Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The verse(s) in the Bible that oneness and trins cannot confront literally.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The verse(s) in the Bible that oneness and trins cannot confront literally.

I have sought my Christian friends in both camps to give me a simple explanation of the following verses.

They all disappoint me with their answers.

Jesus, from his first mention of having a God in the O.T.(Psalm 22 etc.), to Rev 3:12, is attacked by Christians(inadvertently), and misrepresented continuously.

Why do we do this to him?

Why don't we let Jesus have his God?

Can't Jesus have his God and still be God to us?

You bet he can....it is called the Col 2:9 effect of the last Adam(Jesus Christ), after he resurrected.

Fact is, Jesus Christ was made a quickening spirit after he was resurrected by his God, then fully indwelled of every bit of what his God consists of.

This caused Jesus Christ to become omnipresent and the very temple of his God.

Now his God does everything from within His quickening spirit son.

His God is not a fraction of an inch outside him, but all of his God is inside him.

Your comments or questions are welcome here.

Revelation 3:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

This is spoken by Jesus Christ after Jesus Christ had been in heaven for decades.

He still has a God as he spoke of during his earthly life.

Why can't Christians make this verse the foundational verse of their Godhead doctrine?

Why do Christians turn to creeds that cause debates and never get solved?

Why did Jesus/John explain to the 7 churches that Jesus has a God, 4 times in a single verse?

Last edited by Truther; 02-24-19, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Ephesians 1:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Paul also consistently spoke of the God of their Lord Jesus to the 1st century church.

Why don't we address this in our churches or behind pulpits like Paul did?

Are we really lined up with Paul, John and Jesus Christ?

I think not.

Who will have the courage among us to begin to address Jesus like they did?

Comment

This verse is clearly stating that Jesus Christ in heaven, has a God.....

17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

The trinitarian thinks it is "technically" saying this.....

17 That the God of THE FLESH OF THE 2ND PERSON, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

And oneness "technically" thinks it is saying this.....

17 That the God of THE FLESH OF HIMSELF, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Can't these 2 groups see that they are denying the wording of their very own Bibles?

Can't they see that they are defending a doctrine taught by the RCC called "hypostatic union", then argue endlessly over variances of this doctrine?

Most Christians are duping themselves, and would have been kicked out of the 1st century church for such a teaching.

As a challenge, I dare any one of you to begin to address your freinds and loved ones at the church with the quoted verse above.

I guarantee you will see your fellow church brethren gasp with bewilderment.

Let's all start saying "the God of our Lord Jesus Christ", on a regular basis, okay?

Comment

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Did you know that the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ, you and I, share the same God?

God is all of we believers' God, including Jesus Christ, right?

No?

Why not?

Comment

Does God have a God?

Or, does the son of God, which is fully indwelled of every bit of his God, have a God?

If every bit of someone's God was inside the spirit body of that someone, doing all acts from within that someone, wouldn't that someone be God by default?

Now, can we see these verses begin to make sense?

Comment

Jesus = God that came to earth as man=== Philippians 2:5-8
              Christ Jesus,
              6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
              7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.
              8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

Comment

Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
                Jesus = God that came to earth as man=== Philippians 2:5-8
                Christ Jesus,
                6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
                7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.
                8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.
                Now post it in the KJV and see what it says. Carefully notice “made in the likeness of “ has been eliminated per verse 7.

Now, please explain the OP verses I posted in your opinion. Thanks.

Comment

There should be nothing in this scripture that is hard to understand!!!====J
                  esus = God that came to earth as man=== Philippians 2:5-8
                  Christ Jesus,

Comment

Originally posted by Truther View Post
                    I have sought my Christian friends in both camps to give me a simple explanation of the following verses.

They all disappoint me with their answers.

Jesus, from his first mention of having a God in the O.T.(Psalm 22 etc.), to Rev 3:12, is attacked by Christians(inadvertently), and misrepresented continuously.

Why do we do this to him?

Why don't we let Jesus have his God?

Can't Jesus have his God and still be God to us?

You bet he can....it is called the Col 2:9 effect of the last Adam(Jesus Christ), after he resurrected.

Fact is, Jesus Christ was made a quickening spirit after he was resurrected by his God, then fully indwelled of every bit of what his God consists of.

This caused Jesus Christ to become omnipresent and the very temple of his God.

Now his God does everything from within His quickening spirit son.

His God is not a fraction of an inch outside him, but all of his God is inside him.

Your comments or questions are welcome here.
                    The Word was God....the Word is the pre-incarnate Christ Jesus. Jesus obtained a human nature never giving up His Divine nature.
                    GISMY correctly pointed out that Phl 2 also presents Jesus as God....then became a servant.

Jesus' role during the incarnation was to obey the Father and do His will. Which He did. In this role of servant Jesus would call the Father God. I have no problem with Jesus addressing the Father as His God.

There never was a time going back eternally or forward eternally that Jesus wasn't God.

Comment

Christ Jesus,

Paul just explain this a bit more than John did in John 1:14....The Word became flesh.

As you said, it's not hard to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post

The Word was God....the Word is the pre-incarnate Christ Jesus. Jesus obtained a human nature never giving up His Divine nature.
                        GISMY correctly pointed out that Phl 2 also presents Jesus as God....then became a servant.

Jesus' role during the incarnation was to obey the Father and do His will. Which He did. In this role of servant Jesus would call the Father God. I have no problem with Jesus addressing the Father as His God.

There never was a time going back eternally or forward eternally that Jesus wasn't God.
                        Phil 2:7 says Jesus was made in the likeness of men, not became the likeness of men as his strange version said.

What at do you mean that Jesus was God in a role?

Was God acting like a human or became human to put on a human act?

Comment

The One True Almighty God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit =

The One True Almighty God====Yes!!! Jesus is God!!

Comment

Christ Jesus,
                            Your version is invented in a modern seminary. Look at verse 7 in the KJV and tell me if Jesus was made or “came as a man” per the KJV.

Anyone can can invent a modern version to fit their ideas.

Comment

The One True Almighty God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit =

The One True Almighty God====Yes!!! Jesus is God!!
                              Jesus is indeed God.

This is occurred after he was made a quickening spirit and all of the fullness of his God indwelled him bodily.

He he was then made bodily omnipresent to accommodate the entirety of his God.

Comment

Working...
                              X