Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

I have seen them. I am not impressed by home schooling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have seen them. I am not impressed by home schooling

I have seen them. The socially inept (just because you can speak to other home schoolers without stuttering does not mean that you are capable of making 'small-talk' with strangers). Their childish behavior is often subdued or buried in forced "good behavior" forced upon them by their parents.

I have seen them. The 'educated' kids who cannot add 4 single-digit numbers in their heads if any of those numbers is six or above. The kids who have never had to examine 'alternative philosophies' but have 'memorized' a gazillion scripture verses (without knowing the CONTEXT of those verses at all), who have earned their GED's and think those are 'the same thing' as a High School diploma. The best jobs (with only a very FEW exceptions) they can get is one as a hamburger-flipper or pizza shop employee.

They (and their parents) demonize and belittle public schools, even though most of the parents ARE PRODUCTS OF public schooling themselves, and supposedly 'turned out alright' in their own educations.

I have seen the good and the ugly in BOTH public schooling and home schooling.

Public schooling at least makes no obviously ignorant boastings as home-schooling does.

Neither does it ignore the failures as home-schoolers do.

So I am not impressed.

• Bluemayskye
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigboy View Post
    I hope everyone can now see why Junior is confused now . ^^^^^^
    We live in a state of confusion. Why do you think we have endless religions and sects? Our hope and goal should not be to attempt to conform all to one belief, but celebrate and encourage the variety of perspectives. Otherwise we this hostile environment will eventually implode.

Leave a comment:

• Bigboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bluemayskye
    replied
    Originally posted by Beloved Daughter View Post

I believe the Bible. Apparently, you only believe the parts of the Bible you approve of. That is obvious.
    That is exactly how every piece of information should be processed. Nothing should go unfiltered. You exercise discernment while soaking every conversation, book, show, song, article, speech, etc. yet you have been convinced you must suspend all discernment while reading the Bible. Why do you think this is?

I always look forward to the argument that we can see examples of homosexual/transgender in the animal kingdom. Some animals eat their own, but I don't think you will root for that.

This is yet another reason that parents who can educate their children at home should do so. The world is no longer able to provide any child with a Godly worldview.
    Glad I could entertain you!

None of these cannibalistic animals, trans animals, or trans humans are slapping the face of their creator. They are operating as they were created. The article pointed out how only some of certain species display as trans, demonstrating the creators purpose in transgender creatures. Those seeing fault in god's creation are the ones doing the proverbial "slapping," IMHO.

We home-school our kids for our own reasons. Do you have children?

See in my worldview, children are a blessing from the Lord. We are commanded by God to be fruitful and multiply It's likely that Islam will become the dominant religion and they will never back transgenders. Homosexuals are particularly at odds with Islam.
    Every child is equally a "blessing from the Lord," regardless of one's worldview. In the OT, god commands many things, some of which are accomplished. Filling the earth is one such accomplishment. Now god is blessing us with humans who can help us empathize and bring us together. Refusing to embrace these wonderful humans will only tear us apart.

Jesus describes marriage in Matthew 19. No transgender are noted. Of course it has the admonition to love your neighbor. You can't truly love someone if you don't tell them the truth.
    Are you making a case to discourage trans based on what Jesus did not say?

I understand the purpose of marriage but even Paul bucks the requirement.

Forcing someone to see "truth" the way you see it is closer to rape than it is to love.

Leave a comment:

• Beloved Daughter
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluemayskye View Post

It is hard to productively discuss this subject when one believes a book, as dissected by their chosen religious leaders, is the absolute truth. Paul was just a man, like the rest of us, seeking truth while carrying baggage. He shifted from slaughtering people he believed evil to campaigning for a cause far beyond his understanding. The concept that a book must be 100% correct or 100% false was invented by religious leaders to keep people from questioning. It is that simple. You would never treat any book that way unless you believed your life was at stake. Wake up and smell the Stockholm Syndrome.
    I believe the Bible. Apparently, you only believe the parts of the Bible you approve of. That is obvious.

Creation is full of examples of transgender. My son is glorifying creation and creator by accepting this and the proof is displayed daily in the love he shares that is multiplied in those he meets.
    I always look forward to the argument that we can see examples of homosexual/transgender in the animal kingdom. Some animals eat their own, but I don't think you will root for that.

This is yet another reason that parents who can educate their children at home should do so. The world is no longer able to provide any child with a Godly worldview.

Replenishing the earth? We have 7.5 billion people and our reckless pursuit of growth, money and materialism has led to thousands of creatures going extinct. You can check "fill the earth" off your biblical to do list. Non reproductive humans are doing humanity and all creation a huge favor.
    See in my worldview, children are a blessing from the Lord. We are commanded by God to be fruitful and multiply It's likely that Islam will become the dominant religion and they will never back transgenders. Homosexuals are particularly at odds with Islam.

It is simultaneously hilarious and harrowing how society has developed various perspectives on mental illness. One could go from a respectable individual to labeled insane just because a panel of psychologists and scientists happen to change their perspective. Don't be so blown by the winds, Beloved, just love and respect all.

I believe you do and I believe you sincerely feel justified levying public judgement of my son's standing before god. But there is nothing Jesus ever alluded to that could justify how the morally self righteous cause widespread homelessness, child abuse, sexual abuse, human trafficking and unfounded moral disgust. I am not so naive to assume you personally have performed this abuse, but your disdain for those who make different personal choices than you actively contributes to the justifications of those who do.
    Jesus describes marriage in Matthew 19. No transgender are noted. Of course it has the admonition to love your neighbor. You can't truly love someone if you don't tell them the truth.

Leave a comment:

• Bigboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bigboy
    replied
    Can you all see what JRS problem is ^^^^^^^ ?

Leave a comment:

• Bluemayskye
    replied
    Originally posted by Beloved Daughter View Post

The Bible describes these practices as abhorrent. Romans 1. God created male and female. Genesis 1. Transgenderism (a made up word) is a slap in the face of her creator.
    It is hard to productively discuss this subject when one believes a book, as dissected by their chosen religious leaders, is the absolute truth. Paul was just a man, like the rest of us, seeking truth while carrying baggage. He shifted from slaughtering people he believed evil to campaigning for a cause far beyond his understanding. The concept that a book must be 100% correct or 100% false was invented by religious leaders to keep people from questioning. It is that simple. You would never treat any book that way unless you believed your life was at stake. Wake up and smell the Stockholm Syndrome.

Creation is full of examples of transgender. My son is glorifying creation and creator by accepting this and the proof is displayed daily in the love he shares that is multiplied in those he meets.

I'm not without compassion given the suicide rate. However, sin is sin and you should not condone it. There is a reason God made two different genders. It's called replenishing the earth.
    Replenishing the earth? We have 7.5 billion people and our reckless pursuit of growth, money and materialism has led to thousands of creatures going extinct. You can check "fill the earth" off your biblical to do list. Non reproductive humans are doing humanity and all creation a huge favor.

The DSM classifies it as mental disorder.
    It is simultaneously hilarious and harrowing how society has developed various perspectives on mental illness. One could go from a respectable individual to labeled insane just because a panel of psychologists and scientists happen to change their perspective. Don't be so blown by the winds, Beloved, just love and respect all.

I will pray for you and your daughter. I mean that sincerely.
    I believe you do and I believe you sincerely feel justified levying public judgement of my son's standing before god. But there is nothing Jesus ever alluded to that could justify how the morally self righteous cause widespread homelessness, child abuse, sexual abuse, human trafficking and unfounded moral disgust. I am not so naive to assume you personally have performed this abuse, but your disdain for those who make different personal choices than you actively contributes to the justifications of those who do.
    Last edited by Bluemayskye; 05-28-19, 02:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Beloved Daughter
    replied

This abhorrence of LGBT is the cause of increases suicides. Fortunately, this trend is dying.

We have seen how demonizing something in society only causes more problems. Just as our war on drugs created more crime, the "war on personal sexual autonomy" has created oppression against anyone who does not fall in line with society's current flavor of moral disgust.

LGBT have always been here and they always will be here. Either accept and love them or war against them.
    The Bible describes these practices as abhorrent. Romans 1. God created male and female. Genesis 1. Transgenderism (a made up word) is a slap in the face of her creator.

I'm not without compassion given the suicide rate. However, sin is sin and you should not condone it. There is a reason God made two different genders. It's called replenishing the earth.

The DSM classifies it as mental disorder.

I will pray for you and your daughter. I mean that sincerely.

Leave a comment:

• Bluemayskye
    replied
    Originally posted by Florida Angler View Post

Your daughter is mentally ill. You're enabling her. When you find your daughter's body, just remember, you could have been a loving parent and helped her. But instead, you chose to impose your political ideology on her and her suicide will be on your hands.
    This abhorrence of LGBT is the cause of increases suicides. Fortunately, this trend is dying.

We have seen how demonizing something in society only causes more problems. Just as our war on drugs created more crime, the "war on personal sexual autonomy" has created oppression against anyone who does not fall in line with society's current flavor of moral disgust.

LGBT have always been here and they always will be here. Either accept and love them or war against them.

Leave a comment:

• Florida Angler
    replied

Ironically, he has jettisoned these false beliefs in acceptance of the reality of self. Others, such as yourself, are projecting their Munchausen assumptions of mental illness onto him when in reality he is thriving having accepted his truest reality.

Understanding this concept will lead the world to peace. You have beliefs that are different than mine but I can trust that you are making the best decision for you. If I were to doubt your personal perspective I am doubting your journey. Enjoy the journey and trust others to do the same. The only real danger in belief is the same as the only real danger in relationships: rape. When we force our beliefs or ourselves on one another we are doing the same thing people do when they force their bodies on one another.
    Your daughter is mentally ill. You're enabling her. When you find your daughter's body, just remember, you could have been a loving parent and helped her. But instead, you chose to impose your political ideology on her and her suicide will be on your hands.

Leave a comment:

• Bluemayskye
    replied

Translation: I have Munchausen by proxy and am abusing my child.
    Ironically, he has jettisoned these false beliefs in acceptance of the reality of self. Others, such as yourself, are projecting their Munchausen assumptions of mental illness onto him when in reality he is thriving having accepted his truest reality.

Understanding this concept will lead the world to peace. You have beliefs that are different than mine but I can trust that you are making the best decision for you. If I were to doubt your personal perspective I am doubting your journey. Enjoy the journey and trust others to do the same. The only real danger in belief is the same as the only real danger in relationships: rape. When we force our beliefs or ourselves on one another we are doing the same thing people do when they force their bodies on one another.

Leave a comment:

• Florida Angler
    replied

He knows who he is better than anyone who has not wrestled so with their identity; allowing himself to simply be and shed these imagined words and labels that sell our reality so short.

When we cease doubting one anothers' potential we receive and give both love and freedom.
    Translation: I have Munchausen by proxy and am abusing my child.

Leave a comment:

• Bluemayskye
    replied

So, then you're indulging her delusion that she is a boy?
    He knows who he is better than anyone who has not wrestled so with their identity; allowing himself to simply be and shed these imagined words and labels that sell our reality so short.

When we cease doubting one anothers' potential we receive and give both love and freedom.

Leave a comment:

• Florida Angler
    replied

They are doing pretty fantastic, thank you! My 9 year old is experiencing changes. The ride can be rough she's got such incredible passion. This kid was born a warrior, loving life passionately enough to survive birth at 26 weeks. She had heart surgery before she weighed 2 pounds. I went in to visit her and saw the fresh scar wrapping halfway around her tiny body. The heart surgery was to stop it from continuing to pump blood into her lungs. Her breathing tube silenced her tiny screams but she wretched so hard she did push-ups in her incubator.

She is currently experiencing a stage of extreme absolutes that limits her. I think she does so on purpose in a way, as her white hot passion for life scares her. This manifests in moments of "this is the best day ever," followed (often in the same day) with "this is the worst day ever!" She needs to measure and label everything in order for it to feel real; particularly when she creates "good" and "evil" characters in her imagination. These have very little variance in character other than this imagined distinction of absolutes and exist in her narrative purely of the purpose of creating conflict.

This conflict is the game. Humanity has done this with religions, sports, governments, histories, politics, and all our various passions and plays, but I believe it really is the same thing. These bright spots where humanity begins to accept one another as Christ advocated we accept our foreign, neighbor with foreign beliefs as ourselves and learn to love the creator by taking care of those in need will ultimately bring peace.

My trans son has been an engine of this peace. He has gathered about 185k YouTube followers on his animation channel where he has displayed this love of foreign neighbors with foreign beliefs. His release of this need to hold everyone to his personal standards of truth has built trust and magnified love. In this regard he is well and in control of the "gender confusion." you reference.
    So, then you're indulging her delusion that she is a boy?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X