Marry people with different theological beliefs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marry people with different theological beliefs

Do you think it's good to marry someone with a different theological faith? I heard the pastor say that for those who believe that women should not be pastors, it’s bad to marry a man who believes that a woman pastor is not mistaken, this is a bad idea. I have friends of Protestants who married Catholic women. This is bad? I mean, on each theological issue, two people cannot agree.

Blessings.

Originally posted by Scribner View Post
    Do you think it's good to marry someone with a different theological faith? I heard the pastor say that for those who believe that women should not be pastors, itís bad to marry a man who believes that a woman pastor is not mistaken, this is a bad idea. I have friends of Protestants who married Catholic women. This is bad? I mean, on each theological issue, two people cannot agree.

Blessings.
    My Mother (P) and Father (C) solved the Catholic Protestant issue by being neither. Their marriage only lasted 62 years (when Mom died). I'm a Catholic by Baptism, and A Born Again Christian by FAITH.

Comment

If it were two denominations of the same religion, I assume that if they can respect each other's beliefs - really respect, not just be polite about it - then they can get along. If they were of two different religions, though, I think that would be too complicated. There'd be too much tension in-house. I've heard many such stories. I think the main issue, really, is to make sure the kids don't get mixed-messages.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

My Mother (P) and Father (C) solved the Catholic Protestant issue by being neither. Their marriage only lasted 62 years (when Mom died). I'm a Catholic by Baptism, and A Born Again Christian by FAITH.
        Only 62 years? nt
        "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
        "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
        “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
        "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
        "If the truth hurts--then it is working."--anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

Only 62 years? nt
          We'd visit various churches, and I liked the Catholic service because there was a lot going on all the time, folks in dresses milling around up on the stage, it was much shorter, and they rang a little bell toward the end to let you know it was almost over (what's an 8 year old kid know???).

My wife and I just celebrated 54 years (Married in '65).

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

62 Yearsss!!! Oh my lord! God blessing is always there.

Comment

Originally posted by Harel13 View Post
              If it were two denominations of the same religion, I assume that if they can respect each other's beliefs - really respect, not just be polite about it - then they can get along. If they were of two different religions, though, I think that would be too complicated. There'd be too much tension in-house. I've heard many such stories. I think the main issue, really, is to make sure the kids don't get mixed-messages.
              Agreed!

Comment

Unbelievers are not to marry unbelievers because they might turn their heart away from God... to serve other god's as king Solomon did, per 1 Kings 11:1-6.
                They profess that they know God; but in works they DENY [Him], being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
                Titus 1:16

Comment

Originally posted by Sower View Post
                  Unbelievers are not to marry unbelievers because they might turn their heart away from God... to serve other god's as king Solomon did, per 1 Kings 11:1-6.
                  Correction: Believers (not, unbelievers) are not to marry unbelievers...
                  They profess that they know God; but in works they DENY [Him], being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
                  Titus 1:16

Comment

Working...
                  X