Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

I have seen them. I am not impressed by home schooling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have seen them. I am not impressed by home schooling

I have seen them. The socially inept (just because you can speak to other home schoolers without stuttering does not mean that you are capable of making 'small-talk' with strangers). Their childish behavior is often subdued or buried in forced "good behavior" forced upon them by their parents.

I have seen them. The 'educated' kids who cannot add 4 single-digit numbers in their heads if any of those numbers is six or above. The kids who have never had to examine 'alternative philosophies' but have 'memorized' a gazillion scripture verses (without knowing the CONTEXT of those verses at all), who have earned their GED's and think those are 'the same thing' as a High School diploma. The best jobs (with only a very FEW exceptions) they can get is one as a hamburger-flipper or pizza shop employee.

They (and their parents) demonize and belittle public schools, even though most of the parents ARE PRODUCTS OF public schooling themselves, and supposedly 'turned out alright' in their own educations.

I have seen the good and the ugly in BOTH public schooling and home schooling.

Public schooling at least makes no obviously ignorant boastings as home-schooling does.

Neither does it ignore the failures as home-schoolers do.

So I am not impressed.

• Bigboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Morefish View Post

The homeschoolers are dishonest in their claims. They count only those who TAKE THE SAT AT ALL. When only 5% of them take the test, and those 5% are the 'chosen sample' that the homeschoolers use, IS THAT HONEST? Does 5% of the whole, PICKED AWAY FROM THE WHOLE because they TOOK the test, represent the whole, MOST OF WHOM DID NOT take the test at all?

Inflated scores = inflated egos imho.

Naah. Try THIS LINK. . .https://www.responsiblehomeschooling...ol-sat-taking/

You like to go 'link hopping? There are others too. A BUNCH of them. The inflated egos of homeschool parents is imho underwhelming.
    Absolutely your info is true and my info is a lie. How stupid of me to make such a mistake.

Leave a comment:

• Morefish
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigboy View Post
    This link shows the op dosenít have a clue about what he posted.

https://fee.org/articles/homeschoole...ts-on-the-sat/
    The homeschoolers are dishonest in their claims. They count only those who TAKE THE SAT AT ALL. When only 5% of them take the test, and those 5% are the 'chosen sample' that the homeschoolers use, IS THAT HONEST? Does 5% of the whole, PICKED AWAY FROM THE WHOLE because they TOOK the test, represent the whole, MOST OF WHOM DID NOT take the test at all?

Inflated scores = inflated egos imho.

Naah. Try THIS LINK. . .https://www.responsiblehomeschooling...ol-sat-taking/

You like to go 'link hopping? There are others too. A BUNCH of them. The inflated egos of homeschool parents is imho underwhelming.

Leave a comment:

• Morefish
    replied
    Bigboy replied
    11-14-18, 08:38 PM
    Most homeschoolers worship God, not Karl Marx, which makes it difficult to indoctrinate students if those students are not in the classroom. Plus, those silly homeschoolers are too “sheltered!” They aren’t learning about global warming, sexual education, transgender whatever, or how Heather has two mommies.
    Last edited by Bigboy; 11-14-18, 09:18 PM.
    NObody I have ever heard of worships karl marx, but you DO need to know about him. So you (the trained, gifted, magical teacher) want to indoctrinate the children to YOUR daffynishuns, huh?

What will your kids do when their friend sally tells them he was born a boy, but God messed up? How will they deal with their friend who has two daddies? What happens when someone asks them 'why do you fall for all that religious stuff?' or 'why should I believe your Christian religion and not islam, 7th day adventism, or roman catholifism or even mormonism instead?'

Sheltered? SURE THEY ARE. Taught by UNqualified teachers, more often than not.

So they shouldn't know that the glaciers are shrinking because of the new, warmer air? Whales are dying because their habitat is shrinking because the water is getting measurably warmer. Is THAT how home school 'science' works? IGNORE the problems and hope they will go away? Or is it just plain ignorance in the 'teacher?'

Just HOW WELL are homeschool 'teachers' trained? And WHO are they accountable to?

Loose cannons, imho.

Leave a comment:

• Morefish
    replied
    Bigboy replied
    11-14-18, 08:38 PM
    Most homeschoolers worship God, not Karl Marx, which makes it difficult to indoctrinate students if those students are not in the classroom. Plus, those silly homeschoolers are too “sheltered!” They aren’t learning about global warming, sexual education, transgender whatever, or how Heather has two mommies.
    Last edited by Bigboy; 11-14-18, 09:18 PM.
    Homeschoolers worship whom they have been taught to worship AT HOME OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL. IF HOMESCHOOL PARENTS CANT DO A BETTER JOB of that, then it doesn't matter where they go to school. If the parents can't do their job. . .

Of course everyone seems to think they have the gift of teaching. . . .especially parents with no educations themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Bluemayskye
    replied

I notice your avatar has the colors that the modern day Perverts use ........seems to fit right in with your attitude.......would you care to tell us if this confused son has Two Mommies or Two Daddies ?
    God, I can feel your hate from here. It bleeds from people too afraid to love what's different.

You will need to at least pretend to act human if you have any real desire to continue.

Leave a comment:

• Bigboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluemayskye View Post

While I agree with the part in bold I assume it is due to your confusion over my son's gender. No matter, there are much bigger issues at hand here.

Advocating that I beat my child to appease your god is the deeply evil root of massive worldwide child abuse as well as the entire pride movement. You take your sad insecurities out on defenceless children and wonder why they end up so loudly expressing their freedom on the street. Thay are celebrating their freedom from you!

You have been pouring your god's hate out on them and that devil will never run dry.
    I notice your avatar has the colors that the modern day Perverts use ........seems to fit right in with your attitude.......would you care to tell us if this confused son has Two Mommies or Two Daddies ?

Leave a comment:

• Bluemayskye
    replied

Im not the one confused over His Gender............HE IS...........and YOU are coddling him in his perversion.
    We are not "confused" about his gender anymore. Really the correct word here is "unaware."

At least you using his correct pronoun.

Leave a comment:

• Bigboy
    replied

While I agree with the part in bold I assume it is due to your confusion over my son's gender.
    Im not the one confused over His Gender............HE IS...........and YOU are coddling him in his perversion.

Leave a comment:

• Bluemayskye
    replied

As the parent God has some advice for you .

Proverbs 22:15

15 Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child;
    but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

Proverbs 23:13-14

13 Withhold not correction from the child:
    for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
    14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod,
    and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

You need to beat that wicked foolishness out of him !

God Created him as a male....... not a she......not a either or . If you let him become a pervert you are a worthless parent
    While I agree with the part in bold I assume it is due to your confusion over my son's gender. No matter, there are much bigger issues at hand here.

Advocating that I beat my child to appease your god is the deeply evil root of massive worldwide child abuse as well as the entire pride movement. You take your sad insecurities out on defenceless children and wonder why they end up so loudly expressing their freedom on the street. Thay are celebrating their freedom from you!

You have been pouring your god's hate out on them and that devil will never run dry.

Leave a comment:

• Bigboy
    replied

This is his journey, not mine.
    As the parent God has some advice for you .

Proverbs 22:15

15 Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child;
    but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

Proverbs 23:13-14

13 Withhold not correction from the child:
    for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
    14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod,
    and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

You need to beat that wicked foolishness out of him !

God Created him as a male....... not a she......not a either or . If you let him become a pervert you are a worthless parent

Leave a comment:

• Bluemayskye
    replied

Are you going to neuter him ?
    This is his journey, not mine.

Leave a comment:

• Bigboy
    replied

He is trans. The bullying was severe because his personality went well beyond "Tom boy" and kids tend to harass people they don't understand. Since he came out and found support his life has dramatically improved.
    Are you going to neuter him ?

Leave a comment:

• Bluemayskye
    replied

what happened with the middle child ?
    He is trans. The bullying was severe because his personality went well beyond "Tom boy" and kids tend to harass people they don't understand. Since he came out and found support his life has dramatically improved.

Leave a comment:

• Bigboy
    replied

We eventually discovered the source of the social awkwardness that made our middle child such a bully magnet: he had been trying to fit in as a girl.
    what happened with the middle child ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X