Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Gym Workout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym Workout

Hi all,

I don't know if there's any gym instructors or experts out there, if there is then this if for you guys.

I recently joined the gym, never been to a gym before. On my first visit I used a few of the equipment, just for the usual purpose - to "bulk up". However, today on my second visit, I can't seem to "work properly". For example, on my first visit, I can do around 8-10 pull and pushes on a few equipment. The day after my muscles were aching (in a good way) after one week when I've recovered, I found it difficult to do even four.

Originally, I thought that after my muscles pain faded after a workout, my muscles will become stronger for the next time, but it seems my muscles became weaker - is this normal?
    https://twitter.com/HelloPhilipHere

It is a better idea to consult your doctor rather an internet board.

Not a gym instructor nor an expert but what you are experiencing is probably normal for someone after their first visit to a gym. Weight lifting breaks down muscles and the rest rebuilds them. When your body becomes accustomed to that type of exercise on a regular basis the weakness will lessen. Don't over do it!
    Test all things and praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Peace,
    BJ -Bear
    VDMA (1 Peter 1:25)
    WELS

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
      Hi all,

I don't know if there's any gym instructors or experts out there, if there is then this if for you guys.

I recently joined the gym, never been to a gym before. On my first visit I used a few of the equipment, just for the usual purpose - to "bulk up". However, today on my second visit, I can't seem to "work properly". For example, on my first visit, I can do around 8-10 pull and pushes on a few equipment. The day after my muscles were aching (in a good way) after one week when I've recovered, I found it difficult to do even four.

Originally, I thought that after my muscles pain faded after a workout, my muscles will become stronger for the next time, but it seems my muscles became weaker - is this normal?
      You are probably making the mistake most new gym members make. You are doing a whole body workout on one day which is not a good idea for several reasons. One is that you are not taking in enough protein in your diet to provide that necessary nutrients to rebuild muscle fibres that tear during the workout. You are probably overworking each muscle group in which case you are working against your own goals. Take it from an old gym rat and do this series for a few weeks to a month and see if it doesn't work for you.

Split your training days into the following groups.

Day 1 pushing excecises IE bench press, tricepts extensions, shoulder presses etc.

Day 2 pulling excecises ie sitting cable pulls, lat pulls, bicept curls.

Day 3 Legs

You can separate each day with a day of rest and only do these 3 days in the week. When training you need sleep. Muscles repair during your sleep time so if you scrimp on the sleep you are not going to get the maximum benefit of the workout.

Here is a set of specific excecises you can do to get an example of my routine. These are called "Super sets" and are designed to maximize your work without over working each muscle group.

On Chest day I do the following. Go to the "Fly" machine and begin with a light weight for 20 reps to warm up the muscle. Rest for a minute or two and raise the weight to a moderate weight and do 10-15 reps. Then increase the weight to a weight that you can do a maximum of 6-8 reps until failure. Failure is when you cannot complete the excercise with proper form.

Immediatly without rest get on the bench press (set it up prior to doing your fly's) using a weight that you can only lift 6-7 times and go until failure. (make sure you have a spotter if you are using free weights. OK, you are done with the chest. The key is don't over work the muslce but work until it failes using the above routine.

I then do a similar set for the shoulders using a upright fly machine that excecises the shoulder the way a pectoral fly does for the chest. Follow the same routine as above and immediatly go into the shoulder press till failure. OK, you are done with the shoulders.

Now go to the tricepts. Us a pull down machine set it to a weight that will cause failure after 6-7 reps keeping the arms tucked to your side and with good form. As soon as you fail reduce the weight to 1/2 and rep until failure even if it takes 20-30 reps. OK you are done with the tricepts.

This is a simple routine that is used for increasing strength and bulk. I guarantee that it will work. I set my own personal best on the Bench Press at the age of 50 with a 450 lb bench press. This is the formulas that got me there.

Suppliments:

Go easy on the suppliments. There are no magic pills that will give you an edge. Especially stay away from the suppliments to boost NO2 or Nitrous Oxide. These have big drawbacks and can lead to some bad results to your health.

Take a multi-vitamin each day, a B-100 complex, each morning. Eat 5-6 small meals each day consisting of a protein and carbohydrate. They way to measure this so you are not over-eating is a protien (steak, chicken breast etc) that is as large as the palm of your hand and a carbohydrate that is the size of your fist.

Right before your workout for a boost in energy drink a cup of coffee and as soon as possible after the workout drink a protein shake (I prefer Muscle Milk) to help replace the proteins needed immediatly after your work.

Have fun and feel free to ask any questions.

Lcash
      The quote from Gandhi I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
      -Mahatma Gandhi quotes
      was never said by Gandhi! It is false!

Comment

My gym workout
        Bent-over barbell rows (4*10)
        Deadlift (4*10)
        Single arm rows (3*10)
        Dumbell biceps curl with forearm rotation (4*12)
        Biceps curl on Scott bench (4*10)
        Standing curl for forearm flexors (3*12)
        Leonadus

Comment

Originally posted by Leonadus View Post
          My gym workout
          Bent-over barbell rows (4*10)
          Deadlift (4*10)
          Single arm rows (3*10)
          Dumbell biceps curl with forearm rotation (4*12)
          Biceps curl on Scott bench (4*10)
          Standing curl for forearm flexors (3*12)
          You are going to be unbalanced with that workout. For every muscle group you engage you MUST engage it's opposite. You seem to do a good job on the back with the various rows but neglect the Pectorals (chest) and abdomin. You focus on the bicept but neglect the tricept. To see what I am talking about 2/3rds of your upper arm size is due not to the bicept but to the tricept. If you develop only the bicept you will not only be unbalanced but you will be succeptable to muscle strain and a possible tear. This is due to the opposing muscle group aiding the contracting part of any real world muscle usage.

So add what I wrote above for the chest and tricept on a single day of the week and you will see a much better growth and symetry as well as better health.
          You should also begin to work on the legs in particular the quadricept, Hamstring, and calves. Do this all in one workout. Start with the hamstring but doing leg curls followed by hack squats or seated leg pushes. The quadricepts (front of the thigh) is more difficult so start with a light set of leg extensions followed by a medium set of 60% of your maximum and then do the maximum to failure. That insures that it is your quadricept that is being worked and not other larger musles.

Lcash
          The quote from Gandhi I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
          -Mahatma Gandhi quotes

Comment

I do the following at home but I might join the gym soon:

Strength:
            20 push ups
            20 bicep curls per arm
            20 tricep curls per arm

Cardio: Jogging

I guess thats a good start.

Comment

I've been going to one of those "bootcamps" here in town. Five days per week, a wide variety of exercises -- never the same routine twice. We do it all -- from various weights/strength training, cardio, balance, etc. Fancy machines and good old-fashioned push-ups and sit-ups. Supposedly, each session burns from 500-700 calories -- yeah, I believe that!

I've lost over 20 pounds so far but I seem to have "plateaued" -- would like to drop 10 more lbs but can't quite seem to get there...

Comment

Lcash,

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the extremely late reply - I got lazy.

What you got to know is that I'm only a beginner amateur at the gym. Basically, I go the gym without structure and just to whatever I feel like. However, after reading your post, I will try my best to adapt to it. The reason I wanna go to the gym is bulk up, cause I'm told I'm a skinny ectomorph - so would the suppliments you recommended be too much or too little?

Here's what I did today, tell me if I'm doing it correctly.

Shoulder Press
                Tricep Press
                Fly
                Lateral Raise
                Row/Rear Deltiods
                Chest Press

I don't know all the gym terms but basically, I was told to go to those machines, for example, the fly machine and "push and pull" for 8 times as I push I breathe in and release I breathe out. However, I find this extremely tiring, but I was told I need oxygen in my muscle.

Basically, I have no routine or structure with those machines above, are you able to reccomend a structure?

I dunno how to describe this but I was also told that I should use a small free weight at the start - hold them both in my hands and twist and turn as a warm up for beginners like me.

Thanks

Phil

Comment

Lcash,

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the extremely late reply - I got lazy.

What you got to know is that I'm only a beginner amateur at the gym. Basically, I go the gym without structure and just to whatever I feel like. However, after reading your post, I will try my best to adapt to it. The reason I wanna go to the gym is bulk up, cause I'm told I'm a skinny ectomorph - so would the suppliments you recommended be too much or too little?

Here's what I did today, tell me if I'm doing it correctly.

Shoulder Press
                  Tricep Press
                  Fly
                  Lateral Raise
                  Row/Rear Deltiods
                  Chest Press

I don't know all the gym terms but basically, I was told to go to those machines, for example, the fly machine and "push and pull" for 8 times as I push I breathe in and release I breathe out. However, I find this extremely tiring, but I was told I need oxygen in my muscle.

Basically, I have no routine or structure with those machines above, are you able to reccomend a structure?

I dunno how to describe this but I was also told that I should use a small free weight at the start - hold them both in my hands and twist and turn as a warm up for beginners like me.

Thanks

Phil
                  Those are good just remember that it is important to not overwork any body part. With all the presses you are likely to exhaust your tricepts before you even come close to working your chest and shoulders well enough. That is why you want to do the fly's on a machine BEFORE the bench press. This works and pre-exausts your pectoralis muscles without involving the tricepts. The same should be done for the shoulders.

Secondly if you are intending to bulk up, go light on any aerobics and if you do any do them at the end of the workout and eat several meals per day (6-7) of Protein that is about the size of your palm and a carb (like a baked potato) about the size of a fist. If you eat only a few large meals per day then you will bulk up but it will not be muscle.

Lcash
                  -Mahatma Gandhi quotes

Comment

Originally posted by Lcash View Post
                    Those are good just remember that it is important to not overwork any body part. With all the presses you are likely to exhaust your tricepts before you even come close to working your chest and shoulders well enough. That is why you want to do the fly's on a machine BEFORE the bench press. This works and pre-exausts your pectoralis muscles without involving the tricepts. The same should be done for the shoulders.

Secondly if you are intending to bulk up, go light on any aerobics and if you do any do them at the end of the workout and eat several meals per day (6-7) of Protein that is about the size of your palm and a carb (like a baked potato) about the size of a fist. If you eat only a few large meals per day then you will bulk up but it will not be muscle.

Lcash
                    LCash,

Instead of eating 6-7 meals a day, would protein drinks do the trick?

All my gym workout seems to involve the top part of my body. Do you have any trusted websites that teach work for the abs area? And finally, based on what you wrote, should I do the 'fly' before everything else?

Thanks

Phil

Comment

LCash,

Instead of eating 6-7 meals a day, would protein drinks do the trick?

All my gym workout seems to involve the top part of my body. Do you have any trusted websites that teach work for the abs area? And finally, based on what you wrote, should I do the 'fly' before everything else?

Thanks

Phil
                      Yes protein drinks will do. Just before bed drink one that has casein type protein instead of the simply whey protein. It lasts through the night and helps with keeping your muslces from being used as fuel. Your work on abbs is not necessary while bulking up but if you insist just do 50 crunches and 50 leg lifts every other day. You also need a good workout for the legs so do straight leg deadlifts for the hamstrings, and hack squats for the quadricepts. Stay away from the leg extension machines because they will destroy your knees

Now for the last question, on the day you do your pushing excercises such as for the chest and shoulders, yes do the fly's first as I described in my first post as both a warmup and to pre-exhaust the chest muscles and immediately without rest go to the bench press until failure. This will build strength AND bulk.

In your excercise program for bulking up, you need to set aside at least 2 days per week for whole body large muscle work and do the following. Squats (as heavy as is safe), Dead Lifts (only with good form) and barbell "Clean and jerks". These will go a very long way in adding muscle in bulk for the entire body and cause your body to go into a muscle building mode.

I the early 80's I went from a 145lb weakling to 220lbs and able to squat 450lb, dead lift 650lbs and bench press 450 lbs. Even in my 50's now I can still bench 450lb and I used the routines I have outlined in this thread.

Lcash
                      -Mahatma Gandhi quotes

Comment

Yes protein drinks will do. Just before bed drink one that has casein type protein instead of the simply whey protein. It lasts through the night and helps with keeping your muslces from being used as fuel. Your work on abbs is not necessary while bulking up but if you insist just do 50 crunches and 50 leg lifts every other day. You also need a good workout for the legs so do straight leg deadlifts for the hamstrings, and hack squats for the quadricepts. Stay away from the leg extension machines because they will destroy your knees

Now for the last question, on the day you do your pushing excercises such as for the chest and shoulders, yes do the fly's first as I described in my first post as both a warmup and to pre-exhaust the chest muscles and immediately without rest go to the bench press until failure. This will build strength AND bulk.

In your excercise program for bulking up, you need to set aside at least 2 days per week for whole body large muscle work and do the following. Squats (as heavy as is safe), Dead Lifts (only with good form) and barbell "Clean and jerks". These will go a very long way in adding muscle in bulk for the entire body and cause your body to go into a muscle building mode.

I the early 80's I went from a 145lb weakling to 220lbs and able to squat 450lb, dead lift 650lbs and bench press 450 lbs. Even in my 50's now I can still bench 450lb and I used the routines I have outlined in this thread.

Lcash
                        LCash,

I'm starting slowly. Something went wrong today, cause I can't do the chest press. I did as you said, to just work on my shoulders. I did as you said today, I went straight to the fly and did until tired, because I'm not that confident in doing the bench press (kinda worried I'll drop it and strangle myself) I went to the machine where I push down (forgot the name). I then went on to the chest press, but for some reason, my arms were so tired I can't do the chest press that much.

Wouldn't it be better to do the chest press first?

Just read over your post, I think I misread it, when you say do the fly as a warn up and pre-exaust - I'm assuming it doesn't mean do until tired?

I'm very conscious about protein drinks, there's so much protein drinks for sale, I'm not so keen on just buying one with a big guy on the front. Do you think this brand is safe? - http://www.usn.co.uk/ what one do you use?

Comment

LCash,

I'm starting slowly. Something went wrong today, cause I can't do the chest press. I did as you said, to just work on my shoulders. I did as you said today, I went straight to the fly and did until tired, because I'm not that confident in doing the bench press (kinda worried I'll drop it and strangle myself) I went to the machine where I push down (forgot the name). I then went on to the chest press, but for some reason, my arms were so tired I can't do the chest press that much.

Wouldn't it be better to do the chest press first?

Just read over your post, I think I misread it, when you say do the fly as a warn up and pre-exaust - I'm assuming it doesn't mean do until tired?

I'm very conscious about protein drinks, there's so much protein drinks for sale, I'm not so keen on just buying one with a big guy on the front. Do you think this brand is safe? - http://www.usn.co.uk/ what one do you use?
                          Your mistake was in doing the shoulders and the "push down" excercises prior to doing the chest or bench press. The push down will exhaust your tricepts on the back of your upper arm which is the same muslces you use for the bench press.

If your gym has a hammer stregth machine, use that for the bench press. In that you are actually sitting up and pushing out to get the same results as a bench press but without the danger of dropping the bar on yourself. The second thing you can do is to use a spotter. Most guys at the gym will not hesitate in spotting you during the bench press and that also keeps you from harming yourself.

As for the fly, follow this routine. Do a light weight set say 25% of your maximum workout weight and do 15 reps. Rest for one minute and raise the weight to 50% of your maximum and do 10 reps. After another minute of rest raise the weight to the maximum that you can do at a rep count of 6 and do that to failure. (Failure means that you cannot do another rep with good form). Only then get on the bench and do ONE set of the heaviest weight you can at a rep count of 6 and do that to failure and you are finished with the chest. THEN and only THEN go on to the shoulder. The push down should be the very last excersise before hitting the showers! Do not under any circumstance do arm work prior to the other work being planned. The reason is that the arms muscles are small and easy to fatigue. You need them to excersise the large muscle groups such as the chest, shoulders and back. If you do arms first you will not have the stamina to finish your routine and it will be for naught!

The protein shakes in your link should do fine. I like to use Muscle Milk as it tastes good and there is a wide variety. Stay away from the other so-called enhancers like the NOS enhancers and the creatine as they are mostly hype and may actually work against you instead of for you. In addition to your shake you can add one scoop of glutamine to add some extra bulk and recovery after a workout.

Lcash
                          -Mahatma Gandhi quotes

Comment

Your mistake was in doing the shoulders and the "push down" excercises prior to doing the chest or bench press. The push down will exhaust your tricepts on the back of your upper arm which is the same muslces you use for the bench press.

If your gym has a hammer stregth machine, use that for the bench press. In that you are actually sitting up and pushing out to get the same results as a bench press but without the danger of dropping the bar on yourself. The second thing you can do is to use a spotter. Most guys at the gym will not hesitate in spotting you during the bench press and that also keeps you from harming yourself.

As for the fly, follow this routine. Do a light weight set say 25% of your maximum workout weight and do 15 reps. Rest for one minute and raise the weight to 50% of your maximum and do 10 reps. After another minute of rest raise the weight to the maximum that you can do at a rep count of 6 and do that to failure. (Failure means that you cannot do another rep with good form). Only then get on the bench and do ONE set of the heaviest weight you can at a rep count of 6 and do that to failure and you are finished with the chest. THEN and only THEN go on to the shoulder. The push down should be the very last excersise before hitting the showers! Do not under any circumstance do arm work prior to the other work being planned. The reason is that the arms muscles are small and easy to fatigue. You need them to excersise the large muscle groups such as the chest, shoulders and back. If you do arms first you will not have the stamina to finish your routine and it will be for naught!

The protein shakes in your link should do fine. I like to use Muscle Milk as it tastes good and there is a wide variety. Stay away from the other so-called enhancers like the NOS enhancers and the creatine as they are mostly hype and may actually work against you instead of for you. In addition to your shake you can add one scoop of glutamine to add some extra bulk and recovery after a workout.

Lcash
                            Hello there,

How have you been? Thanks for the tips you gave me at the start, I've been really getting into the gym. I now feel more comfortable and confident about using nearly all the equipment and free weights there now. I've also started using the bench press. I've been asking around, I remember you said to work on some parts of my body one day and another the other day. But I'm a impatient guy, so if I didn't mistaken his words, I think I can work all my body during one session but it has to be symmetrical. Since I'm getting used to the gym, I've developed my own routine, tell me what you think -

(1) 3 sets on the preachers bench doing curls and 'lateral pulldown'. So I would do 1 set on curls and then change to the pulldown and then go back to curls until I've done 3 for both.

(2) I would then work on my triceps, I don't know the name of it, but I would take the same bar from the curls and I would lie down on a bench and lift the bar up from the back of my head.

(3) I would then do the fly using free weights lying down on the bench. I don't really have sets, I just do it till I'm tired.

(4) I would then do the bench press. I try to 3 sets again.

After this, I still have a few stuff to do, but I don't follow them strictly like I do. Well to be honest, I don't follow my above routine strictly as well, for some I just do until I'm tired. And one more thing, I would always finish with some abs work (e.g. the plank)

What do you think of my starter routine? I remember you saying, do the fly first, why is that? If I'm honest, all I'm after is just "bulking up" and so i don't look skinny.

Basically, I've been reading over your stuff, I've seem to be doing it in the wrong order.

Do you have a detailed routine I can try out? If so can you write it up for me? I've been reading your post again, so tomorrow are you saying I should do this instead -

(1) Fly (like you said, 25% of my work out)
                            (2) Bench Press
                            (3) And then the curls and tricept work out (as they tire out easily like you said)
                            (4) And then my back
                            (5) And other stuff.

Thanks

Comment

Hello there,

How have you been? Thanks for the tips you gave me at the start, I've been really getting into the gym. I now feel more comfortable and confident about using nearly all the equipment and free weights there now. I've also started using the bench press. I've been asking around, I remember you said to work on some parts of my body one day and another the other day. But I'm a impatient guy, so if I didn't mistaken his words, I think I can work all my body during one session but it has to be symmetrical. Since I'm getting used to the gym, I've developed my own routine, tell me what you think -

(1) 3 sets on the preachers bench doing curls and 'lateral pulldown'. So I would do 1 set on curls and then change to the pulldown and then go back to curls until I've done 3 for both.

(2) I would then work on my triceps, I don't know the name of it, but I would take the same bar from the curls and I would lie down on a bench and lift the bar up from the back of my head.

(3) I would then do the fly using free weights lying down on the bench. I don't really have sets, I just do it till I'm tired.

(4) I would then do the bench press. I try to 3 sets again.

After this, I still have a few stuff to do, but I don't follow them strictly like I do. Well to be honest, I don't follow my above routine strictly as well, for some I just do until I'm tired. And one more thing, I would always finish with some abs work (e.g. the plank)

What do you think of my starter routine? I remember you saying, do the fly first, why is that? If I'm honest, all I'm after is just "bulking up" and so i don't look skinny.

Basically, I've been reading over your stuff, I've seem to be doing it in the wrong order.

Do you have a detailed routine I can try out? If so can you write it up for me? I've been reading your post again, so tomorrow are you saying I should do this instead -

(1) Fly (like you said, 25% of my work out)
                              (2) Bench Press
                              (3) And then the curls and tricept work out (as they tire out easily like you said)
                              (4) And then my back
                              (5) And other stuff.

Thanks
                              The last order you listed seems right. Do the large muscles first without burning the small muscles like the arms. That is why you do the fly's first and then the bench. Fly's if done correctly will not involve the tricepts at all. Work this same routine on all body parts.

I understand about being impatient but if you are serious about this then you have to split it up! Your body does not heal fast enough to really build bulk if you do a whole body workout in one go! Secondly to really pack on the muscle you have to do a large muscle set at least once per week. That would be something like "Dead Lifts", "Squats" etc. Even though these primarily work the back and legs it will actually key your body to respond and all parts will begin to grow and not just the back and legs. Read any work by champion body builders and they will tell you the same story.

So, here is my routine. This will pack on the pounds and more importantly it will increase your strength tremendously!

1) One set of fly's at 25% of my maximum (15 reps)
                              2) One set of fly's at 50% of max (10 reps)
                              3) One set of fly's at 80% of max (6-7 reps or to failure) If you pass 6 reps and have not failed then continue until failure. Next chest day increase the weight!!!

Imediatly get on the bench with 80% of max and rep till failure. If you pass 6 reps continue till failure then quit. That is your que to increase the weight on the next chest day!! OK, I am through with the chest!

Go to the Tricept and set the weight so that you can work 10-15 reps to failure
                              As soon as you reach failure decrease the weight by 50% and rep to failure once again. Now you are through with tricepts.

Take the next day off.

second workout:

1) One set of sitting cable pulls with hands about shoulder width apart using 25% of maximum for 15 reps
                              2) One set of sitting cable pulls as before with 50% of maximum for 10-12 reps
                              3) One set of sitting cable pulls as before with 80% till failure and the same rules apply if you can exceed 6 reps before failure

Immediatly go to the lateral pull down with 80% of max and go till failure OK you are done with the back

Go to the dumbell curls using the cable and work with 80% of maximum until failure then drop the weight by 50% and go to failure once again. Now you are done with the bicepts. (stay away from the preacher curls until you develop some solid muscle as they are for defining muscle not building muscle!!!

Rest the next day. (When I say rest I mean REST!) Your body does more repair to the torn muscle fibers the more you sleep and rest after a workout!!! If you fail to rest then you will NOT get the results you want!

OK, now it's leg day!

Do one set of hack squats with a light weight just to warm up.

Get a barbell on the floor and place a 45# plate on each side, hold the bar shoulder width apart with one hand facing out and the other hand facing in. Keeping the bar as close to your legs as possible and while looking straight ahead (do NOT look at the bar) In other words your head should be up not looking down and lift the barbell, keeping your back straight (that is the purpose of looking straight ahead) lift the bar and square your shoulders back. Once you hold that position for a count of 5, slowly lower the bar back to the floor. Do 3 sets of 10 to start. If you are not sore the next day then the next leg day increase the weight! Those are called dead lifts. when I was lifting regular my dead lift was 620lbs for a set of 5

When you are finished with that get on the leg curl machine and do 3 sets of leg curls with 10 reps. As soon as you start to feel it is easy then increase the weight!

Rest for the next 2 days the start over. After a month of this add a day for the shoulders but not consecutive days with the chest excersise

Lcash
                              -Mahatma Gandhi quotes

Comment

Working...
                              X