Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Hacksaw Ridge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacksaw Ridge

I just watched this in DVD. Excellent WW II movie. It's rated R, be warned it has very grisly battle sequences (if you're squeamish you may "lose you lunch"), but then this IS a realistic war movie.
    Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

The previous movie about Desmond released some years ago is also a wonderful movie showing how to live a life of righteousness during the greatest conflict, in spite of a lot of persecution for doing so - i.e. no compromise, steady faith in JESUS, enduring mocking and abuse by other men for the GOSPEL'S SAKE, with no self-aggrandizing and no self-promotion or gain sought, and without hurting any other person even in self defense or in situations where other men say it would be okay.

Comment

Sadly this is a movie that is perhaps one of the subtle by the enemy whom beguiled Eve in the garden to beguiled multitudes of others. See 2Corinthians 11 per Apostle Paul.

How many Christians are aware that this is a dramatized film promoting Seventh Day Adventists?

The Adventists who were students of the false prophet William Miller, were the next in line to prophecy a false end of the world or date for Armageddon to occur in 1874. Also they taught an invisible return date simultaneously of Jesus aka Michael the Archangel to have occurred in 1844 give or take a year. After all this failed, Charles Taze Russell, apparently their most avid Pupil graduated with honors and moved on to create the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and by the measurements of the Pyramid of Giza, corrected their mistakes and concluded that Jesus aka Michael the Archangel instead returned invisibly in 1874 and prophesied 1914 as date for Armageddon.

What does The True and Living Lord Jesus Christ say about false prophets in His sermon on the mount? Matthew 7:13-29

Do you hear His words? John 10:27-28

Please also consider Matthew 24:23-27 & Matthew 24:11 & 2Corinthians 6:14-18

It is also vital to note, that even the segment that claim to believe The Trinity still teach all the very same doctrines as their offspring, the Watchtower aka Jehovah's Witnesses. And both are guilty of taking photos of carved images of idols, including those of ancient Egypt, reducing them in size, then strategically embedding those images into other photos in their literature in violation of Acts 15:19-29 in fulfilment of their roles per Revelation 18:23 as they are part of Mystery Babylon. Revelation 1-3 very vital to also understand concerning the words of The Lord Jesus Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaeger View Post
        Sadly this is a movie that is perhaps one of the subtle by the enemy whom beguiled Eve in the garden to beguiled multitudes of others. See 2Corinthians 11 per Apostle Paul.

How many Christians are aware that this is a dramatized film promoting Seventh Day Adventists?

The Adventists who were students of the false prophet William Miller, were the next in line to prophecy a false end of the world or date for Armageddon to occur in 1874. Also they taught an invisible return date simultaneously of Jesus aka Michael the Archangel to have occurred in 1844 give or take a year. After all this failed, Charles Taze Russell, apparently their most avid Pupil graduated with honors and moved on to create the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and by the measurements of the Pyramid of Giza, corrected their mistakes and concluded that Jesus aka Michael the Archangel instead returned invisibly in 1874 and prophesied 1914 as date for Armageddon.

What does The True and Living Lord Jesus Christ say about false prophets in His sermon on the mount? Matthew 7:13-29

Do you hear His words? John 10:27-28

Please also consider Matthew 24:23-27 & Matthew 24:11 & 2Corinthians 6:14-18

It is also vital to note, that even the segment that claim to believe The Trinity still teach all the very same doctrines as their offspring, the Watchtower aka Jehovah's Witnesses. And both are guilty of taking photos of carved images of idols, including those of ancient Egypt, reducing them in size, then strategically embedding those images into other photos in their literature in violation of Acts 15:19-29 in fulfilment of their roles per Revelation 18:23 as they are part of Mystery Babylon. Revelation 1-3 very vital to also understand concerning the words of The Lord Jesus Christ.
        Huh?
        It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flat…

Martin Luther The Bondage of the Will

Comment

I think your dislike for the JWs has clouded your judgment about this film. It's about the first (and probably only) non-combatant to be awarded the Metal of Honor. He just happened to be a JW.

Most films are not about Christians but atheists. Do you watch movies that do not extol Christianity, which would be about 99.9% of them? I don't watch movies to for their theological content; they're just entertainment (and I know the difference; therefore, they do not shape my life).
          Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post

I think your dislike for the JWs has clouded your judgment about this film. It's about the first (and probably only) non-combatant to be awarded the Metal of Honor. He just happened to be a JW.

Most films are not about Christians but atheists. Do you watch movies that do not extol Christianity, which would be about 99.9% of them? I don't watch movies to for their theological content; they're just entertainment (and I know the difference; therefore, they do not shape my life).
            Hi Alfin, first, let me say that I love people, including JWs, etc., and I have a heart to reach them with truth of the Gospel because they have been deceived by a dangerous false prophet.

As to this movie, the character portrayed was not JW, but S.D.A.

I hope you will consider the passages of Scripture for discernment.

As far as movies and television, there are many dangers that are involved to purposely deceive people into thinking things that God says are evil, to thinking these things are good. Should we listen to Jesus and His chosen Apostles for instruction?

Comment

Originally posted by Beloved Daughter View Post

Huh?
              Do you understand the passages of the Scriptures that I shared with discernment and realize this movie is about a man who was deceived by a false prophet?

Comment

Do you understand the passages of the Scriptures that I shared with discernment and realize this movie is about a man who was deceived by a false prophet?
                I understand the passages quite well. I just didn't see the name Charles Taze Russell, or Ellen White. They are apostates, no doubt. Orthodox Christianity is loaded with its own heretics.

As Christians we need to be vigilant, but I don't think there is a sin under every rock of creation.

It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flat…

Comment

I understand the passages quite well. I just didn't see the name Charles Taze Russell, or Ellen White. They are apostates, no doubt. Orthodox Christianity is loaded with its own heretics.

As Christians we need to be vigilant, but I don't think there is a sin under every rock of creation.
                  This is end times deception at it's best. On T.B.N. the Seventh Day Adventists have been mingled in.

Amazing Facts with Doug Batchlor being one of them, claiming to be a Trinitarian. The use of subliminal embedded carved images were confirmed on his show, and the very same doctrines of the Watchtower on his website.

Desmond Doss was of the original S.D.A. that taught Jesus as being Michael the Archangel. Both groups still refer to the writings of Ellen G. White.

By the Spirit of God, with discernment of the Scriptures, we can clearly see the evil being presented to portray these groups as ministers of righteousness, but as believers, hearing the words of The Lord, again, we recognize the subtlety of deception.

Two excellent websites with a wealth of info and testimonies are www.towertotruth.net and www.mmoutreach.org
                  Last edited by Jaeger; 10-11-17, 09:15 PM. Reason: Share resources.

Comment

This is end times deception at it's best. On T.B.N. the Seventh Day Adventists have been mingled in.

Amazing Facts with Doug Batchlor being one of them, claiming to be a Trinitarian. The use of subliminal embedded carved images were confirmed on his show, and the very same doctrines of the Watchtower on his website.

Desmond Doss was of the original S.D.A. that taught Jesus as being Michael the Archangel. Both groups still refer to the writings of Ellen G. White.

By the Spirit of God, with discernment of the Scriptures, we can clearly see the evil being presented to portray these groups as ministers of righteousness, but as believers, hearing the words of The Lord, again, we recognize the subtlety of deception.

Two excellent websites with a wealth of info and testimonies are www.towertotruth.net and www.mmoutreach.org
                    Out of courtesy I looked at both links.

Speaking of heretics. What do you know about Cheryl Schatz? I know plenty.

Christian people spend far too much time criticizing each other.

I don't watch TBN. It is filled with bad doctrine, prosperity trash, etc.

The Bible says that He is the author and finisher of our faith.

Comment

One thing TBN seems to lack is Calvinism.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake1254 View Post

One thing TBN seems to lack is Calvinism.
                        Are you so concerned with reformed theology that you will hi-jack this thread?

I wouldn't know, since I don't watch it.

James 1:26King James Version (KJV)

26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Comment

If you don't like Cheryl, check out www.jwinfoline.com & www.towertotruth.net

It is interesting that you say "Christian people spend far too much time criticizing each other." As you know, there are some that have disagreements, just as there was a disagreement between Apostle Paul and Barnabas in Acts 15:38-40. This happens at times. Then like you said about TBN, it has a lot of false teachers on there. So it's not just cults for believers to be on guard about, but false teachers as well, and there are many that pretend to be Christians. And when people do this, they go against The True and Living God. Jeremiah 48:10

Comment

If you don't like Cheryl, check out www.jwinfoline.com & www.towertotruth.net

It is interesting that you say "Christian people spend far too much time criticizing each other." As you know, there are some that have disagreements, just as there was a disagreement between Apostle Paul and Barnabas in Acts 15:38-40. This happens at times. Then like you said about TBN, it has a lot of false teachers on there. So it's not just cults for believers to be on guard about, but false teachers as well, and there are many that pretend to be Christians. And when people do this, they go against The True and Living God. Jeremiah 48:10
                            This makes no sense at all.

Comment

This makes no sense at all.
                              Please expound?

Comment

Working...
                              X