Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Show Kindness To Animals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Kindness To Animals

I was raised in a time and in an area of the country where many men considered it manly to kill animals just for the sake of killing them. They called doing that "sport." And they taught the young boys, as they grew up, to do the same thing. They explained that killing animals was merely we humans "exercising our dominion" as they put it.

The results was a lot of unnecessary killing of animals (and birds) just for the sake of killing them. "Road kills" counted too. Many back then would speed up in order to "score a point" on all critters crossing the road and even score points on stray dogs and cats too.

I now see all that as wrongdoing and outright sin.

Its a blessings how the Lord changes the heart and makes us wiser and better as we read His word and get to know Him better. I found myself braking the other day so I would not hit a young squirrel that had just dashed in front of my truck. I am glad I did that.

I will never again cause any animal death or pain just for the sake of killing the animal.

I read in the newspaper where they closed that disgraceful Ringling Brothers Elephant Show. Good. It was very painful for the elephants. I have read how they "trained" the elephants to do all their tricks and performances and the "training" involved intense pain for the elephants while they were forced to go through their routines.

No, I am not against hunting animals for food. I am against killing them only "for sport" and against killing them "just for the sake of killing them."

No, I am not a pacifist. I believe some wars are justified, for example WW II. But I believe killing and mangling up human bodies in wars ought to be the very last resort after all other solutions have been totally exhausted. "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of God", said the Lord Jesus. That means exactly what it says.

On another subject:
    "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal." Proverbs 12:10
    "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" (Eph. 2:8)

Originally posted by JAG View Post
    I was raised in a time and in an area of the country where many men considered it manly to kill animals just for the sake of killing them. They called doing that "sport." And they taught the young boys, as they grew up, to do the same thing. They explained that killing animals was merely we humans "exercising our dominion" as they put it.

The results was a lot of unnecessary killing of animals (and birds) just for the sake of killing them. "Road kills" counted too. Many back then would speed up in order to "score a point" on all critters crossing the road and even score points on stray dogs and cats too.

Its a blessings how the Lord changes the heart and makes us wiser and better as we read His word and get to know Him better. I found myself braking the other day so I would not hit a young squirrel that had just dashed in front of my truck. I am glad I did that.

I will never again cause any animal death or pain just for the sake of killing the animal.

I read in the newspaper where they closed that disgraceful Ringling Brothers Elephant Show. Good. It was very painful for the elephants. I have read how they "trained" the elephants to do all their tricks and performances and the "training" involved intense pain for the elephants while they were forced to go through their routines.

No, I am not against hunting animals for food. I am against killing them only "for sport" and against killing them "just for the sake of killing them."

No, I am not a pacifist. I believe some wars are justified, for example WW II. But I believe killing and mangling up human bodies in wars ought to be the very last resort after all other solutions have been totally exhausted. "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of God", said the Lord Jesus. That means exactly what it says.

On another subject:

Wonder why so many care less for the unborn little inocent human baby??

Comment

Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
      Wonder why so many care less for the unborn little inocent human baby??
      That's a very pertinent question to ask and a good point to make. We need to show kindness to the unborn babies too and not have them killed. I am for life, not for killing.

There is enough death and killing and hurt in the world as it is, without humans deliberately causing more death and hurt to be inflicted upon humans and animals.

We ought to make killing as rare as is humanly possible. Sometimes, for example, wars cannot be avoided because some men (and nations) refuse to listen to reason.

Sad world.

Btw, wars have only provided temporary solutions to human problems (eg. WW II got rid of Hitler) but wars have never been the solution to the problems that have plagued human beings for thousands of years. Only the gospel of the Lord Jesus can be the permanent solution to human problems.

Btw Hitler was soon replaced by other tyrants that became mass murderers.

Then add that ongoing mess in the Middle East, a mess that seems to never end, and appears to be militarily insoluble. Time will tell about that, but don't bet to heavily that there is a military solution, that will actually be implemented, to the mess in the Middle East.

Lets stop killing the unborn. Lets pray that human beings will choose life and love, not death and killing.
      Last edited by JAG; 05-25-16, 09:11 PM.
      "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" (Eph. 2:8)

Comment

On another subject:
        Actually, if we think it cruel to train elephants, killer whales and keep them in captivity, rather they are being well fed and taken care of, Then how is it not cruel to keep birds in cages, dogs and cats in homes where who knows the treatment of those animals?

How about the zoos(personally I love the zoo and sea world) where we love to go look at the animals God has created, up close, so we keep the lions, antelope, monkeys, seals, birds, snakes, bears etc... all locked up? I do not see a problem with this as long as they are well taken care of, yet does God? I am not sure.
        They miss out on all of their natural instincts for survival, but who knows if God has given them a place of peace and rest and no toil when we are good to them in captivity.
        I do not agree with pet worship such as them being treated as companions over our own spouses or children, this is perversion. They are not humans and should not be clothed, or given regal burials or preference over man, beauty parlors, given rights to sit in shopping carts, on planes, or restaurants or the like, for they are beasts not man.

We think more highly of animals then we do children. We are appalled to hear of a pregnant animal or a litter of puppies or kittens being destroyed and want to hang the undesirable who did this, but then turn and fight for the right to destroy unborn babies as a choice that should be left up to the mother, and not recognize it to her shame,one who would consider such barbaric action towards their own flesh and blood and on the one who would be willing to be persuaded with money to perform the ungodly deed.
        God created the animals and we should never harm them just for sport or as a fun thing to do, which is really demented minds. But certainly they should never be considered more sacred than man.
        The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Comment

You made some interesting points and thanks for taking the time to reply to my opening post.

I agree with a lot of your points and they were helpful.
          Last edited by JAG; 05-26-16, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I cannot understand people who make animals suffer...

Comment

I cannot understand people who make people suffer.

Comment

I cannot understand people who make people suffer.
                hehe agree!

Comment

Liberals cry don't kill a baby seal but killing 60 million little babies and the liberal sheds not even one tear!!! Something very very wrong with their "thinking"!!!

Comment

On another subject:
                    Can't agree more with your conclusion. But I've been around folks for multiple decades who couldn't care less about the suffering of animals....and in fact, seem to enjoy killing them...and I've never heard a single person say we humans are "exercising our dominion" when they do it. They just say they enjoy "hunting", or they need to eat...or the animals are a nuisance....or if they are urbane, they just shrug it off (and it's pretty appalling to me how many televised segments show people laughing at animals being hurt. Shep Smith replayed a billion times a scene of a tranquilized bear bouncing off a trampoline and onto its snout, as just one example of what he finds amusing.)

God's first global judgment (the Noahic flood) came as a consequence of His looking down and seeing that "all flesh" had become violent. God cares about animals as well as about people. Before the creation of Eve, God presented Adam with animals as companions. They are not for our exploitation, but as aids for development in conformity to the heart of God.

However....God also decreed that animals would now be food for people consequent to the Noahic flood, so there is no reason for Christians to become vegan....unless we want to do so. Personally, the Edenic menu is becoming more appealing by the day. There is too much suffering in this world already.
                    "For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His...." 2 Chronicles 16:9 NASB

Comment

So many love animals but what about 60 million little innocent babies killed??? Abortion!!

Comment

So many love animals but what about 60 million little innocent babies killed??? Abortion!!
                        In your case, much more study is required!

harry

Comment

It's entirely possible to care deeply about both.
                          "For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His...." 2 Chronicles 16:9 NASB

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post

In your case, much more study is required!

harry
                            That's an interesting answer!! what would you study??

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

That's an interesting answer!! what would you study??
                              The book of love!

I think my dog is very aware of love and devotion!

harry

Comment

Working...
                              X