Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Can We Ask God To Make Us Feel Sorry For Our Sins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can We Ask God To Make Us Feel Sorry For Our Sins?

Is that a ridiculous thing to ask? I know my sins are wrong but it's so hard for me to repent when I still have the desire to sin and when I do sin...all that happens is I realize I sinned and know I should feel ashamed but I'm practically just shrugging my shoulders. I feel ridiculous asking such a thing that should come "easily" but....is that something I can ask of God?
    " God was not made for us; We were made for Him "

Originally posted by HannahElizaW View Post
    Is that a ridiculous thing to ask? I know my sins are wrong but it's so hard for me to repent when I still have the desire to sin and when I do sin...all that happens is I realize I sinned and know I should feel ashamed but I'm practically just shrugging my shoulders. I feel ridiculous asking such a thing that should come "easily" but....is that something I can ask of God?
    yes, of course. But get ready to be answered. He might make you sorry for it by letting you suffer some consequence for it in your life.

Comment

I say this with concerned love, after trying to walk through some things with you elsewhere. I have been praying for you.
      Why are you making everything so convoluted and complicated? Such drama! My, my. It's almost as if you prefer to be miserable. It's really quite plain and clear.
      1) Do what God says to do.
      2) Or don't.
      3) Your choice of 1 or 2. You are choosing. You do one OR the other. If you do both, then you have chosen 2. Stop your disobedience. Decide to walk in holiness with Jesus. When you mess up -- as all do -- repent and turn back to Jesus, and ask for help from your support group in #6.
      4) If you do what God says, then rest in His promises. They are certain.
      5) If you don't do what He says, then be sure His warnings will be fulfilled as He promised. And you will continue to be miserable and conflicted. For your own good, stop that nonsense.
      6) If you decide to go with what God says, then find a few who want the same thing and stick with them. Help them, and ask for their help. I am praying for you. Pray for others and ask for prayers.
      7) Are you finished reading the Gospel of John? Have you found the answers for the questions I asked?
      Mouser Larry Roy: "yippee ki yay"
      “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

Hannah, it seems like you are trying to achieve a state of perfect righteousness, the good news is that it's impossible in this life according to 1 John 1. Even Christians are not perfect and will sin, but we always find hope in the promises of God in the bible and get up after we fall.

Don't trust in the perfectness of your devotion to God, these things don't make us right with God, just relax and trust in Jesus' death and resurrection for you. His righteousness is enough for you. Real genuine godly desires will come slowly as you learn more of Christ's character and love for you in the bible.

I don't know if it helps, but I pray that God will help you to understand these things and help you to trust in Christ and have joy and peace.

Comment

Hannah, I think the more appropriate request would be, "I believe, help my unbelief!" Of course anything is possible for God, but you may be more careful of what you ask.

C.S. Lewis said,

"God will invade. But I wonder whether people who ask God to interfere openly and directly in our world quite realize what it will be like when He does. When that happens, it is the end of the world. When the author walks onto the stage the play is over. God is going to invade, all right, but what is the good of saying you're on His side then, when you see the whole natural universe melting away like a dream and something else--something it never entered your head to conceive--comes crashing in; something so beautiful to us and so terrible to others that none of us will have any choice left? For this time it will be God without disguise; something so overwhelming that it will strike either irresistible love, or irresistible horror into every creature. It will be too late then to choose your side. There is no use saying you choose to lie down, when it's become impossible to stand up. That will not be the time for choosing; it will be the time when we discover which side we really have chosen, whether we realize it or not. Now, today, in this moment, is our chance to choose the right side. God is holding back to give us that chance. It will not last forever; we must take it or leave it." (Mere Christianity)

We must always be ready to face The Lord. It may not be the end of the world, but at our own death, which could come just as unexpectedly as the coming of our Lord on the last day. What will He find you doing on that day, is the question.

You're not alone in your struggles. We all can become complacent about sin and think we have time to deal with it later.
          But, you're young and perhaps haven't experienced just how sinful we people can become when we begin to give in to temptations. I pray you don't have to find out... Or you WILL be sorry.

Try to treat each day as if its your last. Good advice for us all.

May The Lord bless you and keep you.
          Kyrie eleison

Comment

Yes that's something you can ask of God. Reminds me of James 4. I can relate with you. Our performance might not change drastically but feeling sorry is the least we can do. Humility is the beginning it's good you're thinking about it.

Comment

hello Hannah, I encounter the same problem before and now have found the solution, so I would like to share with you. Even if God forgive us each time, we can commits sins continually, the solution is to conquer sins, man is flesh and also has no ability to conquer sins, so man needs to obtain the working of Holy Spirit, so do you know where is the working of Holy Spirit?

Comment

Hi,

When you ask God to be forgiven (or anyone who who wants to forgive you), you need to make sure you don't do that sin again, or at least try and avoid what is causing you that sin. If you continue to sin, God may punish you, he may not. God is a loving God at the end of the day. But you must continue to ask for forgiveness.

Comment

Working...
                X