Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

There is NO ONE ONENESS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLayman View Post
    Sorry AEG, I don't speak gibberish so I'm not even going to try to decode what you said. I do know that you didn't show any straw man and as usual I know you are not going to be responsive to the actual topic of the thread (as usual I'm not even sure you actually read the posts you are responding to), you are simply here to disrupt as you fancy yourself some sort of great intellectual debater or something.

TheLayman
    gibberish is a code word for I'm real slow and basic ,I can't comprehend things beyond my limited scope of knowledge. I do not fancy myself of anything of the sort. Just a humble servant who can rightly divide within the immediate scope of scriptures as always......Can't a clue.
    Last edited by Aeg4371; 09-12-15, 11:27 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

I hadn't seen this one before but after watching for just a couple of minutes I said to myself, "This is a Limey Bob production," and sure enough, it was made by Robert Skinner, aka Limey Bob. Here is one of my favorites:
      Ray Stevens explains Oneness Theology/Christology

I'd also like to make one of those productions with an expanded version of The Oneness Pentecostal God has Amnesia

On a serious note (and using the funny stuff as my reason for saying this) I cannot understand why Oneness don't take this to heart and make it a priority to explain things in a way that makes their true beliefs clear and understandable even if it means they have to admit they are teaching more than one person. Why would you prefer to claim that your orthodox teaching and belief is incoherent contradictory doublespeak doubletalk gibberish? Of course the answer is in this thread and it is because their identity is being anti-Trinitarian and claiming the Father and the Son are the same one person and to do otherwise is to lose that identity...so cult think/check your brain at the door kicks in.

TheLayman
      The cartoonist does not have a clear understanding of God nor or Oneness.

Perhaps the cartoon trinitarian could explain how a Son is literally eternal and not really a Son in the actual meaning of the word? Calling it a mystery is not an explanation but an excuse. What he says contradictions Luke 1:35.

Oneness believes that the one who became the Son is eternal since Jesus is both God and man. The Son is the result of the incarnation - God manifest in flesh. God was not manifest in flesh from eternity and this is why we say that the Son is not actually eternal.

It is not foolish, silly or contradictory to believe, as Luke 1:35 teaches, that the Son was actually BEGOTTEN and the SON is actually called the SON because he was literally begotten by God.

The eternal Holy One assumed humanity and is called the Son of God. Three eternal, self-aware consciousnesses who are each objectively aware of themselves and each other and love each other, and communicate with each other from eternity are three gods.

Believe in the authentic humanity of Jesus (because you aren't now doing so other than paying it lip service) and it will become clearer to you.

Comment

Either you do not really read what you are responding to or you read it and don't understand it. Either way it is impossible to communicate and reason with you.

BTW, since in the words of YOUR great theologian Hillary Clinton you don't "think" any of this makes any difference could you be enough of a gentlemen to simply stay out of my threads and let those of us who believe it does make a difference attempt to have a reasonable discussion? It would be much appreciated.

TheLayman
        But as the perfection of the divine essence is greater than can be included in any name, it does not follow, if a relative term or any other name applied to God signify something imperfect, that the divine essence is in any way imperfect; for the divine essence comprehends within itself the perfection of every genus.

It makes a difference to you because your petty. Only God can comprehend His own nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeg4371 View Post
          But as the perfection of the divine essence is greater than can be included in any name, it does not follow, if a relative term or any other name applied to God signify something imperfect, that the divine essence is in any way imperfect; for the divine essence comprehends within itself the perfection of every genus.

It makes a difference to you because your petty. Only God can comprehend His own nature.
          What is God's divine essence? How did the Father have it? How did the Son have it?

Is the way of God's divine essence? Is the truth of God's divine essence? Is the life of God's divine essence? What about grace, mercy and faith?

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhDay View Post
            What is God's divine essence? How did the Father have it? How did the Son have it?

Is the way of God's divine essence? Is the truth of God's divine essence? Is the life of God's divine essence? What about grace, mercy and faith?

God bless you,

SeventhDay
            God being Spirit by nature has no form ergo the divine essence/divine nature/divine substance is His form which is that same Spirit. The perfection of that form is communicated by the relation of paternity filiation spiration. Substantively speaking the subsisting relation is the divine essence itself,simple form of Spirit. Then it would follow God self revelation is in regard to another thus expressed as distinct and this is by way of hypostasis.

In Jesus Name.

Comment

Thanks for directing me here Layman. I didn't remember CARM even had a Oneness forum. I would have instead posted my Trinity thread in this forum, had I known. I think I'm going to flag my own OP and ask for it to be moved here...
              I wiped my slate clean and followed only biblical data to see if Unitarianism was true. After 40 weeks, I knew it was impossible.
              After 5 years, very few were even capable of interacting with the exegeses, so I am all but inactive now.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeg4371 View Post

God being Spirit by nature has no form ergo the divine essence/divine nature/divine substance is His form which is that same Spirit. The perfection of that form is communicated by the relation of paternity filiation spiration. Substantively speaking the subsisting relation is the divine essence itself,simple form of Spirit. Then it would follow God self revelation is in regard to another thus expressed as distinct and this is by way of hypostasis.

In Jesus Name.
                One God one hypostasis.

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

In other words, what unites Oneness Pentecostals is not what they affirm, it is what they deny

Incorrect.

What unites oneness Pentecostals is their stance on Acts 2:38.

The rest comes later.

There are many that argue over doctrines of all types after that, but all agree that it all starts at Pentecost.

Comment

Hyper-Oneness believers are constantly having to re-interpret and re-define (read: twist) what the scriptures are actually saying. When they read scriptures about the Father loving the son, or about the son growing in wisdom, stature, and favor with God and man, they have to make that into the Father "loved that image of himself" (sort of). The beautiful story of the garden of Gethesemane, where Jesus surrended his will in the garden and said "nevertheless, not my will but thine be done" is totally lost on them, as they see it more or less as a divine example or a charade.
                    Trinitarians have a non-unified God with opposing wills per person.

Oneness says " the body of the Father" was given a will.

Both are wrong, but oneness is closer to what really happened.

Jesus(not the body of God or a 2nd person of God), but an individual as a replacement for the first Adam(the last Adam), is what the Bible teaches.

Oneness was started as former trins that modified, instead of breaking free, from the RCC teaching that all trins use called "hypostatic union".

All H/U's are governed by the RCC as their founder.

Comment

Another Oneness poster replied saying, “Thanks for that info Brother. I've often wondered why some folks would say that oneness teaches that Jesus was His own father. It's because of this group that's got it wrong. I would like to hear more about this.” Oneness Apologist Jason Dulle describes “modalism” as “the "God in a costume" view of the incarnation.”
                      Trins also teach "God in a costume", as per this.....

Revelation 3:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

...etc.

Both trins AND oneness deny that our Lord Jesus in heaven has a God as we speak, today.

Both groups struggle with this verse as they compete with their "wrongness" doctrines too.....

1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Finding fault with another's doctrine does not justify one's own false doctrine.

Jesus has a God. Live with it and make this your foundational doctrine(pre RCC).

Comment

So is it any wonder that as you go through the threads on this board you will find that Oneness seem loathed to explain their beliefs and answer your questions? Is it any wonder they are so defensive that they are often “offensive?” You can see their negative theology and anti-doctrine in almost every thread when asking about Oneness beliefs as the Oneness believers invariably want to talk about the doctrine of the Trinity, or at least their misunderstanding of it. That is perhaps the other extraordinary distinctive about their negative theology and their anti-doctrine. They don’t really understand what they are disagreeing with, their own personal version will do. These are the things I find very unique about Oneness Pentecostals:

Oneness teachers have a single, ultimate goal in mind....to get the unbeliever and the trin to be baptized or re-baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins per Acts 2:38 to be part of the original Church...... of the pre commentary, original Church.

Their goal is noble and in the perfect plan of God, but they must eventually reject the RCC founded "incarnation, hypostatic union" theory and seal the deal of original Apostolic doctrine.

The trins that do not obey Acts 2:38 are absent of the remission of sins per Acts 2:38, so in the immediate, they must all become saved before arguing with oneness over the Godhead subject.

This is why oneness does not believe(and rightly so), that trins are even saved yet.

If trins would take the plunge and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins, the oneness would consider them a type of brethren.

Within any oneness/trin debate, the oneness is first and foremost trying to get the trin baptized per Acts 2:38.

Comment

This is why it is hard to get clear answers from Oneness Pentecostals. Their answers, when they will give them, are usually cloaked in vague and ambiguous language. Even then it is generally incoherent, contradictory, and internally inconsistent. This negative theology, anti-belief can be seen in their approach to Scripture, especially the New Testament. They have a hermeneutic that is best described as “it doesn’t really mean what it says.” They try to overlay their negative theology onto Scripture itself.
                          Clear answers?

As a trin, please explain Rev 3:2, how that Jesus said from heaven, "my God", 4 times in a single verse.

Now, try to condense it in a couple of sentences and not post mass commentary about it to re-explain what he "really meant".

My point, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Just obey Acts 2:38.

Comment

1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Do you know that our Lord Jesus has a God, right now, as we speak?

Do you know there is only one God and Jesus has this God too?

Can you all add this into your everyday vocabulary?

If not, you are not true Apostolic per 1st century, but RCC per 5th century.

Comment

2. As a group, they do not really know what they believe concerning the “Oneness” of the Father and the Son.
                              Right, because they, like trins believe in a "hypostatic union" of God, which debunks both them and trins.

God did not become a microscopic sperm cell to mate with Mary's egg as H/U inadvertently teaches.

Mary is not the mother of the "flesh nature" of God, AKA, mother of God, as H/U inadvertently teaches.

Both groups have swallowed the RCC hook of God incarnated into flesh.

Since they cannot shake the hook, at least obey Acts 2:38 and see what the God of our Lord Jesus says about it at the end.

Comment

God is not the God of His flesh’s self, per oneness.

God is is not the God of the flesh of the 2nd person’s self, per trin

God is the God of our Lord, the man Christ Jesus, the begotten son of God, the individual man, the redo of the first Adam.

Escape the RCC.

Comment

Working...
                                X