Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Anyone else like MMA/UFC ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else like MMA/UFC ?

I'm a big fan of Matt Hughes and Fedor Emelianenko.

What about you guys ?

I guess I'm the only one

Comment

I like it alot but havent watched it lately. The last fight I saw was St. Pierre and Diaz. St Pierre is a very boring fighter. Likes to cuddle his way to victory, winning on technicalities. Dana needs to hire fighters that finish their opponents. St Pierre has made UFC boring for me.
      Sometimes people want a complex answer to the hard questions to satisfy intellectuality. Jesus is Lord is the simple, beautiful truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
        I like it alot but havent watched it lately. The last fight I saw was St. Pierre and Diaz. St Pierre is a very boring fighter. Likes to cuddle his way to victory, winning on technicalities. Dana needs to hire fighters that finish their opponents. St Pierre has made UFC boring for me.

LOL Finally someone else that likes MMA on Carm besides me. Thanks for the reply Man.

I was hoping Anderson Silva would try to make a run at Welterweight since he lost to Chris Weidman recently. I honestly bet Anderson Silva could destroy GSP. I always liked Matt Hughes as Welterweight Champion over GSP. Matt Hughes' fights were more exciting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jude1:3 View Post
          LOL Finally someone else that likes MMA on Carm besides me. Thanks for the reply Man.

I was hoping Anderson Silva would try to make a run at Welterweight since he lost to Chris Weidman recently. I honestly bet Anderson Silva could destroy GSP. I always liked Matt Hughes as Welterweight Champion over GSP. Matt Hughes' fights were more exciting to watch.
          You guys aren't alone. (But I don't like women participating in the sport.) The pay per views are too expensive for my taste so I just follow the blog at SI for cursory descriptions and timely results.

Based on the SI blog, I'll be interested to see why the Dragon lost on the judge's cards a couple of weeks ago.
          Test all things and praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Peace,
          BJ -Bear
          VDMA (1 Peter 1:25)
          WELS

Comment

Originally posted by BJ BEAR View Post
            You guys aren't alone. (But I don't like women participating in the sport.) The pay per views are too expensive for my taste so I just follow the blog at SI for cursory descriptions and timely results.

Based on the SI blog, I'll be interested to see why the Dragon lost on the judge's cards a couple of weeks ago.

I know what you mean about the prices for UFC Cards. When I Really Really want to see a fight I'll usually go to Buffalo Wildwings or some other place that is showing it. They really need to get this Judging issue taken care of. It's sad when someone wins by playing it safe in stead of going for the win.
            I'm glad to see we have some other MMA fans on Carm.

Comment

What about you guys ?
              I like MMA fighting. I hate UFC. I like my fighters humble and quiet.
              Some people are educated beyond their intellect.

Comment

Originally posted by MartialApologist View Post
                I like MMA fighting. I hate UFC. I like my fighters humble and quiet.

That's cool. Were you a fan of Pride FC back in the day ?

It seems like all the other organizations keep getting bought up by Zuffa, like Pride FC, Strikeforce etc.

Comment

Micheal McDonald goes to my sons church in Modesto. I'm a fan of the California Kid out of Sacramento and Michael McDonald.
                  His true identity as both Lord (κύριος used by the LXX to translate Yahweh) and God (θεός used by the LXX to translate Elohim)netbible John 20:28[In John's writings] Of the approximately 70 instances in which ουτος has a personal referent, as many as 44 of them (almost 2/3) refer to the Son. Of the remainder most imply some sort of positive connection with the Son.What is most significant is that NEVER is the Father the referent. 1 John 5:20, Wallace

Comment

That's cool. Were you a fan of Pride FC back in the day ?

It seems like all the other organizations keep getting bought up by Zuffa, like Pride FC, Strikeforce etc.
                    Sadly, no. I didn't get into martial arts in any meaningful sense until probably 8 years ago, and didn't even know what UFC was until a few years into that.
                    Some people are educated beyond their intellect.

Comment

Originally posted by civic View Post
                      Micheal McDonald goes to my sons church in Modesto. I'm a fan of the California Kid out of Sacramento and Michael McDonald.

Awesome. A neat think about Fedor is that he is Russian Orthodox Christian.

Comment

Check out this Highlight Reel :

Last edited by Jude1:3; 08-17-14, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Check out this Highlight Reel :

Thanks. The man had some skills.
                          Test all things and praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Peace,
                          BJ -Bear
                          VDMA (1 Peter 1:25)
                          WELS

Comment

What about you guys ?
                            Total barbarism - let's bring back the Roman gladiators so they can beat each other to a pulp!!!

And please, don't compare it to real sports like hockey and football - sure the guys get hit hard and suffer injuries but the goal of those games isn't to beat your opponents face into hamburger.

It only feeds people's base nature for bloodlust!!!

Sorry to rain on your parade - actually, no, i'm not.
                            "For me, kind Jesus, was Thy incarnation / Thine mortal sorrow and Thy life's oblation / Thy death of anguish and Thy bitter passion / For my salvation."
                            - Sufjan Stevens 'Ah Holy Jesus'

Comment

Originally posted by Athanasian_Creed View Post
                              Total barbarism - let's bring back the Roman gladiators so they can beat each other to a pulp!!!

And please, don't compare it to real sports like hockey and football - sure the guys get hit hard and suffer injuries but the goal of those games isn't to beat your opponents face into hamburger.

It only feeds people's base nature for bloodlust!!!

Sorry to rain on your parade - actually, no, i'm not.

To each his own I guess.

Football has WAYYY More serious injuries than MMA.

Comment

Working...
                              X