Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

My Christian Perspective on Schizophrenia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Christian Perspective on Schizophrenia

disclaimer: I am not a health care practitioner and do not advocate a turning away from medication nor treatment.

Psychiatry does not know the cause of schizophrenia. Modern research merely "implies" that it is a brain disorder. This is nothing but a poor educated guess. For thousands of years it has been known to be evil spirits to drive a person mad. The word madness was changed to insanity and now to a psychosis. The early treating physicians would drill holes in people's heads to release the evil spirits. The problem with this is that evil spirits do not reside in a person's head. And needless to say, this form of treatment killed a number of patients. Frontal lobotomies would leave patients with brain damage and yet no cure. Physicians would subdue patients with excessive electric shock and heavy drugs. Modern day treatments are much more humane. Research shows a chemical imbalance in most schizophrenics today. This would parallel cases with a history of drug abuse. The brain disorder that psychiatry has discovered would be brain damage caused by some drugs. Drugs like crystal methamphetamine and crack cocaine are sins that bring evil spirits into a person's life. The paranoid drug user believing that the cops are following them is being deceived by evil spirits who are masquerading as cops. Many cultures today still teach the truth that schizophrenia is caused by evil spirits. Psychiatry has failed to discover the cause of schizophrenia and they have also fallen short of a cure. Some psychiatrists today will tell their patients that their symptoms may be due to evil spirits. They have discovered that schizophrenia shows signs of being hereditary. This is due to one family member being attached to these unhealthy spirits and either before or after they die, the spirits go onto the close familiar child and/or adult. All the symptoms of schizophrenia can be explained spiritually. Aliens are a product of demons and some patients will bear witness to them. The schizophrenic can also witness friends and family who are out of their bodies while dreaming. Good spirits are not the cause of schizophrenia. God, Jesus, angels, saints and deceased family members in heaven often reach out to help some of these afflicted people by steering them away from demons and the unhealthy human dead. This is the reason why some schizophrenics claim to have seen and/or heard God, Jesus, angels, saints and deceased love ones. It is unrighteous how modern day psychiatry unwittingly discredits the testimonies of God's lowly witnesses.

Psychology is part of the course curriculum required to become a priest today. There are few people that would know some of the works of evil spirits upon mankind today. The priests trained in exorcisms and permitted to perform them would have a better understanding. 100 years or so ago, before psychiatry, the Catholic Church taught that schizophrenia was caused by evil spirits. I believe that this is no longer taught do to psychiatry, lawsuits and the Church's reputation.

Evil spirits do indeed cause mental illnesses like schizophrenia. I believe that a healthy lifestyle with psychiatric treatment if needed and spiritual growth can benefit a person with this disorder.

Some crystal methamphetamine abusers report seeing "shadow people". What they see is the dead;

Psalm 23:4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

1 Peter 5:8-11. Be sober and vigilant. Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for [someone] to devour. Resist him, steadfast, knowing that your fellow believers throughout the world undergo the same sufferings. The God of all grace who called you to His eternal glory through Christ [Jesus] will Himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you after you have suffered a little. To him be dominion forever. Amen.

Originally posted by notforgotten View Post
    disclaimer: I am not a health care practitioner and do not advocate a turning away from medication nor treatment.

Psychiatry does not know the cause of schizophrenia. Modern research merely "implies" that it is a brain disorder. This is nothing but a poor educated guess. For thousands of years it has been known to be evil spirits to drive a person mad. The word madness was changed to insanity and now to a psychosis. The early treating physicians would drill holes in people's heads to release the evil spirits. The problem with this is that evil spirits do not reside in a person's head. And needless to say, this form of treatment killed a number of patients. Frontal lobotomies would leave patients with brain damage and yet no cure. Physicians would subdue patients with excessive electric shock and heavy drugs. Modern day treatments are much more humane. Research shows a chemical imbalance in most schizophrenics today. This would parallel cases with a history of drug abuse. The brain disorder that psychiatry has discovered would be brain damage caused by some drugs. Drugs like crystal methamphetamine and crack cocaine are sins that bring evil spirits into a person's life. The paranoid drug user believing that the cops are following them is being deceived by evil spirits who are masquerading as cops. Many cultures today still teach the truth that schizophrenia is caused by evil spirits. Psychiatry has failed to discover the cause of schizophrenia and they have also fallen short of a cure. Some psychiatrists today will tell their patients that their symptoms may be due to evil spirits. They have discovered that schizophrenia shows signs of being hereditary. This is due to one family member being attached to these unhealthy spirits and either before or after they die, the spirits go onto the close familiar child and/or adult. All the symptoms of schizophrenia can be explained spiritually. Aliens are a product of demons and some patients will bear witness to them. The schizophrenic can also witness friends and family who are out of their bodies while dreaming. Good spirits are not the cause of schizophrenia. God, Jesus, angels, saints and deceased family members in heaven often reach out to help some of these afflicted people by steering them away from demons and the unhealthy human dead. This is the reason why some schizophrenics claim to have seen and/or heard God, Jesus, angels, saints and deceased love ones. It is unrighteous how modern day psychiatry unwittingly discredits the testimonies of God's lowly witnesses.

Psychology is part of the course curriculum required to become a priest today. There are few people that would know some of the works of evil spirits upon mankind today. The priests trained in exorcisms and permitted to perform them would have a better understanding. 100 years or so ago, before psychiatry, the Catholic Church taught that schizophrenia was caused by evil spirits. I believe that this is no longer taught do to psychiatry, lawsuits and the Church's reputation.

Evil spirits do indeed cause mental illnesses like schizophrenia. I believe that a healthy lifestyle with psychiatric treatment if needed and spiritual growth can benefit a person with this disorder.

Some crystal methamphetamine abusers report seeing "shadow people". What they see is the dead;

Psalm 23:4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

1 Peter 5:8-11. Be sober and vigilant. Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for [someone] to devour. Resist him, steadfast, knowing that your fellow believers throughout the world undergo the same sufferings. The God of all grace who called you to His eternal glory through Christ [Jesus] will Himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you after you have suffered a little. To him be dominion forever. Amen.
    Hi notforgotten, I have a wonderful friend who has been a born again Christian for many years. She was diagnosed at age 19 of schizophrenia after a mental breakdown. She is now in her 60's. Although she is somewhat better after many years of therapy and finally Christian counseling, she still sometimes struggles with hearing voices and paranoia. She did rebuke any and all evil spirits that may have been the cause and also broke family generational curses as her mother had dabbled in horoscopes and superstititious beliefs. To this day she still takes medications. Without them her symptoms gets worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake1254 View Post

Hi notforgotten, I have a wonderful friend who has been a born again Christian for many years. She was diagnosed at age 19 of schizophrenia after a mental breakdown. She is now in her 60's. Although she is somewhat better after many years of therapy and finally Christian counseling, she still sometimes struggles with hearing voices and paranoia. She did rebuke any and all evil spirits that may have been the cause and also broke family generational curses as her mother had dabbled in horoscopes and superstititious beliefs. To this day she still takes medications. Without them her symptoms gets worse.
      Sad, but compelling story. Thank you for sharing. Indeed medication can help.

Comment

Sad, but compelling story. Thank you for sharing. Indeed medication can help.
        Actually what psychotropic medications actually do is mask the problem. they mask the problem because they treat only one component, the chemical imbalances that lead to schizophrenia.

While working as an intensive case manager for the seriously mentally ill, I had a client who had a former missionary as his psychiatrist in Harrisburg, Pa. The client floored me when he told me what the doctor said was the only way to cure schizophrenia: the blood of Jesus Christ. I confirmed that the psychiatrist.

During a visit to another client in a locked ward, I tested that by obtaining her permission to pray with her. she reported that the voices in her head actually did go away, and that they were not as loud as they were before. the next visit I had on the ward, I asked her on her progress, and said they were still away.

While there are some who see demons behind every tree, I am not one of those people, but I can give you the experiences I had with many schizophrenics, as well as a former pastor. in an Evangelical church. Therefore I can recommend that you find a pastor whom you can trust, and who believes in the reality of our Adversary.

That two pronged approach is good for you to try.
        MY FOUR APOLOGETIC AXIOMS

1. Any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time

2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

3. Inconsistency is a tiny hobgoblin haunting every cult

4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by john t View Post

Actually what psychotropic medications actually do is mask the problem. they mask the problem because they treat only one component, the chemical imbalances that lead to schizophrenia.

While working as an intensive case manager for the seriously mentally ill, I had a client who had a former missionary as his psychiatrist in Harrisburg, Pa. The client floored me when he told me what the doctor said was the only way to cure schizophrenia: the blood of Jesus Christ. I confirmed that the psychiatrist.

During a visit to another client in a locked ward, I tested that by obtaining her permission to pray with her. she reported that the voices in her head actually did go away, and that they were not as loud as they were before. the next visit I had on the ward, I asked her on her progress, and said they were still away.

While there are some who see demons behind every tree, I am not one of those people, but I can give you the experiences I had with many schizophrenics, as well as a former pastor. in an Evangelical church. Therefore I can recommend that you find a pastor whom you can trust, and who believes in the reality of our Adversary.
          It is good to hear that Jesus is answering your prayers. God is with you. My attachment to unhealthy spirits are nearly gone. I have no need of divine intervention. Thank you for your posts.

Comment

. I have no need of divine intervention. Thank you for your posts.
            THAT is the scariest statement I have seen anyone make because it seems to be very presumptuous.

2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire

Comment

THAT is the scariest statement I have seen anyone make because it seems to be very presumptuous.
              I know the sins that have brought evil spirits into my life. And by removing those sins, I also remove the evil spirits. It is all about living a healthy lifestyle. Also, I have found no drug to work, except a short course of the drug named Invega. Peace.

Comment

I agree that the blood of Christ saves, forgives and heals.You are right that medications often only masks the symptoms so that the person can at least function and it can prevents breakdown/relapses.

My friend was 19 and not saved at the time she had a mental breakdown. She lived in psychiatric facilities for several years, transferring from one to another until she was deemed able to live on her own. She came to Christ via a Campus Crusade for Christ meeting when she was in her 30's. She has had both secular and Christian counseling her whole adult life and is currently receiving therapy from a christian counselor at her church. At one point she was seeing a lay counselor at a Pentecostal church who helped her to rebuke what demon(s) may have been harassing her and also to break any generational curses. One pastor told her to stop all meds immediately. That is was demons that were the cause. She never went back to that church.

She is in her sixties now, never married and still struggles with voices and paranoia from time to time. They seem to worsen when she is under stress. Many years ago, someone had prophesied that she would be completely healed. She believed it for a long time, but now thinks this person was a false prophet. She wonders why God doesn't heal her.

I wanted to share her story. I don't believe Christians are immune from mental illnesses.I hope others will post on this thread.

Comment

I know the sins that have brought evil spirits into my life. And by removing those sins, I also remove the evil spirits. It is all about living a healthy lifestyle. Also, I have found no drug to work, except a short course of the drug named Invega. Peace.
                  Christians fight the battles of the spiritual realm from the position of victory in Jesus Christ.

Because our Adversary is a hungry lion seeking to devour the weakest, he is relentless in his pursuit, and will ambush whenever we let down our guard, so I ask you do you read and meditate on the Bible daily?

Titus 2:11-14(NIV)
                  11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

Comment

Christians fight the battles of the spiritual realm from the position of victory in Jesus Christ.

Because our Adversary is a hungry lion seeking to devour the weakest, he is relentless in his pursuit, and will ambush whenever we let down our guard, so I ask you do you read and meditate on the Bible daily?

Titus 2:11-14(NIV)
                    11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.
                    I read and meditate on the word of God daily. To me, prayer, and obedience to God, is the spiritual way of relieving oneself of the attachment to unhealthy creatures.

Comment

Working...
                    X