Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Where is God?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God is in the heart of lovable, kindness, peace spreading, divine person. God available everywhere, but we can feel it only when our heart has a peace and our soul is spiritually pure
    PSG Vestments

Comment

God said He would make mankind His earthly tabernacles. Look inward, God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself. We are only Christ like when God is in us as Jesus accepts us, then God will be in us as He was in Jesus. Jesus said "I have given them the Glory which Thou gavest me." Is that what's missing ? The Glory of God in our lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Apostle View Post
        As the title suggests, I'm kind of struggling in my life ... I'm not really sure when this first started, as it seemed to come gradually, but it especially came on Friday when I was praying one afternoon. While I was praying, I just stopped and started to cry. Aside from feeling that my whole life is pointless and that I serve no purpose, I just don't know where God is. I don't even feel his presence when I pray, I just feel nothing at all. I'm not even sure if he'll ever answer my prayers either. I just don't see the point in praying anymore ... everything just always goes unanswered. I go to church every Sunday, I pray at night time before bed for a few minutes, and sometimes I pray in the mornings, and I usually read a chapter of the Bible every night. But as I've said, I don't feel that God is there listening, or that he will ever answer me ... it makes me feel like he's forsaken me. I've heard of testimonies of Christians who say they've received signs and revelations from God, and even spiritual gifts, but I haven't received anything at all. I've never had a conversion experience or testimony either, because I was raised as a Christian my whole life. Anyway, to cut this story short ... I'm just miserable, and I have no idea what to do. Can someone help me?
        Hi, Apostle. It sounds like you might be dealing with depression. Some of what you described such as feeling like life is pointless and crying a lot and feeling miserable frequently/most of the time, are symptoms of depression. It's always good to rely on God and prayer, but sometimes you have to realize that God made us to also need people and to seek help when we need it. Have you considered talking to your Pastor and seeing a therapist? It might help you get through this tough phase of your life.

Another thing. Many Christians go through times when it feels like God is silent or not there at all. Even if you were able to feel God's presence in the past, you must remember that Biblically, God is ALWAYS with us. God's presence is something that is there whether we can feel it or not. He is with us. It might help to read verses about and contemplate the God loves you. If God loves you, He will take care of you. You just have to trust in Him. But don't try to get through this on your own. Please see a professional because you might be depressed.
        "Just as a deer longs for running streams, God, I long for you. " - Psalm 42:1

Comment

Start each day by counting your blessings!! You could have cancer, you could be in a hospital thinking about will I ever get out a live, can I ever pay the bill? You could be homeless, with no food, nothing!!! Yes! Start each day thanking God and by trying (with God's help) to live a more pleasing life today to God than you lived yesterday!!

Comment

As the title suggests, I'm kind of struggling in my life ... I'm not really sure when this first started, as it seemed to come gradually, but it especially came on Friday when I was praying one afternoon. While I was praying, I just stopped and started to cry. Aside from feeling that my whole life is pointless and that I serve no purpose, I just don't know where God is. I don't even feel his presence when I pray, I just feel nothing at all. I'm not even sure if he'll ever answer my prayers either. I just don't see the point in praying anymore ... everything just always goes unanswered. I go to church every Sunday, I pray at night time before bed for a few minutes, and sometimes I pray in the mornings, and I usually read a chapter of the Bible every night. But as I've said, I don't feel that God is there listening, or that he will ever answer me ... it makes me feel like he's forsaken me. I've heard of testimonies of Christians who say they've received signs and revelations from God, and even spiritual gifts, but I haven't received anything at all. I've never had a conversion experience or testimony either, because I was raised as a Christian my whole life. Anyway, to cut this story short ... I'm just miserable, and I have no idea what to do. Can someone help me?
            My heart breaks for you, because we all have been there and must cross-over to the other side. That is called the dry place or desert to test you, where God is trying to get us to depend on Him and not man. Do not be found grumbling or complaining(repent Now if you have) but get up every morning and begin to thank God for the bed to make, the food, the air you breath, anything and everything that we take for granted, warm water for our shower, peace without bombs or terror in our living space that He has put us. But even thank Him for the trials we go through for they are the chastising of the Lord because He loves us and wants the best for us.

And most of all, don't seek material things, but seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness(His way of doing things) and all other things, that God already knows you need, Shall be ADDED unto you. Make God first in your life's decisions and works of your hands and He will make your life a heavenly place of peace and safety. God desires for us to seek inwardly work for our soul more than wealth and possessions, for carnal man runs after those things, neglecting their integrity or godly character. But the upright runs after the wisdom and Word of God to be rich inwardly, and the wealth and possessions follow after him.
            Another error that carnal thinkers do, but a child of God should NOT do is this:
            They seek attorneys, doctors, counselors of all sorts, of men, when in need of help, THEN as an after thought, they turn to God in prayer for Him to make those men do it. That is the wrong order!!!
            First foremost, take your problems and cares to God, casting the outcome unto Him, then, wait upon the Lord to bring the help from the man God chooses into your path.

God says that His Spirit is a gift, for the Spirit teaches us the higher ways of God, but He also heeds us to ASK for the Spirit to work in us. The work is not just blessings as in pouring out things that we think we need or want, but the work of the Spirit is to cut and burn away our old flesh man of it's ways of self centeredness that is keeping us in the dry, desert places in the DUST of the earth. So that He can bring wholeness and good blessings into our life, being life more abundantly.
            So, let the Spirit do the work in you and thank God for the valleys and the hills that you must pass THROUGH, not stay in, and soon you will be on more straight and level ground, and eventually God will raise you upon the mountain top with Him, and no more low valley desert dry places of feeling lost, abandoned and hopeless unloved, for you.

Jesus too was led of the Spirit in the desert to be tempted by the devil, yet he knew how to fight back with the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God, and showed us the example. The devil wants to separate you from God by making Him seem distant from you, in hopes you will return to Egypt where things LOOKED better. God allows this testing of our faith, But do not allow the devil to succeed to turn you from God or he will have won. Fight the good fight of faith, keep that Armor of GOD's on you Eph.6 at all times and don't let the devil get that foot hold on you to drag you down to dig up your old man who died with Christ.

Matt 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
            KJV

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?

12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?

13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
            KJV

Eph 6:10-18

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
            KJV
            The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Comment

Everyone does go through dry spells or the dark night of the soul....the important thing is to remember that God still loves you! If you have believed on Jesus as your Savior, you are His child.

When you feel you can't pray, remember the Holy Spirit is making your needs known to God, the Father....and Jesus is also advocating for you.

Also, maybe you can get out into nature, that sometimes helps us to feel closer to God....although we don't base our faith on feelings. But maybe it would help you to commune more easily with the Lord.
              It's important to have the right convictions, but deep convictions without divine fellowship turns us into mere zealots. If we hold the truths of the Gospel without spending time with the Giver of the Gospel, we'll lose the internal sweetness of our faith.
              Dr. David Jeremiah

Comment

Thanks for your reply, theophilus. Okay, I'll try and give thanks more and focus more on him rather than myself.
                Hi Apostle. I hope this doesn't offend, but you have not said whether you are born again. I have been a Christian my whole adult life and I still experience what you are going through. I haven't seen any answers to my prayers in quite sometime and I don't feel God's presence. But I believe in Him and Jesus Christ is my Savior, so I rest in that. As long as you know you are a child of God, outwards signs are not as important. We live by faith and not by sight. God promises to answer prayers and He will, but in His own time. Sometimes unconfessed sin hinders God from answering. Unforgiveness towards another person can hurt our walk with God and delay His answers/blessings.

I don't think the answer is "trying things out," like reading the bible more or praying more. Those are all external works. I believe we must exercise faith during these times when God seems so far away and silent. Yes, keep a thankful heart. There is a verse that says God inhabits the praises of His people.

Will we trust Him or give up?

Comment

Originally posted by Debp View Post
                  Everyone does go through dry spells or the dark night of the soul....the important thing is to remember that God still loves you! If you have believed on Jesus as your Savior, you are His child.

When you feel you can't pray, remember the Holy Spirit is making your needs known to God, the Father....and Jesus is also advocating for you.

Also, maybe you can get out into nature, that sometimes helps us to feel closer to God....although we don't base our faith on feelings. But maybe it would help you to commune more easily with the Lord.
                  Exactly. Amen!

Comment

Apostle,

Consider the possibility that your approach to prayer might be misguided and therefore the root of your problem.
                    (1) In his excellent book, "Prayer," Quaker Richard Foster identifies 22 different kinds of prayer. How many kinds do you practice in your devotions?
                    Prayer is the primary way we develop a personal relationship with God. How much time do your spend meditating the biblical way, praising, ane thanking God as opposed to petitioning Him?
                    (2) Prayer nurtures our relationship with God only when it is a 2-way conversation:
                    Those who WAIT on the Lord will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings as eagles; they will walk an not faint."" How much of your devotional life do you devote to listening in silence with no mental chatter? A key to this is not to resist the temptation to equate God with the voice in the back of your head. When you try to make it happen, you will fee cheap and empty. Remember, God expects patience and often delays His answer. Sometimes He may reply to your questioning silence a few days later.
                    (3) Don't equate God's presence with warm fuzzy feelings. One of the greatest missionaries of all time is J. Hudson Taylor, founder of the China Inland Mission. When asked about the key to his missionary success, despite many tragedies and disappointments, he replied: "I learned that I could receive my greatest answers to prayer when my heart felt like wood."
                    (4) Don' try to believe. The very concept of trying programs the mind for probable failure. Jesus teaches us to boldly act on the assumption that we have all the faith we need and venture out with a childlike beginner's mind and to avoid introspection to see how much faith we have. The very act of looking within punches a hole in the container of our soul that causes all our faith to drain out.
                    (5) Join a small prayer group like I did. IN prayer the whole is greater than the sum of individual parts. Group prayer in a highly personal small group is most effective and the mutual support in very healing.
                    Last edited by Berserk; 05-13-18, 02:03 PM. Reason: ho

Comment

Working...
                    X