What book are you currently reading ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What book are you currently reading ?

I'm currently reading, "Christian History Made Easy" by : Timothy Paul Jones, PhD.

You have to be a super member to post pictures right ? Maybe I'll become a super member so I can post a picture of this book.

The Gospel's Power and Message by Paul Washer
    http://www.amazon.com/Gospels-Power-.../dp/1601781954

Comment

Originally posted by Jude1:3 View Post
      I'm currently reading, "Christian History Made Easy" by : Timothy Paul Jones, PhD.

You have to be a super member to post pictures right ? Maybe I'll become a super member so I can post a picture of this book.
      Of course, I try to read a bit of the Bible (NASB) every day. Currently reading John. Other than that
      1. The Book of Enoch
      2. 2013: Beyond Armageddon by Robert Ryan
      3. Poseidon's Arrow by Clive Cussler (Haven't started that one yet...but will be soon)

Yes..I have that nasty habit. I often read a couple books simultaneously.
      For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will suffice. Unknowm Author

"That's Nice" Agnes Brown

ďItís the Holy Spiritís job to convict, Godís job to judge, and itís my job to love.Ē

Comment

Originally posted by dale1257 View Post

Yes..I have that nasty habit. I often read a couple books simultaneously.

I do that too. LOL

Comment

I recommend "Understanding Prayer, Faith and God's Word", the book that say it as it is. It does NOT say that God answer prayer if you pray right. Instead it discuss wrong notions we have about prayer and God's will. What it discussed can be seen and applied. Like a compass, it strengthen faith with knowledge. Currently available from Tate Publishing.

Comment

Not any but i need to get into my bible more.
            1st Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
            5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
            6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
            7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

"Growing a beard Ďis a habit most natural, scriptural, manly, and beneficial."
            -Charles Spurgeon.

Comment

I just started reading "Tactics: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions" by: Greg Koukl

Comment

The Corporate View of Election - A Remonstrance of Calvinism, Arminianism, and Covenant Theology by Dr. Lance T. Ketchum.
                Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word. So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word. (Ps. 119:41-42)

Comment

"Understanding Prayer, Faith and God's Will" available from Tate publishing. looks at real-life problems that we face in prayer, as well as seeking God's will. It then present biblical truths not realized bef...ore - truths that we can see and apply in our human journey. By clarifying wrong notions about prayer and Godís will. it will change the way you see Ė and seek Ė Godís will. When faith is strengthened by knowledge and understanding, we will go on to pray and serve God with conviction.

There are 12 chapters in this book:
                  1. Inner Doubts
                  2. What does the Bible mean?
                  3. Prayer: What did Jesus Intend to tell us?
                  4. "Why doesn't God answer more prayers?"
                  5. To Pray Again
                  6. Does Sin impede prayer?
                  7. Faith in God
                  8. How does God call people?
                  9. Understanding God's Will
                  10 Being in God's will
                  11 Journey of the Bible
                  12 Reading the Scripture Fruitfully

It will be released 2013 Feb 12, but is available by order from Tate Publishing.

Comment

Am currently reading E-book - Fox's Book of Martyrs - I find the stories to be of particular encouragement. One truth no one on earth can dispute is each of us will die, provided the Lord Jesus Christ does not return. I really like this book because it helps me understand at a deep level how to become "bullet proof".

Once my heart is steadfast upon HIM it makes no difference the bullets, because my "life" is not about here it is about what happens after the "here" is gone.

Am new and posted beneath another but intended on this post be in the main tree. Have looked but can't find a way to change where my post should be.
                    Last edited by IfMyPeople; 01-15-13, 06:21 PM. Reason: Am new and posted beneath another but intended on this post be in the main tree. Have looked but can't find a way to change where my post should be.

Comment

Reflections on the gospel of John by Morris. I also have his commentary on Johns gospel.
                      His true identity as both Lord (κύριος used by the LXX to translate Yahweh) and God (θεός used by the LXX to translate Elohim)netbible John 20:28[In John's writings] Of the approximately 70 instances in which ουτος has a personal referent, as many as 44 of them (almost 2/3) refer to the Son. Of the remainder most imply some sort of positive connection with the Son.What is most significant is that NEVER is the Father the referent. 1 John 5:20, Wallace

Comment

I'm currently reading Freedom by Jonathan Franzen, which I will probably be reading for awhile. I thought for sure I must be nearly done with it, but when I checked I was barely 30% in. :/

I'm looking for something else; I typically read 2 or 3 books at the same time.

Comment

before 2 hours ago i read Bible.

Comment

Quite an inspirational post.
                            Originally posted by romanseven View Post
                            "Understanding Prayer, Faith and God's Will" available from Tate publishing. looks at real-life problems that we face in prayer, as well as seeking God's will. It then present biblical truths not realized bef...ore - truths that we can see and apply in our human journey. By clarifying wrong notions about prayer and Godís will. it will change the way you see Ė and seek Ė Godís will. When faith is strengthened by knowledge and understanding, we will go on to pray and serve God with conviction.

There are 12 chapters in this book:
                            1. Inner Doubts
                            2. What does the Bible mean?
                            3. Prayer: What did Jesus Intend to tell us?
                            4. "Why doesn't God answer more prayers?"
                            5. To Pray Again
                            6. Does Sin impede prayer?
                            7. Faith in God
                            8. How does God call people?
                            9. Understanding God's Will
                            10 Being in God's will
                            11 Journey of the Bible
                            12 Reading the Scripture Fruitfully

It will be released 2013 Feb 12, but is available by order from Tate Publishing.

Comment

Poker

Comment

Working...
                              X