Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Tired of the Rat Race way of living?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of the Rat Race way of living?

God warns that debt is a sin. Because it puts you in bondage to others. If you choose to buy something, it is better to put it on lay away if you can not pay cash for it. Then after you pay, you get to take it home and enjoy it. Instead of bringing it home on credit, then after a few days it is old news, but guess what? You get to work to pay for it now. Rewards should not come first, but after you earn them.
    Any ways, I thought someone may benefit from this lady's video. She has others as well. Not sure if she is a Christian, but she mentions secular, so I am hoping she knows the Lord.
    Be blessed:
    edit link violation
    Last edited by CARM Admin; 07-11-17, 02:51 PM.
    The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

This one as well:
    edit/advertising not permitted
    Last edited by CARM Admin; 07-11-17, 02:51 PM.
    The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Comment

Those "Becky's Homestead" videos and the problems with income are going to become unavoidable, if not already by now. Working class folks will struggle with finances to purchase private property for residences when the ever marching progress of technology replaces low, semi skilled & even professional jobs & careers with automation.

The way A.I. & Robotics evolve today is utterly astounding. A quick net search reveals amazing progress already and this is just the beginning really.

I seriously think the human race is not able to comprehend, let alone accept a future of virtually no work, at least work as defined in traditional interpretations. This of course raises the most deepest of philosophical discussions we have ever had as a species. Does this free us up to become more creative beings? or to use an old saying "The devil finds work for idle hands". How will we collectively respond to this phenomenon?

After all, work has been used do define one's self image in the eyes of the world. So how do human beings redefine that concept now in light of advancing technology making huge dents into the world of work and careers?

I've heard talk in some scientific areas of human/machine hybrids in the future. Like out of the old Arnold Schwarzenegger movies such as the Terminator series or Total recall etc..

If this is God's plan for the progress of humanity, then so be it. I'm sure the future of work is something we can all speculate about.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRod View Post
        Those "Becky's Homestead" videos and the problems with income are going to become unavoidable, if not already by now. Working class folks will struggle with finances to purchase private property for residences when the ever marching progress of technology replaces low, semi skilled & even professional jobs & careers with automation.

The way A.I. & Robotics evolve today is utterly astounding. A quick net search reveals amazing progress already and this is just the beginning really.

I seriously think the human race is not able to comprehend, let alone accept a future of virtually no work, at least work as defined in traditional interpretations. This of course raises the most deepest of philosophical discussions we have ever had as a species. Does this free us up to become more creative beings? or to use an old saying "The devil finds work for idle hands". How will we collectively respond to this phenomenon?

After all, work has been used do define one's self image in the eyes of the world. So how do human beings redefine that concept now in light of advancing technology making huge dents into the world of work and careers?

I've heard talk in some scientific areas of human/machine hybrids in the future. Like out of the old Arnold Schwarzenegger movies such as the Terminator series or Total recall etc..

If this is God's plan for the progress of humanity, then so be it. I'm sure the future of work is something we can all speculate about.

It may be too late for us in these last of days to get back to living off the land but it is the good way.
        I believe that technology is a test, but God knows all about the tests and uses all things for His purposes.
        God's ways and His Creation are the natural things that He provided for us FREELY such as trees, herbs, water, fish, animals etc.. and all the beautiful things that He does not charge for, But man has made a market out of.
        And not Man made machinery that replaces men so that they have to beg, borrow or steal because they can not find work as there is no need to hire man to work, whom they have replaced with machines, so they don't have to hand out paychecks, no calling in sick, no vacation pay, no overtime pay, holiday pay, and they can work day and night without sleep and they consume all the profits for themselves, these are the giants of industry who lord over us.
        But guess what? Crime and total darkness will be on the rise for men must feed their families.
        Our sinful ways have caused all this, rather we want to believe it or not!

God gave us dominion of the earth where He put us, but there are those who in pride have used the technology to build space ships to leave their first habitation to play god and find a new planet.... so they think, to live on up in the heavens above the stars where God's throne is.

Isaiah14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Comment

Happiness is not wanting anything more than you have.

Foolishness is buying anything that you have to borrow to pay for, with the exception of a modest house (and income-producing property).

Comment

Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
            God warns that debt is a sin. Because it puts you in bondage to others. If you choose to buy something, it is better to put it on lay away if you can not pay cash for it. Then after you pay, you get to take it home and enjoy it. Instead of bringing it home on credit, then after a few days it is old news, but guess what? You get to work to pay for it now. Rewards should not come first, but after you earn them.
            Any ways, I thought someone may benefit from this lady's video. She has others as well. Not sure if she is a Christian, but she mentions secular, so I am hoping she knows the Lord.
            Be blessed:
            edit link violation
            Not having debt won't get you out of the rat race because you were born in debt. Fact is, you can't get out of debt. Say, for instance, that you just graduated. High school if you please. Or college. Say you graduated college after having a full scholarship, zero debt. Ok fine. Now you're living in an apartment. That's debt. You owe the rent each month. If you don't go the rat race, they evict you. So how do you get out of the rat race? You can't. You were born a debt slave, you'll die a debt slave.

Say you own a home; its paid for. You owe a certain amount still as property tax. Its debt. How are you gonna escape debt? They just keep heaping it back on you.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbrainerd View Post

Not having debt won't get you out of the rat race because you were born in debt. Fact is, you can't get out of debt. Say, for instance, that you just graduated. High school if you please. Or college. Say you graduated college after having a full scholarship, zero debt. Ok fine. Now you're living in an apartment. That's debt. You owe the rent each month. If you don't go the rat race, they evict you. So how do you get out of the rat race? You can't. You were born a debt slave, you'll die a debt slave.

Say you own a home; its paid for. You owe a certain amount still as property tax. Its debt. How are you gonna escape debt? They just keep heaping it back on you.
              The world's system is set up for failure.The Bible says you cannot serve both God and mammon. Mammon is money, wealth, the banking system.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake1254 View Post

The world's system is set up for failure.The Bible says you cannot serve both God and mammon. Mammon is money, wealth, the banking system.
                Money is amoral...the way it is used reflects the user. You can be generous or you can be a hoarder of wealth. You can make money a priority, leading down to all forms of corruption. Contentment is being comfortable with whatever status we find ourselves in. I am not sure that being in debt is a sin, but charging interest is. The Jews knew this when they created banks, but got around the theological problem by only charging interest to Gentiles. Another misuse of money is when people are not paid for their work, whether it be ages or by paying for a certain bill or service.
                In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe (Hebrews 1:1-2).

Comment

Working...
                X