Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to talk to my friend about his arranged marriage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to talk to my friend about his arranged marriage?

My friend is having an arranged marriage organised by his parents for him and recently decided to say yes to his bride. He made the announcement to his friends and said he was happy to do it even though it had been a difficult decision. We're not entirely sure he is happy or that this is what he wants and don't know how to talk to him about it.

Originally posted by nathanbault
    My friend is having an arranged marriage organised by his parents for him and recently decided to say yes to his bride. He made the announcement to his friends and said he was happy to do it even though it had been a difficult decision. We're not entirely sure he is happy or that this is what he wants and don't know how to talk to him about it.
    Ask him. Then support him. World stats for divorce in arranged marriage is about 6% percent. That's waaaay more successful than marriage-by-infatuation. Let's face it: none of us know how to love another person, a member of the alien species, up close and personal for the rest of our life and figure out how to find intimacy and consensus on some of the most demand topics known to humanity.It's trial and error for all of us. One of the reasons arranged marriages work is because the parents often know their child's dispositions, strengths and weaknesses better than the adult child does. They arrange better matches than the adult children might on their own. Your friend honors his mother and father, as does his bride-to-be. It's hard for you an me to fathom but history speaks for itself. It certainly worked for Isaac and Rebekah.
    All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

“if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

Comment

where are they doing this and how do i sign up?

Comment

Originally posted by Josheb View Post
        Ask him. Then support him. World stats for divorce in arranged marriage is about 6% percent. That's waaaay more successful than marriage-by-infatuation. Let's face it: none of us know how to love another person, a member of the alien species, up close and personal for the rest of our life and figure out how to find intimacy and consensus on some of the most demand topics known to humanity.It's trial and error for all of us. One of the reasons arranged marriages work is because the parents often know their child's dispositions, strengths and weaknesses better than the adult child does. They arrange better matches than the adult children might on their own. Your friend honors his mother and father, as does his bride-to-be. It's hard for you an me to fathom but history speaks for itself. It certainly worked for Isaac and Rebekah.
        My Grandmother on the Carabbio side was the result of an Arranged Marriage. Grandfather wrote to Italy, and said "I wanna woman!!", and so the family put Victoria Nusso on the boat and shipped her to Boston. When she saw Grandfather, she thought he was the UGLIEST man she'd ever seen. But they married, lived together in harmony and Love, had a PILE of kids, including Dad, and both passed away in their 80s.

Comment

Working...
        X