Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Any Christians who use Cannabidiol? (CBD)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
    Cannabis... who created the herbs? God did, Who created pills and potions and medications with chemicals, MIXED with God's herbs? Fallen Man did!
    They call those who use God's herbs for healing, witches and sorcerers, twisting the truth. And they call men who use man made chemicals, the doctors that heal.
    Yet in the Greek, doctor meant teacher of God's Word, Rabbi which God says His Word(Jesus) is the healer when we apply the Word to our life. Jesus stood amongst the doctors which are teachers of the Law. The only two times the word Doctor is used in the Bible:

Luke 2:46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
    KJV

Luke 5:17 And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power of the Lord was present to heal them.
    KJV
    I am so thankful to have pills and medications made by Big Pharma. It has saved my life to have access to affordable medications, such as Ursodiol for my liver disease. 3 years ago I was on the edge of collapse and critically ill with my liver labs 6 times normal. Now, my labs are within normal range and I take Ursodiol 3X a day for life. Thank you Jesus! My medication is a blessing.

I also take 2 types of high blood pressure medication due to the liver disease affecting my main artery that runs through the liver. I also take Vit D, Calcium, Vit B drops, Metformin (for high blood sugar caused by my liver being unable to process sugars properly), anti-gout medication (again because my liver disease doesn't let my liver process uric acid properly causing horrible foot and leg cramps and swelling of the big toe that is actually crippling) and also taking Colestipol which helps with high cholesterol because of my liver disease, and also resolves IBS symptoms because of the Ursodiol which I must have). On top of this, I take Allegra for allergies (autoimmune), and a pain pill when I have to because of arthritis (also an autoimmune disease). People who have one autoimmune disease usually get more than one autoimmune disease as they attack in clusters.

So I don't care that some people don't like Big Pharma. Without them I would be crippled, probably near death if I hadn't succumbed to stroke from hi blood sugar and hi blood pressure, hi uric acid and hi liver labs, with my mind function gone due to ammonia buildup in the blood.

Big Pharma is a blessing to me. Go smoke your weed and think of yourself as wiser than some others who don't want to smoke weed. I will use the oil however, as I understand it has healing properties.

PS My liver disease (PBC) has a genetic component, detected by blood work AMA+ (positive for Anti-Mitochrondrial Antibody). This means that one of my parents was a carrier, and I have passed it on as well. But usually a virus or some other illness triggers the disease to become active. No one knows the actual cause. I had breast cancer in 2013 which may have triggered it in 2015.
    Cynthia...2 Witnesses knew the events of Damascus Road. Ananias & Judas, Acts 9. Reject Paul? U must reject Luke, Peter 2Pet3:15-18 and Mark, Peter's student. James/John are complicit as well as Matthew.

Comment

Originally posted by Undead View Post
      Same here, regarding nerve blocks, facet injections, nerve burns and trigger point injections.
      As a Christian, do you have any misgivings about using a cannabis-derived product?
      (I personally don't--I'm just curious about other Christians).

My wife (bless her heart, and afterall, she could be right) but she differentiates between HEMP and Pot (whereas me, not so much). They are both technically cannabis.
      I'm currently on Norco, cyclobenzoprene and Meloxicam (Mobic) but they don't help all that much and I hear after prolonged use they can become addictive (Norco at least), not to mention what the acetaminophen does to your liver.

Thanks for your reply.
      I think it is fine to use it, for legitimate purposes. Also there are different varieties of cannibis and some have far more hallucinogenic compounds than others. It isn't the hallucinogenic stuff that effects the pain relief, is it? I am not sure about that. But cannibis oil and seeds do have health benefits.
      "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
      "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
      "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
      "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
      "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

Working...
      X