Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The verse(s) in the Bible that oneness and trins cannot confront literally.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me reword my question these ways.
    HOW did Jesus lose glory?
    He set it aside. Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?
    The 2nd person of the Godhead set it aside?

Where in heaven did he set it?

Don't you mean he de-glorified Himself. AKA, God was un-glorified?

Comment

• Can God lose glory?
      The Second person of the Trinity can set it aside as to live as a man. Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?
      So, you are saying God lived a man's life?

God was human?

God is humanity?

That is new age, fella?

And all this time I thought Jesus in John 14 said that God was inside him, doing and speaking THROUGH him.

Trin curve ball hit out of the park by Truther.

Comment

• Can God be re-glorified after losing glory?
        The Second person of the Trinity can pick it up again. Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?
        I see, the 2nd person of God put his glory in heaven's drawer, then went to retrieve it after he was done being humiliated by mankind and devils.

I've answered your endless line of questions: why won't you answer mine? Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?
        You forgot already?

Jesus' glory was the glory of the slain lamb at the foundation of the world (Rev 13:8).

And all this time you thought God could not see the future event of the lamb of God.

Thank Truther profusely for showing you this fact.

Comment

• Wait.
          You said the word is God.
          You said the word became flesh.
          That is God becoming something that is part of Him, right?
          Do you really mean that the word, which is God, became a nature?
          Nope. John in Scripture says the Word was God and the Word became flesh. That is not God becoming something that is part of Him. Stop confusing yourself. No, I don't mean the word, which is God, became a nature. Stop confusing yourself.

The phrase "the Word was God" defines the eternal being of the Word. The phrase "the Word became flesh" describes an occurrence in time where the Word, the second person of the Trinity, took up a second nature as to live as a human. God, aka the Father, is not being referenced in either statement. You really need to stop equivocating.
          So, where does all this "human nature of God" hubub originate?

"God took on a human nature"???

Not just flesh?

So, now you believe God took on flesh, spirit, soul and human nature?

Comment

• The one in red.
            It's not a quote. I'm not quoting anyone. My statement is biblical to the extent that Scripture describes one person: Jesus, the second person of the Trinity, as having two natures. Of course, Scripture doesn't have to use the exact same words to communicate the same thing.
            I quoted you...been quoting you for months now.

Comment

• If God's human nature is not "built in" to Him, then does it merely dangle on he edge of Him?
              This dichotomy doesn't apply to the situation.
              Please elaborate on a Spirit God's human nature?

Like, where does it connect to the Spirit, does it have human strengths/weaknesses, etc?

Comment

• You mean that Jesus had a conflicting will too?
                I have no idea what you are talking about. Stop confusing yourself.
                Then why did Jesus say, "nevertheless, not my will but thine be done" if they were in perfect agreement?

42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Comment

• Yes, Jesus had a human will, and he had to submit to the will of the Father.
                  Yes, Submissions mean potential to differ. I don't know why this matters because Jesus didn't differ.
                  So, the 2nd person of the Godhead had 2 opposing wills, which his human will had to submit to the 1st person of the trinity's will?

Do you actually teach that?

No, I didn't admit that Jesus had no personal power. I said he didn't use his power. Jesus seeks to do the will of the Father and allows the Spirit to act on his behalf.
                  You just debunked Jesus....

19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

I bet you think this....

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Really means this....

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power THAT I ALREADY HAD is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Comment

• You mean, "when man beat God, right"?
                    Nope: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.
                    Which person or persons of the Godhead gave the 2nd person of the Godhead?

Isn't the 2nd person God too?

God the Son so loved the world that He gave His only begotten self?

Or, did he draw the short straw and the other 2 gave Him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Truther View Post

The son of God is simply God's biological son.

It is amazing to see Christians deviate from it, thinking it is an "eternal son".

Some folks will believe anything unscriptural.
                      One of grave errors you make The Son as 'biological Son of El'. Elohym doesn't procreate like humans do. He is The Son by the decree.

You like others never understand The Law because of which men are in enmity with YHWH Elohym. I will give you a clue from John 1:14 - He Tabernacled in our midst. Tabernacle was the pattern given to Moses which is the shadow of heavenly. The Tabernacle had a veil separating the Most Holy dwelling Place of YHWH. The veil is His flesh as Apostle Paul teaches. At times Messiah said He is greater than the Temple (eathly) and also He said destroy this Temple and I will raise it up.

In Rev 21:3

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the Tabernacle of Elohym (YHWH) is wiith men, and he will tabernacle with them, and they shall be his people, and Elohym (YHWH) himself shall be with them, **\i and be} their ELOHIYM.

There are two perspectives we must see in scriptures : 1. Messiah is the Tabernacle of YHWH. 2. YHWH Himself came/will come in His Tabernacle made without hands.

When I say without hands there is no human agency involved. Messiah is not a biological son of Joseph and Mary but only came through the genealogy of Abraham to fulfill scriptures.

Any other nonsense you learnt from other men will lead to damnation. You are a branch of Christianity and you speak as if Christians are different from you. Christendom is a divided kingdom that has nothing to do with what YHWH taught to Israel on both sides of OT and NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyfortruth View Post

One of grave errors you make The Son as 'biological Son of El'. Elohym doesn't procreate like humans do. He is The Son by the decree.

You like others never understand The Law because of which men are in enmity with YHWH Elohym. I will give you a clue from John 1:14 - He Tabernacled in our midst. Tabernacle was the pattern given to Moses which is the shadow of heavenly. The Tabernacle had a veil separating the Most Holy dwelling Place of YHWH. The veil is His flesh as Apostle Paul teaches. At times Messiah said He is greater than the Temple (eathly) and also He said destroy this Temple and I will raise it up.

In Rev 21:3

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the Tabernacle of Elohym (YHWH) is wiith men, and he will tabernacle with them, and they shall be his people, and Elohym (YHWH) himself shall be with them, **\i and be} their ELOHIYM.

There are two perspectives we must see in scriptures : 1. Messiah is the Tabernacle of YHWH. 2. YHWH Himself came/will come in His Tabernacle made without hands.

When I say without hands there is no human agency involved. Messiah is not a biological son of Joseph and Mary but only came through the genealogy of Abraham to fulfill scriptures.

Any other nonsense you learnt from other men will lead to damnation. You are a branch of Christianity and you speak as if Christians are different from you. Christendom is a divided kingdom that has nothing to do with what YHWH taught to Israel on both sides of OT and NT.
                        Begotten by decree now?

Oh boy

Comment

Let me reword my question these ways.
                          HOW did Jesus lose glory?
                          He set it aside. Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?

The 2nd person of the Godhead set it aside?
                          You should learn how figure of speeches work.

Can God lose glory?
                          The Second person of the Trinity can set it aside as to live as a man. Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?
                          So, you are saying God lived a man's life?
                          The second person of the Trinity lived a man's life. Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?

God was human?
                          The second person of the Trinity was human. Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?

God is humanity?
                          That is new age, fella?
                          Nope, this is you expressing your ignorance. Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?

And all this time I thought Jesus in John 14 said that God was inside him, doing and speaking THROUGH him.
                          Trin curve ball hit out of the park by Truther.
                          How can you be this ignorant? Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?

Can God be re-glorified after losing glory?
                          The Second person of the Trinity can pick it up again. Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?
                          I see, the 2nd person of God put his glory in heaven's drawer, then went to retrieve it after he was done being humiliated by mankind and devils.
                          I've answered your endless line of questions: why won't you answer mine? Why won't you admit that Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was?
                          You forgot already?
                          Jesus' glory was the glory of the slain lamb at the foundation of the world (Rev 13:8).
                          If you want to lie to yourself, have fun. Scripture teaches Jesus actually existed and shared glory with the Father before the world was.

Nope. John in Scripture says the Word was God and the Word became flesh. That is not God becoming something that is part of Him. Stop confusing yourself. No, I don't mean the word, which is God, became a nature. Stop confusing yourself.

The phrase
                          "the Word was God" defines the eternal being of the Word. The phrase "the Word became flesh" describes an occurrence in time where the Word, the second person of the Trinity, took up a second nature as to live as a human. God, aka the Father, is not being referenced in either statement. You really need to stop equivocating.
                          So, where does all this "human nature of God" hubub originate?
                          "God took on a human nature"???
                          Not just flesh?
                          So, now you believe God took on flesh, spirit, soul and human nature?
                          Philippians 2. Do you want to embarrass yourself by ignoring Scripture again?

If God's human nature is not "built in" to Him, then does it merely dangle on he edge of Him?
                          This dichotomy doesn't apply to the situation.
                          Please elaborate on a Spirit God's human nature?
                          Given your constant refusal to listen to my explanations, I just let you guess while I say yes or no.

Not our position.

Like, where does it connect to the Spirit, does it have human strengths/weaknesses, etc?
                          Not our position.

You mean that Jesus had a conflicting will too?
                          I have no idea what you are talking about. Stop confusing yourself.
                          Then why did Jesus say, "nevertheless, not my will but thine be done" if they were in perfect agreement?
                          42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done
                          There is nothing in this verse to teach Jesus had a conflicting will.

No, I didn't admit that Jesus had no personal power. I said he didn't use his power. Jesus seeks to do the will of the Father and allows the Spirit to act on his behalf.
                          You just debunked Jesus....
                          19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
                          10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
                          I bet you think this....
                          18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
                          Really means this....
                          18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power THAT I ALREADY HAD is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
                          Nope, you just confused yourself. I rejecting your understanding of Jesus.

You mean, "when man beat God, right"?
                          Nope: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.
                          Which person or persons of the Godhead gave the 2nd person of the Godhead?
                          The First obviously gave the Second. When are you going to start answering these kindergartner questions for yourself?

Isn't the 2nd person God too?
                          Yes.

God the Son so loved the world that He gave His only begotten self?
                          The Transitive property doesn't always apply. Perhaps you should learn some basic logic.

God Bless.

Comment

Begotten by decree now?

Oh boy
                            You simply don't know Who He is because you don't understand Turah/Law just as the whole Christendom is.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyfortruth View Post

You simply don't know Who He is because you don't understand Turah/Law just as the whole Christendom is.
                              Do you believe Jesus is God?

Comment

• The 2nd person of the Godhead set it aside?
                                You should learn how figure of speeches work.
                                Exactly...your doctrine is based on a figure of speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X