Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The verse(s) in the Bible that oneness and trins cannot confront literally.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see, so this is what receiving the Holy Ghost does?.....
    But ye shall NOT receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
    No, this is you abusing Scripture while refusing to admit to your sin.
    Christians receive power after the Holy Ghost comes.

Why not Jesus, who was full of the Holy Ghost too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Truther View Post
      Admission to a "glory-less God" doctrine.
      The 2nd person was stripped of his glory for a long time.
      Trippy stuff.
      An admission that Truther refuses to admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?
      Why was Jesus' glory reinstated?
      Jesus' time on earth came to an end. Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?

You said Jesus was both God and man...there is a man part of God.
      Yes, Jesus is both God and man. No, there is no man part of God. Stop confusing yourself.
      How can God "become" something and it not be part of Him?
      God did not become something as you just said. The second person didn't change his nature; the second person added to himself a second nature.

You just describe split personality.
      Not even close: one person, two natures.
      Is your quote Biblical?
      What quote?

Is it even logical?
      Yes, why are you confusing yourself?

Can a person have 2 natures built in(1 divine and 1 human,) other than an external divine nature going into a human?
      Did I say "built in"? Nope. This is you confusing yourself. Stop confusing yourself. Why do you think common sense questions about humanity apply to God and the incarnation? Such obviously doesn't apply.

Why would you think the wills are ever opposing? The human will has always been submitted to the divine will.
      42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
      43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
      44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
      Now this is what I call a resistance movement by one will eventually submitting to the opposing will.
      And, you would be wrong in this assessment. This is one admitting to the conflicting desires in his human will and submitting that will to the Father.

I did not say he had none...Jesus himself said it.....
      30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
      So, the powerless son of God admits he was personally powerless here.
      I believe him, dont you?
      Not even close. How can you be this bad at reading? Jesus even explains why he can to nothing of himself in the verse you quoted: "because I seek not mine own will." Jesus didn't say I can do nothing because I am powerless. Read better.
      2 things....
      You admitted Jesus had a will he had to submit to the will of another. Submissions mean potential to differ.
      Also, you admitted Jesus had no personal power.
      Yes, Jesus had a human will, and he had to submit to the will of the Father.
      Yes, Submissions mean potential to differ. I don't know why this matters because Jesus didn't differ.
      No, I didn't admit that Jesus had no personal power. I said he didn't use his power. Jesus seeks to do the will of the Father and allows the Spirit to act on his behalf.

I see now, a person diagnosed with multiple personalities really has multiple natures in them.
      Cool.
      No, you just like to remain ignorant and assert obvious falsehood from the roof tops.
      Funny, we become full of the Holy Ghost and per Peter, we are given God's divine nature(which accompanies our human nature).
      You say the son of God took on a human nature.
      Question, why do Christians get a divine nature but God gets a human nature?
      We take a big step up but God takes a massive step down?
      Yes, we take a big step up and Jesus takes a massive step down: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

I see, so this is what receiving the Holy Ghost does?.....
      But ye shall NOT receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
      No, this is you abusing Scripture while refusing to admit to your sin.
      I never said Jesus didn't receive power from the Holy Ghost. Stop assuming things.

God Bless

Comment

• Why was Jesus' glory reinstated?
        Jesus' time on earth came to an end. Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?
        Let me reword my question these ways.

HOW did Jesus lose glory?

Can God lose glory?

Can God be re-glorified after losing glory?

Comment

• How can God "become" something and it not be part of Him?
          God did not become something as you just said. The second person didn't change his nature; the second person added to himself a second nature.
          Wait.

You said the word is God.

You said the word became flesh.

That is God becoming something that is part of Him, right?

Do you really mean that the word, which is God, became a nature?

Comment

• Not even close: one person, two natures.
            Is your quote Biblical?
            What quote?
            The one in red.

Comment

• Can a person have 2 natures built in(1 divine and 1 human,) other than an external divine nature going into a human?
              Did I say "built in"? Nope. This is you confusing yourself. Stop confusing yourself. Why do you think common sense questions about humanity apply to God and the incarnation? Such obviously doesn't apply.
              If God's human nature is not "built in" to Him, then does it merely dangle on he edge of Him?

Comment

• 42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
                44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

Now this is what I call a resistance movement by one will eventually submitting to the opposing will.
                And, you would be wrong in this assessment. This is one admitting to the conflicting desires in his human will and submitting that will to the Father.
                You mean that Jesus had a conflicting will too?

Did he will to do something, then will to not do it?

He figured out his best will, then lined it up with God's will?

Hmmm.

Comment

• 2 things....
                  You admitted Jesus had a will he had to submit to the will of another. Submissions mean potential to differ.
                  Yes, Submissions mean potential to differ. I don't know why this matters because Jesus didn't differ.
                  No, I didn't admit that Jesus had no personal power. I said he didn't use his power. Jesus seeks to do the will of the Father and allows the Spirit to act on his behalf.
                  What makes you think Jesus borrowed his Father power, then saved his own?

Is this really what Jesus meant here?...

30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Of his own self, do nothing, means refrain from work?

Doesn't it tell us, "I personally, cannot do anything"?

Comment

• Funny, we become full of the Holy Ghost and per Peter, we are given God's divine nature(which accompanies our human nature).
                    Yes, we take a big step up and Jesus takes a massive step down: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
                    You mean, "when man beat God, right"?

Comment

• Christians receive power after the Holy Ghost comes.
                      I never said Jesus didn't receive power from the Holy Ghost. Stop assuming things.
                      Wait, I did not know you thought there is a possibility that the power he always had could be added to.

Super charged?

Like us when we get a Starbucks when we tire out?

Comment

• On earth....

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

After resurrecting......

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Comment

2 things....

Also notice very carefully in the verse, his opposing, own will.

Comment

Why was Jesus' glory reinstated?
                            Let me reword my question these ways.
                            HOW did Jesus lose glory?
                            He set it aside. Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?

Can God lose glory?
                            The Second person of the Trinity can set it aside as to live as a man. Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?

Can God be re-glorified after losing glory?
                            The Second person of the Trinity can pick it up again. Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?

I've answered your endless line of questions: why won't you answer mine? Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?

How can God "become" something and it not be part of Him?
                            Wait.
                            You said the word is God.
                            You said the word became flesh.
                            That is God becoming something that is part of Him, right?
                            Do you really mean that the word, which is God, became a nature?
                            Nope. John in Scripture says the Word was God and the Word became flesh. That is not God becoming something that is part of Him. Stop confusing yourself. No, I don't mean the word, which is God, became a nature. Stop confusing yourself.

The phrase "the Word was God" defines the eternal being of the Word. The phrase "the Word became flesh" describes an occurrence in time where the Word, the second person of the Trinity, took up a second nature as to live as a human. God, aka the Father, is not being referenced in either statement. You really need to stop equivocating.

Not even close: one person, two natures.
                            Is your quote Biblical?
                            What quote?
                            The one in red.
                            It's not a quote. I'm not quoting anyone. My statement is biblical to the extent that Scripture describes one person: Jesus, the second person of the Trinity, as having two natures. Of course, Scripture doesn't have to use the exact same words to communicate the same thing.

Can a person have 2 natures built in(1 divine and 1 human,) other than an external divine nature going into a human?
                            If God's human nature is not "built in" to Him, then does it merely dangle on he edge of Him?
                            This dichotomy doesn't apply to the situation.

42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
                            You mean that Jesus had a conflicting will too?
                            I have no idea what you are talking about. Stop confusing yourself.

2 things....
                            I don't; stop putting words in my mouth.

Only when you refuse to read the rest of the verse.

On earth....
                            After resurrecting......
                            18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
                            Still refusing to read the second half of John 5:30 I see.

How on earth can one look at the words "I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father" and see opposing wills? Talk about being blind as a bad.

Funny, we become full of the Holy Ghost and per Peter, we are given God's divine nature(which accompanies our human nature).
                            Yes, we take a big step up and Jesus takes a massive step down: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.
                            You mean, "when man beat God, right"?
                            Nope: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.

Wait, I did not know you thought there is a possibility that the power he always had could be added to.
                            Super charged?
                            Like us when we get a Starbucks when we tire out?
                            Empty mocking designed to hide Truther's true ignorance.

God Bless

Comment

I haven't come accross anyone in CARM Who in reality knows Who The Son is and what the title 'Son' means in perspective of the good news. It's not a surprise to me that Christendom doesn't know the true gospel and what relevance has 'The Son' to the gospel. Christendom is divided over doctrines because the gospel is not relevant to them as I see it very clearly since I came out of mystery Babylon.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyfortruth View Post

I haven't come accross anyone in CARM Who in reality knows Who The Son is and what the title 'Son' means in perspective of the good news. It's not a surprise to me that Christendom doesn't know the true gospel and what relevance has 'The Son' to the gospel. Christendom is divided over doctrines because the gospel is not relevant to them as I see it very clearly since I came out of mystery Babylon.

The son of God is simply God's biological son.

It is amazing to see Christians deviate from it, thinking it is an "eternal son".

Some folks will believe anything unscriptural.

Comment

Working...
                                X