Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Does anyone here like Indian food?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

    Well - it all depends on your tolerance for lousy tasting, slimy, and somewhat smelly "traditional foods". Norwegians serve it with a rather bland white gravy, while the Swedes serve it with drawn butter. Up in Wisconsin during holiday season, all the churches and Service clubs put on all you can eat Lutefisk dinners.
    Thankfully, the All You Can Eat Lutefisk Smorgasbord has not opened a branch in Florida yet.

    Interesting aside, I attended services at a Moravian church the other day. Charming church with a well educated pastor. The do not do a traditional Lord's Supper, but once a month do a 'lovefeast' where the congregation is served coffee and a roll in the middle of the service while the choir performs.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Balam's A** View Post
      Thankfully, the All You Can Eat Lutefisk Smorgasbord has not opened a branch in Florida yet.

      Interesting aside, I attended services at a Moravian church the other day. Charming church with a well educated pastor. The do not do a traditional Lord's Supper, but once a month do a 'lovefeast' where the congregation is served coffee and a roll in the middle of the service while the choir performs.
      That's in all likelihood more accurate to what the "Lord's" supper REALLY is. and the "Lord's Body" to be discerned, is actually the church. We did a few in that format in the AG, (pot-luck style) but the "traditionalists" got all bent out of shape.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
        Here is the recipe:

        Lightened Up Crockpot Butter Chicken
        My wife makes that, we love it. She also makes her own naan, which she grills on a George Forman grill.

        The soul who sins shall die for the wages of sin is death, but all who believe in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
        Ezekiel 18:4, Romans 6:23, John 3:16

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

          Up in Wisconsin during holiday season, all the churches and Service clubs put on all you can eat Lutefisk dinners.
          LOL! I have already had all the Lutefisk I could eat. That was 50 years ago, and I'm still trying to get the taste out of my mouth.

          The soul who sins shall die for the wages of sin is death, but all who believe in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
          Ezekiel 18:4, Romans 6:23, John 3:16

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

            Well - it all depends on your tolerance for lousy tasting, slimy, and somewhat smelly "traditional foods". Norwegians serve it with a rather bland white gravy, while the Swedes serve it with drawn butter. Up in Wisconsin during holiday season, all the churches and Service clubs put on all you can eat Lutefisk dinners.
            Boy, they must hate everyone.....

            One of the Lutheran pastors we once had grew up in Nebraska and he told us about lutefisk suppers. He hated the stuff. So, at a trip to Helen, Ga, in a gift shop, I found a mug with a man's face on it, where he has his hands out front, with a desperate look on his face, frantically signalling that he doesn't want any lutefisk. The caption underneath says "Lutefisk--Just Say No!"

            "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
            "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
            "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
            "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
            "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Timothew View Post
              My wife makes that, we love it. She also makes her own naan, which she grills on a George Forman grill.
              Sounds great! I know how to make fresh bread, but the local grocery store carries some and they are delicious, once heated. One type is made from ancient grains and is really delicious!
              "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
              "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
              "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
              "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
              "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

                Sounds great! I know how to make fresh bread, but the local grocery store carries some and they are delicious, once heated. One type is made from ancient grains and is really delicious!
                I have some grocery store naan at home. I ate it cold and didn't like it much. I'll heat it up and try it. It isn't ancient grain, though.
                The soul who sins shall die for the wages of sin is death, but all who believe in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
                Ezekiel 18:4, Romans 6:23, John 3:16

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Timothew View Post

                  I have some grocery store naan at home. I ate it cold and didn't like it much. I'll heat it up and try it. It isn't ancient grain, though.
                  Bread is always tastier when heated.

                  It comes in a big size and I have also seen it where the pieces were small enough to put in a toaster. I toasted briefly those on a low setting, so they would heat but not toast.

                  If you cannot find the small size, just put the bread in tin foil and heat on a low temp for 15-20 minutes or so. And most places sell just the regular naan. Kroger's has whole grain, regular, and the ancient grains kind. I like all of them!
                  "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                  "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                  "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                  "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                  "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
                    Bread is always tastier when heated.

                    It comes in a big size and I have also seen it where the pieces were small enough to put in a toaster. I toasted briefly those on a low setting, so they would heat but not toast.

                    If you cannot find the small size, just put the bread in tin foil and heat on a low temp for 15-20 minutes or so. And most places sell just the regular naan. Kroger's has whole grain, regular, and the ancient grains kind. I like all of them!
                    Thanks, that worked well.
                    The soul who sins shall die for the wages of sin is death, but all who believe in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
                    Ezekiel 18:4, Romans 6:23, John 3:16

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Timothew View Post

                      Thanks, that worked well.
                      Oh, so you tried it? Did you try the butter chicken recipe as well?
                      "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                      "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                      "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                      "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                      "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

                        Oh, so you tried it? Did you try the butter chicken recipe as well?
                        My wife makes crock pot butter chicken and the recipe looks similar. She wanted to make a lower fat version of what we had at the Indian Restaurant.
                        The soul who sins shall die for the wages of sin is death, but all who believe in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
                        Ezekiel 18:4, Romans 6:23, John 3:16

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Timothew View Post

                          My wife makes crock pot butter chicken and the recipe looks similar. She wanted to make a lower fat version of what we had at the Indian Restaurant.
                          How did you like the lower fat version? Do you know if she used fat free half and half? Or lighter coconut milk in a can? That is what I did. It was still DELICIOUS.
                          "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                          "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                          "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                          "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                          "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Balam's A** View Post
                            The butter chicken sounds interesting, but too many odd spices for my pantry. That is a highly competitive area in my small kitchen. Anything new needs to be useful in at least three dishes. It's easy to collect all sorts of odd spices that just eat up your storage.

                            Or even worse, carry the demonic curse "Must refrigerate after opening".
                            I understand, though I had a can of garam masala that lasted me 25 years with no diminution in taste or quality that I could see. I have also had cans/jars of curry last for years. Neither needs to be refrigerated. As for the red curry paste, that too an be frozen and if bought in a jar, frozen after using, and thawed for when you need it again and then refrozen. Same with tomato paste. Just an idea.
                            "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                            "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                            "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                            "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                            "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Timothew View Post
                              LOL! I have already had all the Lutefisk I could eat. That was 50 years ago, and I'm still trying to get the taste out of my mouth.
                              Is it as bad as tripe?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

                                Well - it all depends on your tolerance for lousy tasting, slimy, and somewhat smelly "traditional foods". Norwegians serve it with a rather bland white gravy, while the Swedes serve it with drawn butter. Up in Wisconsin during holiday season, all the churches and Service clubs put on all you can eat Lutefisk dinners.
                                My family serves it with huge steins of beer.
                                Mark 9:24 Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

                                “Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,
                                but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” ― Martin Luther


                                Muretus "Call no man worthless for whom Christ died!"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X