Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The verse(s) in the Bible that oneness and trins cannot confront literally.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh I see now.
    The 2nd person of the Godhead thought it not robbery to be equal with the 1st and 3rd persons in the Godhead.
    But I thought the RCC teaches you guys they are all co-equal???
    Jesus thinking it not robbery to be equal means Jesus thought they were equal. No problem here. Double negatives can be hard to understand sometimes.
    Thinking something is not means thinking something is?

Interesting.

First "heavenly mathematics", now "heavenly vocabulary"?

Comment

• I need you or someone to describe the essence of the "man part" of a Spirit God.
      There is no man part of a Spirit God. Stop confusing yourself.
      Jesus even failed to describe it in John 4:24, by saying "God is a Spirit".
      Jesus must need clarification by our scholars.
      No, you just confused yourself.
      You said Jesus was both God and man...there is a man part of God.

Please don't go blank on me, but explain this phenomenon of God?

Comment

• Got it, so the 2nd person Is a Divine Spirit with an additional human spirit.
        Closer, but we still do not define spirit as being equivalent to person. There is one Divine Spirit; the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are three persons who share the same Divine Spirit. The 2nd person of the Trinity has two spirits: one divine one human.

Did the 2nd person have a split spirit or 2 individual spirits?

Comment

• That human spirit of the 2nd person had a separate will too.
          Close, but we still do not define spirit as being equivalent to person. A human spirit doesn't have a will. A human person has a spirit and a will. That human spirit didn't have a separate will. Jesus had two natures. His human nature includes a separate human spirit and a separate human will too.
          You just describe split personality.

One person with 2 opposing wills.

Scary stuff.

I wonder if the 2nd will of Jesus every fully submits to the first will of Jesus?

What do you think?

Comment

• What other person gave him his power since he admitted he had none?
            ]Why are you saying he had none? I[ believed Christ Jesus: who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, but that doesn't mean he didn't have any power. It just means He wasn't using his power while living as a human on earth.

I did not say he had none...Jesus himself said it.....

30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

So, the powerless son of God admits he was personally powerless here.

I believe him, dont you?

Comment

• You are describing a 2nd person with a split personality, instead of a 4th human person.
              Two reasons:
              1. Jesus is both man and God. Therefore, there isn't a 4th person.
              2. I am not describing a 2nd person with a split personality. I am describing a person with two natures.
              I see now, a person diagnosed with multiple personalities really has multiple natures in them.

Cool.

Comment

• God is body, soul and spirit?
                Nope. You can't interact with figurative language; can you? Jesus is not a door, is he? Scripture, like the rest of human literature, uses figurative language to express things which can't or can't easily be describe literally. Genesis 1:27 communicates to us that there is something special about the creation of humans as opposed to the rest of the created order. We have been created with some aspect that parallels an aspect of God. Most today connect it to the idea of conciseness. God is logical; so, man is logical. God knows, understands, loves; man knows in part, understands in part, loves in part. That's what it means to be created in the image of God. It doesn't mean we share every aspect of God; just some to a limited extent.

BTW, reading figurine language figuratively is reading it literally. To read the text literally is to read it as it has been presented; fugitive language and all.
                That question is exactly what preterist's ask me as they redefine scripture.

I does not make sense to them, so it is symbolic of something else....God speak's words as a "figure of speech" etc.

Are you a preterist too?

Comment

• Another dot..........
                  8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
                  Another pretend dot that doesn't paint what Truther pretends it paints.
                  I see, so this is what receiving the Holy Ghost does?.....

But ye shall NOT receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truther View Post
                    Okay, so when did Jesus get his glory back that was obviously removed at some time?
                    Jesus' glory was returned after the resurrection. When will you admit that Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?
                    Admission to a "glory-less God" doctrine.
                    The 2nd person was stripped of his glory for a long time.
                    Trippy stuff.
                    An admission that Truther refuses to admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?

No, you just confused yourself.
                    You said Jesus was both God and man...there is a man part of God.
                    Yes, Jesus is both God and man. No, there is no man part of God. Stop confusing yourself.

Got it, so the 2nd person Is a Divine Spirit with an additional human spirit.
                    Closer, but we still do not define spirit as being equivalent to person. There is one Divine Spirit; the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are three persons who share the same Divine Spirit. The 2nd person of the Trinity has two spirits: one divine one human.
                    Did the 2nd person have a split spirit or 2 individual spirits?
                    The 2nd person has two spirits, one divine one human.

That human spirit of the 2nd person had a separate will too.
                    Close, but we still do not define spirit as being equivalent to person. A human spirit doesn't have a will. A human person has a spirit and a will. That human spirit didn't have a separate will. Jesus had two natures. His human nature includes a separate human spirit and a separate human will too.
                    You just describe split personality.
                    Not even close: one person, two natures.

One person with 2 opposing wills.
                    You have no reason to jump to this conclusion. Stop confusing yourself.

Scary stuff.
                    I wonder if the 2nd will of Jesus every fully submits to the first will of Jesus?
                    What do you think?
                    Why would you think the wills are ever opposing? The human will has always been submitted to the divine will.

What other person gave him his power since he admitted he had none?
                    Why are you saying he had none? I[ believed Christ Jesus: who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, but that doesn't mean he didn't have any power. It just means He wasn't using his power while living as a human on earth.
                    I did not say he had none...Jesus himself said it.....
                    30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
                    I believe him, dont you?
                    Not even close. How can you be this bad at reading? Jesus even explains why he can to nothing of himself in the verse you quoted: "because I seek not mine own will." Jesus didn't say I can do nothing because I am powerless. Read better.

You are describing a 2nd person with a split personality, instead of a 4th human person.
                    Two reasons:
                    1. Jesus is both man and God. Therefore, there isn't a 4th person.
                    2. I am not describing a 2nd person with a split personality. I am describing a person with two natures.
                    I see now, a person diagnosed with multiple personalities really has multiple natures in them.
                    Cool.
                    No, you just like to remain ignorant and assert obvious falsehood from the roof tops.

God is body, soul and spirit?
                    Nope. You can't interact with figurative language; can you? Jesus is not a door, is he? Scripture, like the rest of human literature, uses figurative language to express things which can't or can't easily be describe literally. Genesis 1:27 communicates to us that there is something special about the creation of humans as opposed to the rest of the created order. We have been created with some aspect that parallels an aspect of God. Most today connect it to the idea of conciseness. God is logical; so, man is logical. God knows, understands, loves; man knows in part, understands in part, loves in part. That's what it means to be created in the image of God. It doesn't mean we share every aspect of God; just some to a limited extent.

BTW, reading figurine language figuratively is reading it literally. To read the text literally is to read it as it has been presented; fugitive language and all.
                    That question is exactly what preterist's ask me as they redefine scripture.
                    I does not make sense to them, so it is symbolic of something else....God speak's words as a "figure of speech" etc.
                    Are you a preterist too?
                    If you deny the existence of figurative language in Scripture, then you are refusing to read Scripture. I can't help willful rebellion against God's Word.

Another pretend dot that doesn't paint what Truther pretends it paints.
                    I see, so this is what receiving the Holy Ghost does?.....
                    But ye shall NOT receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
                    No, this is you abusing Scripture while refusing to admit to your sin.

God Bless

Comment

• Admission to a "glory-less God" doctrine.
                      The 2nd person was stripped of his glory for a long time.
                      Trippy stuff.
                      An admission that Truther refuses to admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?
                      Why was Jesus' glory reinstated?

Comment

• You said Jesus was both God and man...there is a man part of God.
                        Yes, Jesus is both God and man. No, there is no man part of God. Stop confusing yourself.
                        How can God "become" something and it not be part of Him?

Comment

• You just describe split personality.
                          Not even close: one person, two natures.
                          Is your quote Biblical?

Is it even logical?

Can a person have 2 natures built in(1 divine and 1 human,) other than an external divine nature going into a human?

Comment

• One person with 2 opposing wills.
                            You have no reason to jump to this conclusion. Stop confusing yourself.
                            Scary stuff.
                            What do you think?
                            Why would you think the wills are ever opposing? The human will has always been submitted to the divine will.

42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

Now this is what I call a resistance movement by one will eventually submitting to the opposing will.

Comment

• I did not say he had none...Jesus himself said it.....
                              I believe him, dont you?
                              Not even close. How can you be this bad at reading? Jesus even explains why he can to nothing of himself in the verse you quoted: "because I seek not mine own will." Jesus didn't say I can do nothing because I am powerless. Read better.
                              2 things....

You admitted Jesus had a will he had to submit to the will of another. Submissions mean potential to differ.

Also, you admitted Jesus had no personal power.

Comment

• I see now, a person diagnosed with multiple personalities really has multiple natures in them.
                                Cool.
                                No, you just like to remain ignorant and assert obvious falsehood from the roof tops.
                                Funny, we become full of the Holy Ghost and per Peter, we are given God's divine nature(which accompanies our human nature).

You say the son of God took on a human nature.

Question, why do Christians get a divine nature but God gets a human nature?

We take a big step up but God takes a massive step down?

Comment

Working...
                                X