Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Meatballs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meatballs

i enjoy meatballs, they are a comfort food. I am looking for some different recipes. What are your favourite meatball Recipes?.

Originally posted by balshan View Post
    i enjoy meatballs, they are a comfort food. I am looking for some different recipes. What are your favourite meatball Recipes?.
    spaghetti and meatballs with a good sauce,

top it off with some good garlic bread.

Hope you enjoy!

harry

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post

spaghetti and meatballs with a good sauce,

top it off with some good garlic bread.

Hope you enjoy!

harry
      That is tasty. My nonna made a fantastic sauce. I do porcupine meatballs as well.

Comment

That is tasty. My nonna made a fantastic sauce. I do porcupine meatballs as well.
        Look into making Braciole (Spiced rolled Steak).

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Look into making Braciole (Spiced rolled Steak).
          I will thank u.

Comment

BIG chunk of bleu cheese in the center.
            mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
            The bleu cheese is an occasional treat; normally I mix in sausage meat (I love sausage). Makes the burger go further and changes up the flavor. A I mix a little finely chopped onions and Worcestershire Sauce in with the meat when prepping.

Or try soy sauce, brown sugar, galric, ginger and teriyaki sauce for teriyaki meatballs.
            A little cayenne, paprika, and thyme added to the salt and black pepper (I use a mill) will give them a cajun vibe.
            On occasion try brushing a little (olive) oil on the meatballs a few minutes before they're done and turn on the broiler if you like a little crunchy shell. Not too long, though because it doesn't take the broiler long to turn them into carbon. I set the timer for a minute and repeat until desired crispiness is achieved.

Google is your friend. Look up a recipe and play with it.
            All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

“if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

Comment

Originally posted by Josheb View Post
              BIG chunk of bleu cheese in the center.
              mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
              The bleu cheese is an occasional treat; normally I mix in sausage meat (I love sausage). Makes the burger go further and changes up the flavor. A I mix a little finely chopped onions and Worcestershire Sauce in with the meat when prepping.

Or try soy sauce, brown sugar, galric, ginger and teriyaki sauce for teriyaki meatballs.
              A little cayenne, paprika, and thyme added to the salt and black pepper (I use a mill) will give them a cajun vibe.
              On occasion try brushing a little (olive) oil on the meatballs a few minutes before they're done and turn on the broiler if you like a little crunchy shell. Not too long, though because it doesn't take the broiler long to turn them into carbon. I set the timer for a minute and repeat until desired crispiness is achieved.

Google is your friend. Look up a recipe and play with it.
              sounds tasty. I have enjoyed a load of recipes people have posted here. I always need to adapt recipes as I cannot tolerate some foods, but have found that they are still yummy.

Comment

I am not good at making meatballs themselves. But I do have a delicious, sweet and sour meatballs recipe that is very good. One could use Splenda in place of the sugar. Would anyone like the recipe? They are good over rice.
                "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

My mom made the best spaghetti sauce. It took her 5 years to tweak a recipe that my father liked. She finally combined several recipes, and when she presented it to my dad, he tasted it, and said "That's it!" and she never made another kind. I have taken her recipe and tweaked it a little, such as adding a little bit of dry red wine, and adding olive oil near the end, instead of using regular salad oil at the beginning. Plus, I saute` the onions in a little of the olive oil first, to soften them, before adding the rest of the ingredients. My mom used to put them in raw, and they never cooked down enough, for me.
                  "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                  "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                  "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
                    I am not good at making meatballs themselves. But I do have a delicious, sweet and sour meatballs recipe that is very good. One could use Splenda in place of the sugar. Would anyone like the recipe? They are good over rice.

I am using splendd in cooking. I love your recipes and have a folder for them. Please post your recipe.

Comment

My mom made the best spaghetti sauce. It took her 5 years to tweak a recipe that my father liked. She finally combined several recipes, and when she presented it to my dad, he tasted it, and said "That's it!" and she never made another kind. I have taken her recipe and tweaked it a little, such as adding a little bit of dry red wine, and adding olive oil near the end, instead of using regular salad oil at the beginning. Plus, I saute` the onions in a little of the olive oil first, to soften them, before adding the rest of the ingredients. My mom used to put them in raw, and they never cooked down enough, for me.
                      i am with you onions need to be cooked down. I am unable to eat onions but love the smell of onions cooking. I was reading about the meat sauce from Bologna and they use milk in their recipes.

Comment

I am using splendd in cooking. I love your recipes and have a folder for them. Please post your recipe.
                        Okay, but the sauce has garlic salt in It, and I do not think the sauce would taste very good without it. I don't think you can have garlic or onions, can you?

Comment

i am with you onions need to be cooked down. I am unable to eat onions but love the smell of onions cooking. I was reading about the meat sauce from Bologna and they use milk in their recipes.
                          In the meatballs? I have seen recipes that do so. I think Swedish meatballs use milk or cream. I would I would love a good recipe for those that is a lighter version from the original.

Comment

Okay, but the sauce has garlic salt in It, and I do not think the sauce would taste very good without it. I don't think you can have garlic or onions, can you?
                            You would be surprised, we use fresh and dry chives, the green part of spring onions etc to get the flavour it is milder but still tasty.

Comment

In the meatballs? I have seen recipes that do so. I think Swedish meatballs use milk or cream. I would I would love a good recipe for those that is a lighter version from the original.
                              No the use the milk in a meat sauce. But I have seen meatball recipes with bread soaked in milk.

Comment

Working...
                              X