Baptist wets his pants in the back of class in protest.

Comment

• Honest question, why do you think stories like these are relevant to this discussion? You obviously made them up. They don't express any perceived truth that hasn't been more clearly specified elsewhere? Anyone can do it, and it doesn't help anyone. Why are you wasting your time daydreaming like this? I think you are just expressing your narrative to bolster your emotional framework, or just saying things to mockingly laugh at others. Either way, this doesn't bold well for you. What do you think?
          Oh c'mon...laugh a little.

Comment

• It's called knowing history. The Jews didn't speak English in first century Palestine.
            Right, they all spoke Greek.

God gave the name "Iesous" to Joseph and Mary.

The Jews lived under gentile rule for over 400 years.

Comment

• I am chastening you for comparing internet history as equivalent to scripture,
              Silly goose, I didn't compare internet history to Scripture. How can you be this oblivious?
              Sure you do.

To attempt to prove your doctrine you say "Truther, look what XYZ said in history".

That is as wacky as me trying to prove a doctrine by quoting Joseph Smith.

Get your head back in the Bible and stop reaching for "internet proof"..

Comment

• You are using crazy commentary to bash flat the edge of your sword.
                Hello? I'm using a biblical analogy talking about sharpening humans. Proverbs 27:17 "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." Learn your Bible.
                Yeah, stick to counseling sessions with your Baptist friends.

Don't go to them for scriptural sharpening.

They are trying to grind the edge off your Acts sword.

Comment

• Therefore, abandon them and obey the original elders(Peter, Phillip and Paul).
                  We already do. When are you going to start listening?
                  No you don't.

Baptists come out of the huddle every Sunday and try to beat the Acts team.

Fact is, the Acts team dominates the Baptists and the QB(Pastor) gets sacked every play.

The great cloud of witnesses are astonished that the Baptists even show up to play every week.

You guys need to request a trade to the winning team.
                  Last edited by Truther; 01-13-19, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Hard to find good elders these days.
                    Yeah, you are the worse teacher/elder I've ever met. Refusing to think or listen you just bash people over the head with your paddle until some start screaming mercy. I'm tired of laughing at your comedy show. When will you say something meaningful?
                    Oh c'mon, you need an Acts elder, not a Baptist elder.

If you lived under Peter etc., you would have had the name of Jesus spoken over you, around you and from you.

The elders in Acts fed God's flock.

The Baptist elders devour God's flock, forbidding baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, yet demanding subservience from the congregation.

Comment

• My defense mechanism is indeed to toss commentary about what folks think the Bible is saying out the window.
                      And, tossing commentary out is utterly foolish. How can you spot your own hogwash if you never bother to check it?
                      By debating it.

I look for folks that are well versed to debate ideas.

This is better than reading someone's journal of ideas without being able to challenge them.

The problem with denominationalism is that their doctrines are set in stone and not up for grabs...all 1000+ of them.

Comment

• Having commentary is as deceiving as tinkering with Led Zeppelin etc.
                        So, Truther's remedy is to follow his personal commentary and ignore everyone else. And, don't think too much either. That leads to writing another commentary that may disagree with Truther's master Commentary, the true Word of God according to Truther.

Silly goose, you are denying commentary while demanding others follow your commentary. Hypocrite.
                        You got me all wrong, Baptist.

There is no "commentary", but an interaction of ideas with you and me.

When it comes down to it, Truther allows folks to make their own minds up, but the difference is this....

Truther magnifies the book of Acts for all to see, while the rest rip it to shreds.

Truther wants Baptists to obey Acts 2:38 and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins.

Baptists think they obtain remission of sins pre-Acts 2:38 by a thought and confession process.

Baptists also skip Acts and rob the church's mail room to give their mail to sinners.

Maybe I should consider myself a reformer to the lawless Baptists.

Comment

• True this: what folks say when they think they know anything, they know nothing yet. A difficult statement in Scripture few ever realize. "Few" ever find the narrow road to LIFE

(Yeshua),

partly because they 'listened' to someone who thought they knew the truth,

because they listened to someone they thought knew the truth,

because they listened tosomeone they thought knew the truth,

because they listened to someone they thought knew the truth.....

and thus were (each link) prevented or stopped

from seeking the Kingdom of Heaven. Maybe they did seek for years, or decades, but then they stopped seeking. The results are bad. (everywhere) (for most people)

Originally posted by Truther View Post
                          My defense mechanism is indeed to toss commentary about what folks think the Bible is saying out the window.

By debating it.

I look for folks that are well versed to debate ideas.

This is better than reading someone's journal of ideas without being able to challenge them.

The problem with denominationalism is that their doctrines are set in stone and not up for grabs...all 1000+ of them.

Comment

• 87 internet pages 'fighting' the oneness heresy. (just saw the first page posts).....

Sad to see so much time and space wasted for so many against an obvious known heresy that "little children" can see right through and avoid when they are raised knowing Jesus.

Truther is 'proud' , sadly, in error, happy to expose some known errors in other groups, but blind to his or her own blasphemies,, and apparently won't listen to anyone from anywhere when they speak the truth...... odd irony, isn't this ? Having a name like truther, but continually denying Jesus, the One Who is TRUTH.

Pray more, post and talk less, (I learned the last six months the importance of this), everyone pray constantly, pray for truther and conqueror and he will add daily as long as Yahweh permits (He may say don't pray today, or some day soon, for one or more as He directs in His Plan and Purpose and Perfect Wisdom.

It makes a bigger difference than all the posts in all the threads in all the sections in all the forums in all the sites in all the web.

We have barely realized how important prayer is, to bind the enemy and to set loose those deceived by the "strong man" in their house;

LET'S FIND OUT THIS WEEK, for the SALVATION of SOULS (when they are willing) , and next week, and the next, just how Yahweh can answer prayer -- the battle is His, and the victory, in Jesus !

Comment

• Originally posted by Jethro77 View Post
                              87 internet pages 'fighting' the oneness heresy. (just saw the first page posts).....

Sad to see so much time and space wasted for so many against an obvious known heresy that "little children" can see right through and avoid when they are raised knowing Jesus.

Truther is 'proud' , sadly, in error, happy to expose some known errors in other groups, but blind to his or her own blasphemies,, and apparently won't listen to anyone from anywhere when they speak the truth...... odd irony, isn't this ? Having a name like truther, but continually denying Jesus, the One Who is TRUTH.

Pray more, post and talk less, (I learned the last six months the importance of this), everyone pray constantly, pray for truther and conqueror and he will add daily as long as Yahweh permits (He may say don't pray today, or some day soon, for one or more as He directs in His Plan and Purpose and Perfect Wisdom.

It makes a bigger difference than all the posts in all the threads in all the sections in all the forums in all the sites in all the web.

We have barely realized how important prayer is, to bind the enemy and to set loose those deceived by the "strong man" in their house;

LET'S FIND OUT THIS WEEK, for the SALVATION of SOULS (when they are willing) , and next week, and the next, just how Yahweh can answer prayer -- the battle is His, and the victory, in Jesus !

How is Truther blaspheming?

Comment

• Originally posted by Truther View Post
                                Having commentary is as deceiving as tinkering with Led Zeppelin etc.

You got me all wrong, Baptist.

There is no "commentary", but an interaction of ideas with you and me.

When it comes down to it, Truther allows folks to make their own minds up, but the difference is this....

Truther magnifies the book of Acts for all to see, while the rest rip it to shreds.

Truther wants Baptists to obey Acts 2:38 and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins.

Baptists think they obtain remission of sins pre-Acts 2:38 by a thought and confession process.

Baptists also skip Acts and rob the church's mail room to give their mail to sinners.

Maybe I should consider myself a reformer to the lawless Baptists.

Comment

Working...
                                X