What book are you currently reading ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jude1:3
    started a topic What book are you currently reading ?

I'm currently reading, "Christian History Made Easy" by : Timothy Paul Jones, PhD.

You have to be a super member to post pictures right ? Maybe I'll become a super member so I can post a picture of this book.

• boldirishlass
    replied
    Jihadist Psychopath: How He Is Charming, Seducing, and Devouring Us, by Jamie Glazov

Leave a comment:

• greatdivide46
    replied
    A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller, Jr.

Leave a comment:

• BornAgainRN
    replied
    Why Protestant Bibles Are Smaller by Steve Christie

Leave a comment:

• greatdivide46
    replied
    Open Veins a short story by Simon Ings in The Year's Best Science Fiction: Fifteenth Annual Collection edited by Gardner Dozois.

Leave a comment:

• Washedluminary
    replied
    I am currently reading to books
    1. jesus's sermon on the Mount & his confrontation with the world: a study of Matthew 5-10 by D.A. Carson

2. Kingdom Come: the millennial alternative by Sam Storms

Leave a comment:

• Bob Carabbio
    replied
    Originally posted by Jude1:3 View Post
    No book at all.

Leave a comment:

• greatdivide46
    replied
    A Popular Survey of the New Testament by Norman L. Geisler and Nevermore a short story by Ian R. MacLeod

Leave a comment:

• mosser
    replied
    I hope it's alright for a newbie to resuscitate inactive threads. I am reading two books at the moment. The first one is Haruki Murakami's Kafka on the Shore (2002). It's been a week since I started, and I haven't been able to devote enough time. A very contemplative book, and it draws heavily from Greek thought. It also draws from Hegel's phenomenology and Japanese myths. It is a melting pot of references, and some may find it too loopy. The book, however, is eccentric enough without becoming distasteful, thankfully.
    The second one is American Grace: How Religion Divides and Unites Us (10th Edition) by Robert D. Putnam. It explores typical concerns: whether the public sphere should be strictly secular, religion's place in the public sphere, and whether the demand for a secular public sphere borders on the fundamentalist approach. It is quite though-provoking, to be frank.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Carabbio
    replied
    I'm currently reading, "Christian History Made Easy" by : Timothy Paul Jones, PhD.
    I'm currently reading the ETEL Motion Technology AccurET Modular Position Controller Operation and Software Manual. The plot is a bit thin, but still necessary to get through.

Leave a comment:

• greatdivide46
    replied
    The Man Code: Keys to Unlocking a Balanced Life by Dr. Dennis Swanberg with Ron Smith.

When it comes to the most important relationship of all, the relationship that each of us chooses to establish with God, most of us are quick to avoid transparency in that relationship, too. And that's where the MANCODE comes in.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Carabbio
    replied
    Machinery's handbook (23rd edition).

Leave a comment:

• greatdivide46
    replied
    Jesus the Messiah: A Survey of the Life of Christ by Robert H. Stein.

Leave a comment:

• greatdivide46
    replied
    Victory in Spiritual Warfare: Field Guide for Battle byTony Evans

Leave a comment:

• Mike McK
    replied
    Reading "The Thing" by Chesterton and "But Enough About Me" by Burt Reynolds.

The Thing is Chesterton's defense of his conversion to Catholicism. While, as a Christian, I certainly don't agree with that, in his defense, he also makes a brilliant defense of Christianity, which Catholics consider themselves part of and "Chesterton's Fence", a logical exercise he introduces in the book is a great exercise for our children.

The Burt Reynolds book is a typical Hollywood memoir, but is interesting to me, because he grew up a few minutes from where we live now and it's interesting to learn what it was like here in the 40s and 50s.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X