Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atheist father - can't go to Church

Hi,

I have an Atheist father. My mum is a Christian. I started going to Church when I was three. My mum started going when she took me to a toddler group there, and she met some friends who went to the Church. My dad is worried that I am going to alienate myself by my belief - despite the fact I've told him that most of my friends are Christian, and that the Bible is the world's best selling book. He's basically calling me and other Christians "stupid" for believing that "God waved a magic wand and the world was created in 7 days" and that "we don't need religion any more because of science". That's rubbish. If we ever go to church, which is rare these days, he'll have a big argument with my mum. In fact, he blamed her for "drilling it into me and taking me there at such a young age". I know nowhere in the Bible says you have to go to Church, but I love going to Church, I really want to be Baptised actually. My best friend goes there too. How can I get him to let me go to Church? He got really mad when he found out I had a blog about Christianity. I have tried praying obviously.

All help appreciated,

Alex

Originally posted by youngChristian12 View Post
    Hi,

I have an Atheist father. My mum is a Christian. I started going to Church when I was three. My mum started going when she took me to a toddler group there, and she met some friends who went to the Church. My dad is worried that I am going to alienate myself by my belief - despite the fact I've told him that most of my friends are Christian, and that the Bible is the world's best selling book. He's basically calling me and other Christians "stupid" for believing that "God waved a magic wand and the world was created in 7 days" and that "we don't need religion any more because of science". That's rubbish. If we ever go to church, which is rare these days, he'll have a big argument with my mum. In fact, he blamed her for "drilling it into me and taking me there at such a young age". I know nowhere in the Bible says you have to go to Church, but I love going to Church, I really want to be Baptised actually. My best friend goes there too. How can I get him to let me go to Church? He got really mad when he found out I had a blog about Christianity. I have tried praying obviously.

All help appreciated,

Alex

- - - I will pray that God will make a way for you. God wants you to be baptized and to go to church, so you're in the center of His will. If it doesn't happen soon, just keep heads up and read the Bible. Your Christian life may be the only Bible that he will ever read and it will have more influence on him than anything that you or your mum can say.

Comment

Working...
    X