Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Show Kindness To Animals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JAG
    started a topic Show Kindness To Animals

Show Kindness To Animals

I was raised in a time and in an area of the country where many men considered it manly to kill animals just for the sake of killing them. They called doing that "sport." And they taught the young boys, as they grew up, to do the same thing. They explained that killing animals was merely we humans "exercising our dominion" as they put it.

The results was a lot of unnecessary killing of animals (and birds) just for the sake of killing them. "Road kills" counted too. Many back then would speed up in order to "score a point" on all critters crossing the road and even score points on stray dogs and cats too.

I now see all that as wrongdoing and outright sin.

Its a blessings how the Lord changes the heart and makes us wiser and better as we read His word and get to know Him better. I found myself braking the other day so I would not hit a young squirrel that had just dashed in front of my truck. I am glad I did that.

I will never again cause any animal death or pain just for the sake of killing the animal.

I read in the newspaper where they closed that disgraceful Ringling Brothers Elephant Show. Good. It was very painful for the elephants. I have read how they "trained" the elephants to do all their tricks and performances and the "training" involved intense pain for the elephants while they were forced to go through their routines.

No, I am not against hunting animals for food. I am against killing them only "for sport" and against killing them "just for the sake of killing them."

No, I am not a pacifist. I believe some wars are justified, for example WW II. But I believe killing and mangling up human bodies in wars ought to be the very last resort after all other solutions have been totally exhausted. "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of God", said the Lord Jesus. That means exactly what it says.

On another subject:
    "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal." Proverbs 12:10

• GISMYS
    replied

So many love animals but what about 60 million little innocent babies killed??? Abortion!! Why not show kindness and love for your own child first then to animals second as they are not equal!!??

Leave a comment:

• RDrisk5150
    replied
    I have been trying to find out why hunters hunt. I have asked several and mostly get the "It's great to be out in nature" answer. I don't have a problem with someone hunting to put food on the table (although it still needs to be a somber activity, not a blood lust fueled quest), but I don't understand the appeal of simply killing something because it's there. I am looking for a civil discussion, with hunters and non-hunters. Would appreciate any comments. Thank you.
    Also, looking to discuss the Biblical view on hunting, if anyone would care to discuss.
    Yours in Christ,
    Robert

Leave a comment:

• Bonnie
    replied
    Originally posted by JAG View Post

I thought sure my comment would be clear
    to you.

There was not the slighted intent on my part to
    insult you, nor men with high testosterone.

The insult was directed at men who think that
    people who do not enjoy killing animals just
    for the sake of killing them, are somehow "gay."

My husband could never be a hunter. He doesn't see killing just for trophy hunting or just for sport as "masculine". He does like to fish and so do I, but we eat what we catch. And he most definitely is NOT gay.

My father-in-law's father once sent him out to go duck hunting, when he was in his early teens. This was in upstate Maine, where hunting is really big, for sport and for food. After my father-in-law came back, his dad asked him if he had shot anything. He responded "I couldn't shoot any ducks. They are just too pretty!"

And he most certainly was NOT gay, either--just sensitive. They didn't need the ducks for food. I don't like duck, and would only eat it if I were really hungry and nothing else was available.

Leave a comment:

• JAG
    replied
    Originally posted by Undead View Post
    Not sure if you were intending to insult me, or men with high testosterone--but like winnie the poo says: "no bother"
    I thought sure my comment would be clear
    to you.

There was not the slighted intent on my part to
    insult you, nor men with high testosterone.

The insult was directed at men who think that
    people who do not enjoy killing animals just
    for the sake of killing them, are somehow "gay."

Leave a comment:

• Undead
    replied
    Not sure if you were intending to insult me, or men with high testosterone--but like winnie the poo says: "no bother"

Leave a comment:

• JAG
    replied
    Originally posted by Undead View Post

Men with high testosterone equate men who are against fighting and against killing of animals as "gay".
    Or men with low intelligence. Or maybe better to say: men with zero wisdom and common sense.

Leave a comment:

• GISMYS
    replied
    Who loves animals more than the little innocent unborn baby??? 60+million killed for what reason??

Leave a comment:

• Undead
    replied
    Originally posted by JAG View Post
    I was raised in a time and in an area of the country where many men considered it manly to kill animals just for the sake of killing them. They called doing that "sport." And they taught the young boys, as they grew up, to do the same thing. They explained that killing animals was merely we humans "exercising our dominion" as they put it.

The results was a lot of unnecessary killing of animals (and birds) just for the sake of killing them. "Road kills" counted too. Many back then would speed up in order to "score a point" on all critters crossing the road and even score points on stray dogs and cats too.

I now see all that as wrongdoing and outright sin.

Its a blessings how the Lord changes the heart and makes us wiser and better as we read His word and get to know Him better. I found myself braking the other day so I would not hit a young squirrel that had just dashed in front of my truck. I am glad I did that.

I will never again cause any animal death or pain just for the sake of killing the animal.

I read in the newspaper where they closed that disgraceful Ringling Brothers Elephant Show. Good. It was very painful for the elephants. I have read how they "trained" the elephants to do all their tricks and performances and the "training" involved intense pain for the elephants while they were forced to go through their routines.

No, I am not against hunting animals for food. I am against killing them only "for sport" and against killing them "just for the sake of killing them."

No, I am not a pacifist. I believe some wars are justified, for example WW II. But I believe killing and mangling up human bodies in wars ought to be the very last resort after all other solutions have been totally exhausted. "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of God", said the Lord Jesus. That means exactly what it says.

On another subject:
    "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal." Proverbs 12:10
    I agree with this post.
    My father took me hunting just one time (I only saw him about 5 times in my whole life) and I couldn't believe what we were doing. Killing birds just to watch their feathers explode into a poof. No intention of eating them, just blowing stuff up.
    I hated it, and he, therefore thought I was gay.

Men with high testosterone equate men who are against fighting and against killing of animals as "gay".
    My wife of 27 years can attest, I am very non-gay.

I don't really understand hunters who hunt, and then go to the grocery store to buy their food. One or the other pal...

Leave a comment:

• christdependent
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkSC View Post

I cannot understand animals who make people suffer, so I don't swim with sharks or crocodiles!

Actually the Bible makes it clear why such things are so. I also strongly agree with the points you make about the wanton murder of unborn babies. The strange part is that humans have the capacity to justify nearly anything. Nowadays the push is on to terminate the lives of the elderly or sick because of convenience. It is a sick sinful world.
    It's the communitarianism mindset, in which those who are not "productive" members of the herd are best eliminated. This is the natural conclusion of the evolutionist religious doctrine, and it's also one that has been embraced by pagan societies throughout history. The eskimo tradition, for example, of sending their elderly out to die on drifting icebergs. For the good of the group, you know.....

The Fabian Society openly embraces the concept of killing off the elderly, and of course, this is the standard excuse for aborting unborn babies who are considered "defective" or "inconvenient" for their mothers....never mind the dads.

Leave a comment:

• MarkSC
    replied
    Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
    I cannot understand people who make people suffer.
    I cannot understand animals who make people suffer, so I don't swim with sharks or crocodiles!

Actually the Bible makes it clear why such things are so. I also strongly agree with the points you make about the wanton murder of unborn babies. The strange part is that humans have the capacity to justify nearly anything. Nowadays the push is on to terminate the lives of the elderly or sick because of convenience. It is a sick sinful world.

Leave a comment:

• harry
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

But what does it have to say about murdering Babies??? My Papillon, and my French Bull seem to be happy with their lot in life, and my kids didn't murder their Babies, and so I have grandchildren. So what's to "Study"?
    We can usually go to the Bible for the answer, rather than wise men, who may confuse the issue.

The Bible explains it in detail.
    Genesis 2:7King James Version (KJV)

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

harry

Leave a comment:

• Bob Carabbio
    replied
    Originally posted by harry View Post

The book of love!

I think my dog is very aware of love and devotion!

harry
    But what does it have to say about murdering Babies??? My Papillon, and my French Bull seem to be happy with their lot in life, and my kids didn't murder their Babies, and so I have grandchildren. So what's to "Study"?

Leave a comment:

• GISMYS
    replied
    Yes!!! Liberals have big tears for baby seals and spotted owls but so few tears for 60 million little innocent human babies murdered!!! =Abortion!!

Leave a comment:

• harry
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

That's an interesting answer!! what would you study??
    The book of love!

I think my dog is very aware of love and devotion!

harry

Leave a comment:

Working...
X