Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Any musicians here? (Post recordings of yourself)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any musicians here? (Post recordings of yourself)

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0WtW7eYHmF3

an instrumental of House of the rising sun on guitar
    Job 37:21 (DBY) And now [men] see not the light as it gleameth, it is [hidden] in the skies. But the wind passeth by and cleareth them.

It's more while my guitar gently weeps actually lol
    Job 37:21 (DBY) And now [men] see not the light as it gleameth, it is [hidden] in the skies. But the wind passeth by and cleareth them.

Comment

Originally posted by Photine View Post
      Any musicians here? (Post recordings of yourself)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfJvjJlU0pM

Comment

let's try that again - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfJvjJlU0pM

And for good measure - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByiQ7TJJpAY
        Last edited by Bob Carabbio; 01-31-19, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post
          Amazing, my brother plays banjo. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Photine View Post
            https://vocaroo.com/i/s0WtW7eYHmF3

an instrumental of House of the rising sun on guitar
            I like to keep my privacy, but what the hay. For you Bob, You're an opened book, so this one time I'm going to share a little bit. A year or so ago a friend told me Jim Vest was starting a new record label and sent me this link with our band named in it. We actually got a shout out in the same paragraph as Willie Nelson. LOL! He produced an cassette we did in 89 or close thereby to sell when we were fronting and what not for other groups. He says...

Jim has produced albums and singles on such well-known artists as Box Car Willie, Hank Cochran, James Monroe, Ronnie McDowell, Willie Nelson, Willie's daughter Susie Nelson, and The Heart of Dixie. He is currently producing a new artist, Geoffery Buell from Buffalo, Wyoming.

Yeas ago I was in the Heart of Dixie as the drummer. Below is a YouTube clip of a song some of us wrote with Hank Cochran and I was drummer Jim Vest on steel guitar. We wrote most of our own stuff and were with Co-Heart publishing. I quit music altogether and Heart of Dixie did one more album that I had co-wrote a couple of songs on.

Comment

One more for Bob. I co-wrote and was drummer on this one. Jim Vest produced and steel guitar.

A little more drums in this one. LOL! The guy who posted this video used to work for my brother.

Last edited by Hemi; 09-04-19, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi View Post
                One more for Bob. I co-wrote and was drummer on this one. Jim Vest produced and steel guitar.

A little more drums in this one. LOL! The guy who posted this video used to work for my brother.
                Ooh!! I misted up on that one - beautiful harmonies, and lyrics A better class of music, and production than I've done.

As proof of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDAP9RtLFXo
                Last edited by Bob Carabbio; 09-04-19, 10:27 PM.

Comment

I like to keep my privacy, but what the hay. For you Bob, You're an opened book, so this one time I'm going to share a little bit. A year or so ago a friend told me Jim Vest was starting a new record label and sent me this link with our band named in it. We actually got a shout out in the same paragraph as Willie Nelson. LOL! He produced an cassette we did in 89 or close thereby to sell when we were fronting and what not for other groups. He says...

Jim has produced albums and singles on such well-known artists as Box Car Willie, Hank Cochran, James Monroe, Ronnie McDowell, Willie Nelson, Willie's daughter Susie Nelson, and The Heart of Dixie. He is currently producing a new artist, Geoffery Buell from Buffalo, Wyoming.

Yeas ago I was in the Heart of Dixie as the drummer. Below is a YouTube clip of a song some of us wrote with Hank Cochran and I was drummer Jim Vest on steel guitar. We wrote most of our own stuff and were with Co-Heart publishing. I quit music altogether and Heart of Dixie did one more album that I had co-wrote a couple of songs on.

Marvelous piece - tight group, nice harmonies. I never could write lyrics, and have a hard time remembering them anymore anyhow (being 77 dosen't help my memory at all), and I really don't have a good lead voice, so I stick to bass and Baritone.

Comment

Don't want to post videos because of the trolls, but I've been playing music in one form or another since I was twelve.

Had my first band as a teenager called Red Mountain. We played mostly Top 40.

Played country music in my dad's band.

Played bluegrass.

Played with another Top 40 band, which was a great band, but I hated because the guy who's band it was made us wear matching sparkly outfits. We looked like gay parking valets.

Played with Earl Thomas Conley, Eddie Raven, Eddie Rabbitt (all the Eddies!), Herman's Hermits (got to sing with an English accent...."En'ery!"), The Grass Roots, and some other 60s and 70s groups.

It was fun, but there wasn't a lot of money in it and I was about to get married, so I didn't stick with that track too long.

Now, I just play for fun and sit in with friends' bands. I do a handful of gigs on my own, as a solo now and then. I do mostly trop rock and Jerry Jeff Walker songs.
                    I'm looking to put a band together now, just to play around locally. Some friend and I put together a one off charity show, which was a note for note recreation of The Last Waltz (minus the Neil Diamond and Joni Mitchell songs....We substituted "Ooh Las Vegas" and the guy who played Van Morrison sang "This Masquerade" instead of "Coyote"). Had so much fun, I'd like to tweak it and add a couple of other songs and do it again.

The federal government is the only place in the world where ineptitude and corruption is met with demands for more ineptitude and corruption. - Buck Sexton

Comment

Originally posted by War_Eagle View Post
                      Don't want to post videos because of the trolls, but I've been playing music in one form or another since I was twelve.

Had my first band as a teenager called Red Mountain. We played mostly Top 40.

Played country music in my dad's band.

Played bluegrass.

Played with another Top 40 band, which was a great band, but I hated because the guy who's band it was made us wear matching sparkly outfits. We looked like gay parking valets.

Played with Earl Thomas Conley, Eddie Raven, Eddie Rabbitt (all the Eddies!), Herman's Hermits (got to sing with an English accent...."En'ery!"), The Grass Roots, and some other 60s and 70s groups.

It was fun, but there wasn't a lot of money in it and I was about to get married, so I didn't stick with that track too long.

Now, I just play for fun and sit in with friends' bands. I do a handful of gigs on my own, as a solo now and then. I do mostly trop rock and Jerry Jeff Walker songs.
                      I'm looking to put a band together now, just to play around locally. Some friend and I put together a one off charity show, which was a note for note recreation of The Last Waltz (minus the Neil Diamond and Joni Mitchell songs....We substituted "Ooh Las Vegas" and the guy who played Van Morrison sang "This Masquerade" instead of "Coyote"). Had so much fun, I'd like to tweak it and add a couple of other songs and do it again.
                      This makes me miss the good old days and how we used to work hard and play harder. This is funny, but these guys ain't bad. That old boy can pick that banjo.

Comment

Ooh!! I misted up on that one - beautiful harmonies, and lyrics A better class of music, and production than I've done.

As proof of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDAP9RtLFXo
                        LOL! Today Bob instead of "you met another" we sing "I got a lot older and pffsst now I'm gone".

Comment

LOL! Today Bob instead of "you met another" we sing "I got a lot older and pffsst now I'm gone".
                          Unfortunately that's pretty much the issue. My thumbs are bone on bone, and it takes Tramadol to be functional at any acceptable level at all. So from here on out, It's gonna be circle jams, and the occasional gig.

Comment

Unfortunately that's pretty much the issue. My thumbs are bone on bone, and it takes Tramadol to be functional at any acceptable level at all. So from here on out, It's gonna be circle jams, and the occasional gig.
                            I have CLL, which is chronic leukemia. Been treating it for about 4 years. It's about time for a recurrence but I'm in no hurry. Don't spread this info to the other boards please. Only those who read this thread will know it.

But this banjo picking music talk has got me all wired up again wanting to find old masters and cassettes. And listening to the old stuff I have access to, we were a pretty hot country band at the time. It's been nearly about 30 years since I've heard some of the songs I found. I did some session work with a lot of folks back then wanting to be stars. They were a dime a dozen back then in Nashville. I do remember one guy I didn't get to demo for, a tall lanky drink of water. He came in with his crew as I was about to leave. The engineer told me to wait and listen to this guy, he's good. He sure was, it was Alan Jackson. And his crew were good too and within 6 or 7 months he was on the radio and on Billboard with a bullet.

I have a picture when I was 9 years old playing a guitar bigger than me in a bluegrass band. I'll post it when I can find a place to post pictures and ink it as a photo. But there is a guy in the picture behind me on mandolin his name was Chi Chi something. He's dead now, but he was one of the greats and he taught me what I could learn at the time on the mandolin. He was also a womanizing alcoholic and not a good influence for a 9 year old. LOL! I'll post it when I figure out how.

Comment

Figured it out. Check this out Bob. This picture is 50 years old. I was 9 at the time. My first band was a bunch of drunks. LOL! No, just kidding, only half of them were womanizing drunks. The other half was me, my sister, my brother. I am "playing" rhythm and Chi Chi something is the half a head behind me. But he was a great mandolin picker and taught me what I knew then on the mandolin. I was in some kind of music pretty much all my life until I quit. That guitar is bigger than me.

Comment

Working...
                              X