Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Marrying a fellow Christian out of charity, what about that?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrying a fellow Christian out of charity, what about that?

Jesus tells us to feed the hungry, visit the sick, bury the dead, etc.

I am a widower, senior citizen male, healthy and active, and modesty aside a good Christian.

My dearly beloved wife passed away beside me in bed, that was over six years ago.

I am at a loss how to find some Christian woman un-attached who will marry me if for no other reason than out of Christian charity.

We can learn to love each other, and serve each other, and no longer be lonely, etc.

Or is there any Christian woman who might need some Christian man to marry her, out of Christian charity - of course from human love, that is also okay with me.

I have resources.

Yrger
    language that is meaningless or is made unintelligible by excessive use of abstruse technical terms; nonsense: gibberish, claptrap, rubbish, balderdash, blather, garbage... Courtesy of google

So, I am still waiting for some Christian to undertake a deed of charity to me, or for me to do a deed of charity to.

Paging non-Christians, what about you non-Christians, can you be the good Samaritan of the Gospel: will you do a good deed to me, or let me do a good deed to you?
    language that is meaningless or is made unintelligible by excessive use of abstruse technical terms; nonsense: gibberish, claptrap, rubbish, balderdash, blather, garbage... Courtesy of google

Comment

Originally posted by yrger View Post
      So, I am still waiting for some Christian to undertake a deed of charity to me, or for me to do a deed of charity to.

Paging non-Christians, what about you non-Christians, can you be the good Samaritan of the Gospel: will you do a good deed to me, or let me do a good deed to you?
      If you are a good Christian, why would you appeal to a non-Christian to marry you? That's not right.

Comment

Originally posted by Acts1711 View Post

If you are a good Christian, why would you appeal to a non-Christian to marry you? That's not right.
        What about it is God's command to meet with non-Christians, so that we get the good God-provided opportunity to gain him or her to become a follower of Jesus Christ, the God-made-man savior of mankind?

\
        \

Comment

I am a widower, senior citizen male, healthy and active, and modesty aside a good Christian.

My dearly beloved wife passed away beside me in bed, that was over six years ago.

I am at a loss how to find some Christian woman un-attached who will marry me if for no other reason than out of Christian charity.

We can learn to love each other, and serve each other, and no longer be lonely, etc.

Or is there any Christian woman who might need some Christian man to marry her, out of Christian charity - of course from human love, that is also okay with me.

I have resources.

Yrger
          Perhaps you could look up old friends. Someone who is widowed . Lots of seniors do this. An old friend would make a better companion.
          Learn to expect the impossible, expect the unusual, and expect the miraculous, because that is where God works.

Comment

Thanks for your advice, I have been to my resources employing all ways and means to get to meet a woman who is Christian, and amenable to undertake a deed of charity by marrying me.

Well, perhaps, what do you say, can you offer some prayer for me, if not help me by introducing me to free Christian women who are devout in the works of mercy?

On the other hand, I am also awaiting some Christian woman who is in need of a man to marry her, for the love of God and Jesus, and of course most important for her, a man to love and serve her, and she me.

It seems that Christians don't give attention to old folks, only to everyone else, even non-Christians, to help them like visiting them when sick or dying or in prison, but what about old folks who just need some human company?

What about you, dear Christina friend, do you have any concern for old folks who are in search for company from a fellow Christian, company as with a lifetime partner, for the remainder of them both's years?

Do you have a ministry for old folks in your church, or how do the pastor or priest and the visibly active members of the church concern themselves with old folks?

Comment

I'm wondering why you think it would take 'an act of charity' for someone to be a companion for you. Perhaps that's kind of an off-putting approach to women. Have you tried just being a friend, showing interest, old fashioned courting? I'm sure you have a lot to offer someone who also has a lot to offer you. But it works out best if you develop a friendship first.
              ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
              ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
              ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

I have resources.

Yrger
                I'd advise against it, simply on the basis of modern divorce law. If she cheats on you, decides to leave you for another man, she can take half your stuff, and get alimony for life. So its a bad move for you legality and financial liability-wise, especially with women being as promiscuous and lacking in morals, and as into feminism as they are today.

Comment

Working...
                X