Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The Best Thing a Brother in Christ Can Do is Interact with Another Brother

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Thing a Brother in Christ Can Do is Interact with Another Brother

​The Best Thing a Brother in Christ Can Do is Interact with Another Brother

If you are a brother in Christ, the best thing you can do is interact with a brother in Christ, especially living together. Two brothers in Christ together is far better than living alone. And three or more Christian brothers living together is even better. But the worst thing to do is to be isolated, separate from a brother in Christ. Even interacting with an unbeliever can be a positive thing. But then doing so can be even life threatening.

Same with mothers and sisters in Christ, it is better to live with each other than to live alone. However, Christians should make certain the ones they live with are actual believers.

The good reasons for brothers in Christ living together include casting out each other's demons, praying for each other, loving each other as commanded, being doers of the word of God, and serving the Lord in a higher capacity.

The verses below are like others concerning miracles being done by believers. And these two verses are a great benefit provided for brothers in Christ who gather together in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Matthew 18:19-20 King James Version (KJV)
    19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
    20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

And so two or three come together in the same location and state you have done so in the name of Jesus Christ, agree
    on anything on earth that may be touched, and pray to God the Father for what is agreed upon, thank Him, and conclude the prayer in the name of Jesus Christ.

And the verse below gives the reason for prayer to God the Father, in the name of Jesus Christ.

John 16:23 King James Version (KJV)
    23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Originally posted by PraiseTheLord View Post
    ​The Best Thing a Brother in Christ Can Do is Interact with Another Brother.

So, tell me, do you think that Jesus is Santa Claus?

Let's test your hypothesis using Paul and Peter. It's reasonable to believe that they prayed together despite having different missions. Do you think they prayed for protection, safe journeys?

Both Paul and Peter died ugly violent deaths.

In the 60's - 70's A group known as Peter Paul and Mary wrote "The Wedding Song". It used Matthew 18:20 as a foundation.

It's fundamentally a good piece of music, but the entire context of Matthew 18:20 has nothing to do with weddings or married commitment.

You are doing the same thing. You forget to take into consideration the context.

Jesus is not Santa. He didn't heal Shane Hall or Nabeel Qureshi. They both died in excruciating pain. I know for a fact that large groups of people came together in prayer for healing.

Go back and find the context, because this OP fails entirely.
    It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flat…

Martin Luther The Bondage of the Will

Comment

Originally posted by Beloved Daughter View Post

So, tell me, do you think that Jesus is Santa Claus?

Let's test your hypothesis using Paul and Peter. It's reasonable to believe that they prayed together despite having different missions. Do you think they prayed for protection, safe journeys?

Both Paul and Peter died ugly violent deaths.

In the 60's - 70's A group known as Peter Paul and Mary wrote "The Wedding Song". It used Matthew 18:20 as a foundation.

It's fundamentally a good piece of music, but the entire context of Matthew 18:20 has nothing to do with weddings or married commitment.

You are doing the same thing. You forget to take into consideration the context.

Jesus is not Santa. He didn't heal Shane Hall or Nabeel Qureshi. They both died in excruciating pain. I know for a fact that large groups of people came together in prayer for healing.

Go back and find the context, because this OP fails entirely.
      I find nothing in this person's post that addresses or takes away from my original post. My original post stands.

Comment

Your post is without evidence.

If your interpretation of the Bible is true, why didn't God protect Peter and Paul, or Shane and Nabeel? Hence your post is eisegesis.

Until you have a legitimate explanation, your post is meaningless and even shameful.
        Last edited by Beloved Daughter; 03-01-19, 07:18 PM.
        It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flat…

Comment

Your post is without evidence.

If your interpretation of the Bible is true, why didn't God protect Peter and Paul, or Shane and Nabeel? Hence your post is eisegesis.

Until you have a legitimate explanation, your post is meaningless and even shameful.
          Nothing you've posted sets aside the word of God as I quoted it, or the remainder of my original post.

Comment

Nothing you've posted sets aside the word of God as I quoted it, or the remainder of my original post.
            Why are my friends Nabeel and Shane dead PTL? Many men of God prayed for and with them. You cannot run from this. I won't let you.
            Last edited by 4Him; 03-04-19, 03:34 PM. Reason: alert/no violation

Comment

​The Best Thing a Brother in Christ Can Do is Interact with Another Brother
              To more effectively deal with homicidal Garden gnomes.

Comment

Why are my friends Nabeel and Shane dead PTL? Many men of God prayed for and with them. You cannot run from this. I won't let you.

Brothers in Christ are commanded to love each other.

John 13:34 (NASB1977)
                “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

To be obedient to the word of God.

“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

Comment

Why are they dead? We followed the scripture you quoted to the letter. You don't know your Bible very well, do you!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Brother Bob, SPEW ALERT! Pepsi all over my laptop. This is a keeper.

Comment

To be obedient to the word of God.

You don't know what the word of God is... and you said that the Bible has been tampered with. You can trust in vicious murdering garden gnomes, but me, I'm going for the word of God.

Comment

Why are they dead? We followed the scripture you quoted to the letter. You don't know your Bible very well, do you!
                          You're saying one thing. And I'm saying something different.

This is my thread - titled:
                          The Best Thing a Brother in Christ Can Do is Interact with Another Brother.

Since you're not a brother in Christ, please see the verse below.

1 Corinthians 14:34 (NASB 1977)
                          Let the women keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but let them subject themselves, just as the Law also says.

Comment

Brother Bob, SPEW ALERT! Pepsi all over my laptop. This is a keeper.
                            Ooo - sorry - but I couldn't resist don'cha know.

Comment

You're saying one thing. And I'm saying something different.

This is my thread - titled:
                              The Best Thing a Brother in Christ Can Do is Interact with Another Brother.

Since you're not a brother in Christ, please see the verse below.

1 Corinthians 14:34 (NASB 1977)
                              Let the women keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but let them subject themselves, just as the Law also says.
                              It must have been tampered with. Have you figured out that we are not in church?

You believe in things that are NOT, BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION, BIBLICAL.

Do you know who Dr. Paige Patterson is?

I'm water baptized, filled with the Holy Spirit and saved as one of the elect. And...………………………..there is not a thing you can do about! Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X