Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Get Your Kids out of the Godless Public Schools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Your Kids out of the Godless Public Schools

Godless indoctrination zones

[6th Graders Asked: How Comfortable Are You At A Gay Bar? | infowars.com] “A teacher is under fire after giving a quiz to 6th-grade students asking how comfortable they are in situations such as meeting a “female-to-male transsexual.”

Haltom City, Texas students at North Richland Middle School were given multiple scenarios and asked to rate how they feel would be with each situation on a scale of 1 through 4…” Full text: 6th Graders Asked: How Comfortable Are You At A Gay Bar? Pr 22:6, Is 5:20, Lk 17:2

• brightmorningstar
    replied
    Originally posted by Redmond View Post
    If I, as a parent, am unwilling to teach or model positive moral to my children then it falls to the teacher.
    But whilst we may agree with your general remarks about the school being better able to teach than the parents, it of course depends on what they teach. The concern here is what the agenda behind this is.

Leave a comment:

• brightmorningstar
    replied
    Originally posted by serpentdove View Post

[6th Graders Asked: How Comfortable Are You At A Gay Bar? | infowars.com] “A teacher is under fire after giving a quiz to 6th-grade students asking how comfortable they are in situations such as meeting a “female-to-male transsexual.”

Haltom City, Texas students at North Richland Middle School were given multiple scenarios and asked to rate how they feel would be with each situation on a scale of 1 through 4…” Full text: 6th Graders Asked: How Comfortable Are You At A Gay Bar? Pr 22:6, Is 5:20, Lk 17:2
    So what is the purpose of these questions? In many instances there is no reason why any pupil would be bothered by any of the people involved, except the transgender question which is obviously a concern.
    So take the question "Your new roommate is Palestinian and Muslim." Would it be an issue if the pupil was concerned about their **********?
    Also what are the pupils supposed to understand by 'fundamentalist Christian?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Carabbio
    replied
    Originally posted by serpentdove View Post

AND into confused "Christian Schools" (if you're MADE of money).

Leave a comment:

• Redmond
    replied
    I said nothing about parents not having to teach their children morals. I said SOME parents simply do not do so and in such cases the teachers' are very important. I really do wish people would actually READ what is written rather than assuming.

Leave a comment:

• Victoria_S
    replied
    I was in public school, and am now homeschooled. I can see both perspectives of this argument, but it seems to me that leaving your children in public school is the right thing to do. If you take children out of public school, who will spread the word to other children. Obviously not the parents, they(according to Redmond) don't have to teach their children morals. When I was in public school, my faith was challenged, but it brought me closer to God because I was constantly praying for other people. I shared my faith with many people and brought them into my church. Now I am homeschooled, there is nothing to challenge my faith. I feel as though I have plateaued, even going back downhill. Unless you are going to challenge your child's faith, leave them in public school.

Leave a comment:

• SeventhDay
    replied
    Yes, it is but sometimes they simply don't. Someone has to fill that vacuum.
    Yes, there are children who are not loved the way that they are supposed to be but we have to be careful in intruding on parental responsibilities.

We do not want the state for a family but loving parents but the fact is and it is not new that some children fall through the cracks and others come through it fine in the end.

There is more to this troubled life than what appears on the surface and some that fall through the cracks will be in a different position in the after life and will minister to them who are abusers and ungodly people in high places.

The whole world needs deliverance whether they see the need for it or not and know not they are in thick darkness.

Some cultures especially ancient cultures were cruel to their wife and children!

We have to learn to truly value one another in this world in preparation for the world to come where peace and love will be established on earth.

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Leave a comment:

• Redmond
    replied
    Yes, it is but sometimes they simply don't. Someone has to fill that vacuum.

Leave a comment:

• SeventhDay
    replied
    I am saying that someone has to model positive behaviour and that most teachers would be good at that. We lose nothing by noting that most teachers are fine folk who care deeply about their charges and their profession.
    It is the parents that should do that and they like the public school teachers are not perfect and they have different responsibilities.

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Leave a comment:

• Redmond
    replied
    I am saying that someone has to model positive behaviour and that most teachers would be good at that. We lose nothing by noting that most teachers are fine folk who care deeply about their charges and their profession.

Leave a comment:

• SeventhDay
    replied
    If I, as a parent, am unwilling to teach or model positive moral to my children then it falls to the teacher.
    Are you saying then irresponsible parents should have teachers as their judge?

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Leave a comment:

• Redmond
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SeventhDay
    replied
    Sometimes, yes. Some parents are barely able to teach their children to breath.
    However. would you want public teachers teaching different moral to your kids if you are a parent different from what you teach?

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Leave a comment:

• Redmond
    replied
    Sometimes, yes. Some parents are barely able to teach their children to breath.

Leave a comment:

• SeventhDay
    replied
    Enyart is not an educator. Public schools do the difficult job of educating kids better than parents can.
    Even in morals?

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Leave a comment:

Working...
X