Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Should I except Gay sisters offer to be roomates?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I except Gay sisters offer to be roomates?

My sister and her girl friend would like help with finances and want me to move in with my wife. My wife and I, are both devout Christians. We do not agree that their choices are in accordance to God's will. I have no issue excepting their differing views however, they are in the camp that God loves and therefore excepts their relationship. They feel God looks upon them with fondness. I know I should love the sinner and hate the sin, do I do so from a far or would God wish me to be a positive example. If this is badly worded, I apologize, just ask and Ill clarify.

Originally posted by Philipscot View Post
    My sister and her girl friend would like help with finances and want me to move in with my wife. My wife and I, are both devout Christians. We do not agree that their choices are in accordance to God's will. I have no issue excepting their differing views however, they are in the camp that God loves and therefore excepts their relationship. They feel God looks upon them with fondness. I know I should love the sinner and hate the sin, do I do so from a far or would God wish me to be a positive example. If this is badly worded, I apologize, just ask and Ill clarify.
    I think you mean 'accept'

As John Piper has said "accepting this is threatening all mankind." Accepting the sin of your daughter is an attack upon you whether you know it or not.

I'm not suggesting that we scream epithets at homosexuals, stop their employment or ridicule them. But the Bible is clear, they cannot inherit heaven. That alone should grieve you. Your love her is evident.

They don't need your money, they need your prayers as 1 Corinthians 6:11 states.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11English Standard Version (ESV)
    9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

This is from Romans 1:18-32

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

God bless.
    Last edited by Beloved Daughter; 10-16-17, 01:06 AM.
    It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flat…

Martin Luther The Bondage of the Will

Comment

Originally posted by Beloved Daughter View Post

I think you mean 'accept'

As John Piper has said "accepting this is threatening all mankind." Accepting the sin of your daughter is an attack upon you whether you know it or not.

I'm not suggesting that we scream epithets at homosexuals, stop their employment or ridicule them. But the Bible is clear, they cannot inherit heaven. That alone should grieve you. Your love her is evident.

They don't need your money, they need your prayers as 1 Corinthians 6:11 states.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11English Standard Version (ESV)
      9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

This is from Romans 1:18-32

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

God bless.
      Who cares about John Piper. Seems Calvinists are so obsessed with him that they can't speak for themselves, but keep quoting him as if he were God.

What does the bible say about not following a man?
      Learn to expect the impossible, expect the unusual, and expect the miraculous, because that is where God works.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansel07 View Post

Who cares about John Piper. Seems Calvinists are so obsessed with him that they can't speak for themselves, but keep quoting him as if he were God.

He cares about people who are engaging in serious sin. I never mentioned Calvinism and neither did he. If you don't want to listen to him, then don't. You had a choice.
        It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flat…

Comment

God Bless you and yours. Love her well. I'm sure you already do.

No other name, Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by Ansel07 View Post

Ansol07, please forgive me if I don't always sound loving in my answer. Must be because I was raised in a family of school teachers. It does concern me that some here do not want to debate, or talk, to ones they consider Calvinists, Most haven't actually studied what that is IMO Few people and believe the same in everything except for the Essentials of the Faith but thankfully one day we will all be one in understanding. Piper is a teacher no matter what his beliefs are called but the Bible is full of Scripture that tells us to join together (such as church) and to listen to teachers. Also to be like the Bereans and check what they say against God's word. They did that when the Apostles preached to them. All the Apostles were teachers and wrote Scripture as led by the Holy Spirit, Here is a small list of Scripture that tells us we should have in our church structure and we it is teachers, pastors.

The New Testament teaches that every believer is to be under the protection and nurture of the leadership of the local church. These godly men can shepherd the believer by encouraging, admonishing, and teaching. Hebrews 13:7
            Paul the Apostle was certainly a preacher.1 Timothy 4:13 "Until I come, give attention to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation and teaching.
            Acts 2:42 .""They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer."
            "And let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more, as you see the day drawing near" (Hebrews 10:24-25).
            Certainly any teacher/preacher should be treated as the Bereans and their teaching checked. Same goes for here in these forums. If someone tells you what the bible says..CHECK IT OUT. John Piper is no exception.

Beloved Daughter video was an excellent one that explained well. The people in the bakery that had baked, and sold, goods to everyone including gays were financially ruined because their Biblical beliefs did not allow catering to a wedding. It would show their approval by that or if they attended. Christians are told we will be in this world but not to be partners with anyone that ignores God's Word. If we cannot adhere to God's Word in these easier times we are going to be in deep trouble if we are in the situation that some were centuries ago and got their heads chopped off, burned at the stake, etc.

We can study all we want and say we only need to rely on the Holy Spirit in order to know everything. And of course, our own understanding.

But, just maybe we had better read Scripture and do as it says and go to church and listen to ....and check out by Scripture.....A PREACHER

Blessings to you Ansol07 and thank you for your patience in reading the post of an 82 yr. old that is going nuts trying to move over 1300 miles in a couple more days.

P.S. the last couple of years I have not agreed with some of John Pipers teaching. Note that is just some.! But he is a Godly man and God will straighten him out if he veers away to any false teachings. He also will protect us from any false teaching if we fully rely on him pray and search the Scriptures.

Romans 1:17, For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written:"The righteous will live by faith."

Comment

I might have a slightly different take on this issue due to my background. While I am straight I lead a horrible anti-Christian life until I was saved when I was 41. Prior to that I was about as bad as one can be. I never go into specifics because I would never want to glorify my past life. I will say that I was an addict/alcoholic who lived a criminal lifestyle. That does not really do justice to how far I had fallen. I know that once I was saved I wasn't "cured" overnight. I was blessed to find people who both supported me and did not judge me, neither did they ever say what I was doing was O.K.. Instead they prayed for me and taught me my true identity in Christ. It is only by knowing my true identity that I am able to walk in the light and show fruit.

I have been sober now for two and a half years (actually almost five years but I had one bad day so..) and I am starting a ministry. I live a spirit lead prayer filled life and I now have piece of mind I never thought possible.Am I good to go? I am good today, that is all I concern myself with. The rest I leave to God and I rest in Him. It is very easy to point out other people's "sin". I think that if your sister could witness daily a Christian couple and how you live that would help her much more than shunning her. I have witnessed firsthand someone who was living what is termed the "gay lifestyle" be changed by Jesus so I know it is possible. I have never seen anyone truly change by being shunned or mocked.

Jesus left us only two commands and one was to love one another. If your sister is to break away from the lifestyle she now lives it will be by your prayers and your example. I will also be praying for you, your wife and your sister. Do not give up on her, God is bigger and stronger than all our issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Philipscott
                Should I accept Gay sisters offer to be roommates?

Two things to consider:

1) Your conscience.

2) Whether or not their need of help with their finances is a function of poor stewardship.

If you move in with a good altruistic motive of fiscal support but your conscience isn't clear it won't work and may cause you dame spiritually and relationally. For example (and this is only one of many), do you see your moving in as an implicit endorsement of their lifestyle (in particular) or homosexuality (in general)?

If the problem is a lack of stewardship then you'll likely see that manifested in other areas of their lives. It's a matter of goals, boundaries, and expectations for self and others. Overly porous or nonexistent boundaries do not make for good roommates. You have Jesus and scripture; by what does your sister (and her girlfriend) measure her life? Anything in any way close to a standard you and your wife would have in common?

There's a third thing to consider but its rife with paradox: sex outside of marriage. When I work with Christians feeling the pull of same-sex attractions of even those who identify as homosexual they usually agree with the view that God's view condones sex only inside the marriage covenant and all other sexual relations are either fornication or adultery. That is being challenged now by laws permitting same-sex marriage. Is your sister legally married to her girlfriend? If not then what she's doing isn't love, it's exploitation. It's transactional, not covenantal. I doubt she'll see it that way but you might understand what I'm saying. If you do then go back to points 1 and 2: is your conscience clear moving in with two people having sex outside of marriage (whether homosexually or not), and do you see your moving in as an implicit endorsement?

Have you any children?

Addendum: My apologies. I didn't note the original date, so didn't realize the legacy nature of the op. Hope the information is still helpful or helpful to others.
                All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

“if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

Comment

The homosexual lifestyle is driven by evil spirits.

Dont invite evil spirits into your home.

Comment

Romans 14 is the guideline - i.e. Whatever you CAN DO IN FAITH - go ahead and do. If You CAN'T DO IT IN FAITH - then don't do it.

Simple as that. It doesn't sound like you have ANY FAITH in the matter at all, so you probably have your answer.

Comment

Now that the cotton candy ear ticklers have said their piece, let's see what God says on the subject of homosexuality. We must keep in mind that there is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end is destruction!

Prov 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
                      KJV

And, by the way, God's agape love, is His Word of Truth that is good for our souls growth, not pleasing everyone.

Is it something to accept, or is it a punishment from God that causes the family tree to be chopped down? You can not have any fruit of the womb, when there is no seed being planted in the womb-man(woman). No! bloodline from a man's seed rather it is by a gay man who has not the desire of woman(anti, and woman whom desire woman have refused man's seed to produce offspring for his bloodline. The Tree of the family's bloodline is being CHOPPED down by God because they refuse to receive Christ and acknowledge God, and they worship IMAGES and beasts(dogs) over God who created them!!!
                      Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
                      KJV
                      Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 12-28-17, 04:46 PM.
                      The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Comment

The Bible tells us to not be partakers of wickedness or hangout with them, or even bid them Godspeed.

Comment

Working...
                        X