Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Why does a cute little girl propose a passer-by?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does a cute little girl propose a passer-by?

On my way home today, I saw a lovely little girl grasped a young man’s hand and said in a muttering voice, “Uncle, can you marry me?” Just when I was puzzled, the girl’s mother ran to her and said, “Do you think you needn’t go to school tomorrow if you get married?” Hearing her mother’s words, the little girl loosened her grip on the man disappointedly and went away with her mother, still babbling something under her breath.
    Seeing such a scene, I felt the little girl was quite naïve and lovely, but what touched me more was the study pressure she faces. In my childhood, I had the same thought as she had, hoping to grow up soon so that I wouldn’t need to go to school and do much homework. For many times I wanted to tell my parents my pressure, but looking at the expectation in their eyes, I swallowed up the words that were right out of my mouth. However, though my parents always hope me to stand out among others, it hasn’t been realized so far. I often think: All parents want their children to be famous, but reality is always against their expectation. Conversely, their hope brings pressure to their children. Is it that our parents don’t cultivate us diligently? Is it that we don’t work hard enough? Are we really able to change our life through our own hard work?

Many parents put some pressures on their children. Althought parents hope children will be able to have success,this is not children want to live.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerys Baker View Post
      On my way home today, I saw a lovely little girl grasped a young man’s hand and said in a muttering voice, “Uncle, can you marry me?” Just when I was puzzled, the girl’s mother ran to her and said, “Do you think you needn’t go to school tomorrow if you get married?” Hearing her mother’s words, the little girl loosened her grip on the man disappointedly and went away with her mother, still babbling something under her breath.
      Seeing such a scene, I felt the little girl was quite naïve and lovely, but what touched me more was the study pressure she faces. In my childhood, I had the same thought as she had, hoping to grow up soon so that I wouldn’t need to go to school and do much homework. For many times I wanted to tell my parents my pressure, but looking at the expectation in their eyes, I swallowed up the words that were right out of my mouth. However, though my parents always hope me to stand out among others, it hasn’t been realized so far. I often think: All parents want their children to be famous, but reality is always against their expectation. Conversely, their hope brings pressure to their children. Is it that our parents don’t cultivate us diligently? Is it that we don’t work hard enough? Are we really able to change our life through our own hard work?
      Maybe the little girl wanted to marry her uncle. I wanted to marry my uncle Freddy when I was little. It had nothing to do with school, I just loved him. I also wanted to marry my dad until he explained to me that I couldn't marry either one of them because they were already married.

My point is, the little girl didn't say marry me so I don't have to go to school, that was her mother's interpretation of her query.
      Mark 9:24 Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,
      but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” ― Martin Luther

Muretus "Call no man worthless for whom Christ died!"

Comment

Children don't know the guidelines of proper behavior and we adults have the responsibility to explain that such relationships are very inappropriate. I think that parents responding by claiming that they are already married doesn't exactly convey that taboo concept. Instead it conveys the concept that if the parent weren't married then the relationship would be OK. When my little girl offered to take her mother's place in bed because she noticed that we had marital problems, I specifically explained that such a thing could NEVER happen because it was wrong. I did not simply say it was not right because I was already married. Hope that clears up the issues involved.

Comment

I do not want my children to be famous or not famous. I want them to be in the plan God has for them, and I have no idea what that entails regarding fame.

Education is preparing them to be givers rather than takers - provide them a means to serve God and their fellow man.
          “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?" - The Messiah

Comment

Working...
          X