Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What book are you currently reading ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am, like another on here is, reading several books simultaneously:

1. Handbook of Christian Apologetics by Peter Kreeft and Ronald Tacelli
    2. No Excuses! by Brian Tracy
    3. The Bible, cover to cover like a novel
    4. Always "Morning & Evening" by C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

1. The Twilight of Atheism by Alister McGrath

2. The Resurrection of Jesus by Michael R. Licona

3. The Mystery of the Last Supper by Colin J. Humphreys

4. Heresy by Alister McGrath

Comment

i have been reading the case for christ by lee stobel. its a good starter point into apologetics for someone with little exposure like me.

Comment

Originally posted by starnes2013 View Post
          i have been reading the case for christ by lee stobel. its a good starter point into apologetics for someone with little exposure like me.
          full title the case for christ: a journalists personal investigation.( I forgot that he wrote several books of the same format)

Comment

I just ordered Licona's book on the Resurrection and also ordered his mentors book The Case for the Resurrection by Habernas.
            Originally posted by Scott the Scot View Post
            1. The Twilight of Atheism by Alister McGrath

2. The Resurrection of Jesus by Michael R. Licona

3. The Mystery of the Last Supper by Colin J. Humphreys

4. Heresy by Alister McGrath
            His true identity as both Lord (κύριος used by the LXX to translate Yahweh) and God (θεός used by the LXX to translate Elohim)netbible John 20:28[In John's writings] Of the approximately 70 instances in which ουτος has a personal referent, as many as 44 of them (almost 2/3) refer to the Son. Of the remainder most imply some sort of positive connection with the Son.What is most significant is that NEVER is the Father the referent. 1 John 5:20, Wallace

Comment

Putting Jesus In His Place by Rob Bowman Jr and J. Ed Komoszewski.
              Breeze ><>

Saved by Grace...Kept by Grace...and one day I'll be delivered by Grace!

Comment

Originally posted by Jude1:3 View Post
                I'm currently reading, "Christian History Made Easy" by : Timothy Paul Jones, PhD.

You have to be a super member to post pictures right ? Maybe I'll become a super member so I can post a picture of this book.
                Amos and 'Great Cloud of Witnesses' by E.W. Bullinger.
                The first thing a preacher needs to learn how to do is preach Jesus Christ and him crucified!!

Now, if you can get that down then you can go on. Don't try to get mysterious too soon!!
                Let the mysteries go! Just preach Christ Jesus and him crucified.

Unto the Jews a stumbling block... we don't want that!!
                Unto the Greeks foolishness, but unto those that are called... that's a good sign that you are called.

You can preach Christ Jesus and him crucified!

Comment

Bible constantly with different translations all over the house. They will soon be joined by a copy of the Koran I'm borrowing from library Felt it was important to to least read the thing if I want to respond with some understanding to the unusual amount of people around me that want to talk about it.

I also read Mathew Henry commentaries. I'm also going slowly through "Spiritual Avalanche"by Steve Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Anita View Post
                    Bible constantly with different translations all over the house. They will soon be joined by a copy of the Koran I'm borrowing from library Felt it was important to to least read the thing if I want to respond with some understanding to the unusual amount of people around me that want to talk about it.

I also read Mathew Henry commentaries. I'm also going slowly through "Spiritual Avalanche"by Steve Hill.
                    I read portions of the Koran before. In summary it teaches that if you want God to like you, do such and such.
                    The first thing a preacher needs to learn how to do is preach Jesus Christ and him crucified!!

Now, if you can get that down then you can go on. Don't try to get mysterious too soon!!
                    Let the mysteries go! Just preach Christ Jesus and him crucified.

Unto the Jews a stumbling block... we don't want that!!
                    Unto the Greeks foolishness, but unto those that are called... that's a good sign that you are called.

You can preach Christ Jesus and him crucified!

Comment

A great book, one of my favorites !!
                      Originally posted by Breeze View Post
                      Putting Jesus In His Place by Rob Bowman Jr and J. Ed Komoszewski.
                      His true identity as both Lord (κύριος used by the LXX to translate Yahweh) and God (θεός used by the LXX to translate Elohim)netbible John 20:28[In John's writings] Of the approximately 70 instances in which ουτος has a personal referent, as many as 44 of them (almost 2/3) refer to the Son. Of the remainder most imply some sort of positive connection with the Son.What is most significant is that NEVER is the Father the referent. 1 John 5:20, Wallace

Comment

The Glory of Heaven by John MacArthur
                        One Perfect Life by John MacArthur
                        Improving your serve by Chuck Swindoll

One Perfect Life is a great book. Glory of Heaven is okay. Some chapters are realllllly good but he kind of rails against other books a little too much. He isnt speaking falsely but when I feel he's made strong rebukes using truth, which are adequate enough, he keeps going.... .. 'One Perfect Life' should be in everyone's library. No joke.

Swindoll's book is great. I appreciate his honesty, its funny and I will be reading his book 'Christian Life' after Im done with MacArthur's. I like to read several books in the same time period..
                        Last edited by Charlie; 06-16-13, 03:58 AM.
                        Sometimes people want a complex answer to the hard questions to satisfy intellectuality. Jesus is Lord is the simple, beautiful truth.

Comment

Exodus.

For a while I enjoyed sci-fi, and fantasy books but OT KJV in the Bible are not only infinitely more epic but truth!

Comment

So hard for me to keep up with good Christian books, since Scripture has been so time consuming these days.

Comment

So hard for me to keep up with good Christian books, since Scripture has been so time consuming these days.

Comment

2 of my favorite modern authors and I have a library full of their books. Great choices ! !!
                                Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                                The Glory of Heaven by John MacArthur
                                One Perfect Life by John MacArthur
                                Improving your serve by Chuck Swindoll

One Perfect Life is a great book. Glory of Heaven is okay. Some chapters are realllllly good but he kind of rails against other books a little too much. He isnt speaking falsely but when I feel he's made strong rebukes using truth, which are adequate enough, he keeps going.... .. 'One Perfect Life' should be in everyone's library. No joke.

Swindoll's book is great. I appreciate his honesty, its funny and I will be reading his book 'Christian Life' after Im done with MacArthur's. I like to read several books in the same time period..

Comment

Working...
                                X