Home-school, Good or Bad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victoria_Smith
    started a topic Home-school, Good or Bad?

Home-school, Good or Bad?

This will be the second year that I have spent doing school online. While there are advantages to home-school, there are also disadvantages. Now that I do online school, my social life has gone down the drain. The only friends I have are the teens at my church, they are a great group of kids (but there are less than 10 kids my age...) Also I have a hard time falling asleep (but book-schooling kids wouldn't have this problem). And to top it all off I have become more of an introvert since I started. So, if you are thinking about putting your kids into an online school or homeschooling, PLEASE!!! For the sake of your kids! Do your homework.

Farewell,
    A home-school student

• Frank Lee
    replied
    We home schooled our children until the seventh grade. It was not without difficulties but was very rewarding to the children and to us as parents. It takes total dedication and was done without the benefit of computers. We also had no TV in those years. The results were college scholarships in music and academics, summa *** laude (unbelievable that this stupid editor won't distinguish between the name of a degree and filth!) double major degree and excellent careers. We instilled a love of God in them and taught them to love reading.

Everyone's experience won't be the same but for us it was the right thing. No, it was not easy. It took 100% dedication to them. We gave up our lives for theirs but it was worth it all.

Leave a comment:

• AlFin
    replied
    Originally posted by robthemany View Post
    It's up to each parent, there are some out their saying you must home school, raising home school to to divisive issue,. Of course teachers trying to legalize things that God would call us not to is something that's been around since forever.
    Homeschooling also prevents the children being exposed to atheistic teachers and sexual orientation acceptance courses.

Leave a comment:

• robthemany
    replied
    It's up to each parent, there are some out their saying you must home school, raising home school to to divisive issue,. Of course teachers trying to legalize things that God would call us not to is something that's been around since forever.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X