Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Coconut Oil For Lookin Good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut Oil For Lookin Good

I had a meeting at a physicians group Thursday and found a number of small brochures printed by the practice. In one it was explained why Coconut oil, although a saturated fat, does not create problems like most saturated fats do.

But here is the thing that caught my eye: as a cream or lotion coconut oil (pure oil--white when solid) is the best thing you can use. Anybody know anything about this?
    “The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."-Madison

My daughter thinks it's great as a hair conditioner, but she said it gets a bit smelly if you leave it on too long, so I don't know if it would smell great on your skin--maybe okay for night time.

I just read recently that some people put it in their dogs' food for their itchy skin and coats. Haven't tried it on mine yet.

I have found aloe to be one of the best things for dry skin. It seems to soak in better than some of the other lotions.

It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1 NASB

"True liberty is the ability earned by practice to do the right thing." Oswald Chambers

Comment

Aloe

Originally posted by Sheepdawg View Post
      My daughter thinks it's great as a hair conditioner, but she said it gets a bit smelly if you leave it on too long, so I don't know if it would smell great on your skin--maybe okay for night time.

I just read recently that some people put it in their dogs' food for their itchy skin and coats. Haven't tried it on mine yet.

I have found aloe to be one of the best things for dry skin. It seems to soak in better than some of the other lotions.
      Yeah, I got to say aloe is hard to beat. A lady from my church removed her liver spots with coconut oil, so I thought I'd ask.
      “The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."-Madison

Comment

Originally posted by Maxmus View Post
        I had a meeting at a physicians group Thursday and found a number of small brochures printed by the practice. In one it was explained why Coconut oil, although a saturated fat, does not create problems like most saturated fats do.

But here is the thing that caught my eye: as a cream or lotion coconut oil (pure oil--white when solid) is the best thing you can use. Anybody know anything about this?

I JUST saw this on television on "Dr. Oz"-
        A 50-year-old woman swore by it for facial lotion-
        she looked GREAT!

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by jacki View Post
          I JUST saw this on television on "Dr. Oz"-
          A 50-year-old woman swore by it for facial lotion-
          she looked GREAT!
          My wife uses it too. Works great. Also, in small amounts, a hair conditioner.

Comment

I had a meeting at a physicians group Thursday and found a number of small brochures printed by the practice. In one it was explained why Coconut oil, although a saturated fat, does not create problems like most saturated fats do. But here is the thing that caught my eye: as a cream or lotion coconut oil (pure oil--white when solid) is the best thing you can use. Anybody know anything about this?
            About 1 in 3 who take a therapeutic dose of coconut oil have diarrhea. It will provide energy to your brain when glucose is no longer doing so in cases of dementia but the effects are temporal. There is a shake that is a prescribed supplement that makes use of caprylic acid which is sometimes used to treat dementia. Alzheimer's disease medicines will at times create a difficulty with diarrhea already so it may not be in everyone's best interest to have the shake out the coconut oil (by the way palm oil aids in this way too fit brain energy), which is said to potentially offer slight improvement for maybe eight hours versus makiing the diarrhea worse, off that's possible. Just passing some info along. On a side note, caffeine does improve motor control for a brief period. Perhaps not exactly what you were asking, but nonetheless useful information for some. Nic
            1Co 1:30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,
            1Co 1:31 so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by elizabethsallee View Post
                Thank you.
                You're welcome. I'm titrating Vitamin E by the drop for tolerance. Presently my mom is taking 4 drops placed by a dropper in an empty gelatin capsule. Each drop is about 43 IU's. Mom only tolerated coconut oil for 2 or 3 weeks. Vitamin E can add up to 6 months of independence. Too much leads to hemmorgages. Mom had this when we initially began a 400IU non-synththiuc/day dosage. But the impact was immediate for cognitive improvement yet she complained of daily headaches and within 10 days had a visible bleeder around her eye. I suspect the headaches were caused by bleeders too. We are at 4 drop as and may go to 5 but that will likely be are limit if not 4 drops.
                Last edited by Nic; 11-20-15, 12:03 PM.
                1Co 1:30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,
                1Co 1:31 so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."

Comment

Coconut oil is very good. It has many advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by SatyamHair View Post
                    Coconut oil is very good. It has many advantages.
                    Case by case consideration, coconut oil does have potential problems as I indicated. Additionally it is suspected of having the ability of raising your triglycerides in some or more persons. Not a good thing.

Nic.

Comment

I've been using coconut oil since September. It works great on the hair. I get the Virgin Coconut oil from the baking aisle at Meijer's.

The reason I started using it is I had a rash. It cleared up the rash. I've had no problems using it on my skin.

I also use it to rinse my mouth. You put about a teaspoon in your mouth and it will melt. You put it around and through your teeth and spit it out. Do not swallow it because it kills the bacteria in your mouth. You don't want it in your stomach. I also use it as a diet supplement. It can be used like butter. I put it on cinnamon bread or mix it in my oatmeal.

Nic is right. You have to be careful when you start using it. It could cause diarreha. It can also kill the bad bacteria and good bacteria in your digestive system. This will mean you will have to take probiotics to build up the good bacteria that you need in your system.

I think it is wonderful and inexpensive. It is certainly worth a try but don't go overboard in consumption. If you have too large a bacteria die off you can get ill. I cut and pasted the following from a website, it is easy to google coconut oil for a lot of information

Die off, or a Herxheimer reaction, is the reaction that is thought to happen when toxins from dying pathogens (viruses, bacteria, parasites, candida, etc.) overwhelm the body’s abilities to clear them out. In simple terms, when your body starts getting rid of the bad stuff, toxins, it creates a natural response throughout the body designed to move the bad out quickly. This can look different from person to person. One individual might simply have a runny nose for a day or two while another might have full-blown flu-like symptoms for upwards of a week. Someone else may have an upset stomach for several days while another is firmly planted on the throne, pooping their brains out. (If the latter is you, I hope you have a Squatty Potty handy!) The degree in which you shed toxins will depend on how many toxins you need to get rid of....
                      Mark 9:24 Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,
                      but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” ― Martin Luther

Muretus "Call no man worthless for whom Christ died!"

Comment

Coconut oil is always the best treatment for skin & for hairs also. I am using it since my childhood & it provides my hair nourishment with shiny look. Sometimes I use hair dryers, straightener that always damages hair but after applying coconut oil it feels like it repairs my hairs instantly. Many products I have tried through Rosegal coupons but their coconut oil is flawless.

Comment

I loves me some coconut oil: We buy it to add to our dog's diet to keep her coat shiny, but I use it too (for instance, I will take a few chocolate squares from a Ritter-Sport, and add some solidified coconut oil on it, plus some peanut butter and/or nutella, plus some local honey, plus a dash of cinnamon (I'm the only one I know of that does this, and everyone in my family thinks I'm a little koo-koo) but I think it's DELICIOUS.
                          I think I should have been a Hawaiian--I love Pina Coladas, Pineapple, coconut, almonds, fish, cinnamon, etc.. *sigh* I would love to live in Hawaii.
                          "In faith, there is enough light for those who want to believe, and enough shadows to blind those who don't." -Blaise Pascal

Comment

Go here.

https://healthytraditions.com/tropic...conut-oil.html

http://healthimpactnews.com/?find=Coconut+oil

Comment

Yes they are good,
                              By the way its Pushkar here from: https://www.studyingermany.tk/

Comment

Working...
                              X