Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The Logos as the Divine Expression

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TibiasDad View Post

Then how can you argue your position if you can properly understand either language?

But it is a belief in unicorns, for there is no credible evidence to support your belief; just a twisted, narrow, definition of a single word (one) about the most complex and indescribable being in existence, namely God. If God was trying to say that he was the only person who is God, he would have said I am the only one who is God, but he didn't, he said "the Lord your God is one", not the only person, but one in unity of essence. It is not one is God, but God is one.

Here is the grammar issue again. "And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began." (John 17:5) παρὰ σεαυτῷ , with you, or in your presence, corresponds to the πρὸς τὸν Θεόν, with God, of John 1:1. But the John 17:5 is even stronger in its sense of spacial proximity one one person to another. It can mean nothing else.

Doug
    Two roles of God are very close together!

God is one Lord means exactly what it says without putting a spin on it.

No where in the scriptures is God presented as three selves which is a trinity invention!

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhDay View Post

Two roles of God are very close together!

God is one Lord means exactly what it says without putting a spin on it.

No where in the scriptures is God presented as three selves which is a trinity invention!

God bless you,

SeventhDay
      You present no scripture, or even lexical evidence in support of your response, and you do not even try to refute or falsify the biblical and lexical evidence that I give for my reasoning. All three persons of the Trinity are called God in scripture. And again, one Lord doesnít mean only one person is Lord. And God doesnít talk to himself as different character roles. That is not even close to common sense, much less a biblical teaching.

Doug
      Dare to be Gracious

Comment

You present no scripture, or even lexical evidence in support of your response, and you do not even try to refute or falsify the biblical and lexical evidence that I give for my reasoning. All three persons of the Trinity are called God in scripture. And again, one Lord doesnít mean only one person is Lord. And God doesnít talk to himself as different character roles. That is not even close to common sense, much less a biblical teaching.

Doug
        God has roles because the Logos was made flesh for the benefit of humanity to be part of the God family as spiritual sons and daughters with Jesus being "the first born from the dead." God did not become another person but God took on the form of a human servant thus God was in two roles of himself.

Simple to understand is it not?

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhDay View Post

God has roles because the Logos was made flesh for the benefit of humanity to be part of the God family as spiritual sons and daughters with Jesus being "the first born from the dead." God did not become another person but God took on the form of a human servant thus God was in two roles of himself.

Simple to understand is it not?

God bless you,

SeventhDay
          Again, you haven't dealt with the evidence, nor explained the obvious scriptural statements that place the Father and Son in the same circumstance acting independently of one another. God becoming flesh is much easier, or should I say more simply, explained and understood as two distinct individuals, but you refuse to acknowledge the simple facts of reality, such as Jesus praying to the Father who was in heaven. If there is but one actual person, then Jesus is lying by saying the the Father is in heaven, and he is merely talking to himself, asking "not my will but mine be done"; is is a preposterous and laughable thing to believe such a thing.

Doug
          Dare to be Gracious

Comment

Again, you haven't dealt with the evidence, nor explained the obvious scriptural statements that place the Father and Son in the same circumstance acting independently of one another. God becoming flesh is much easier, or should I say more simply, explained and understood as two distinct individuals, but you refuse to acknowledge the simple facts of reality, such as Jesus praying to the Father who was in heaven. If there is but one actual person, then Jesus is lying by saying the the Father is in heaven, and he is merely talking to himself, asking "not my will but mine be done"; is is a preposterous and laughable thing to believe such a thing.

Doug
            Doug, I had to move this discussion to the Trinity forum because SeventhDay said he can't post on this forum. It has the same thread title on the Trinity forum.

Holly
            Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heartís desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation. 2 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. 3 For not knowing about Godís righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Comment

Originally posted by HollyWood View Post

Doug, I had to move this discussion to the Trinity forum because SeventhDay said he can't post on this forum. It has the same thread title on the Trinity forum.

Holly
              Okay...see you there!

Doug
              Dare to be Gracious

Comment

Doug
                Can not discuss this with you on this forum.

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

Working...
                X