Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The best TV series ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best TV series ever?

Just wondering what you consider to be the best TV series, from start to finish, ever?
    Test all things and praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Peace,
    BJ -Bear
    VDMA (1 Peter 1:25)
    WELS

Originally posted by BJ BEAR View Post
    Just wondering what you consider to be the best TV series, from start to finish, ever?
    The Andy Griffith Show would be my top pick, although I have many 'favorites.'

Here are some of the other ones I've always liked which were consistently good (IMO)--

I Love Lucy
    Frasier
    The Mary Tyler Moore Show
    Family Ties
    Newheart (The one where Bob is a Vermont innkeeper)
    Columbo
    Perry Mason
    (I really like old detective shows)

I used to love, love, love variety-comedy shows, such as The Carol Burnett Show.
    "Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." - 1 Corinthians 13: 6-7

Comment

I would nominate two series that unfortunately were dropped at the end of one season. Perhaps that was because they were two intellectual. They are "Paper Chase" and "I'll Fly Away".
      The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Never argue with a fool. They will only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Comment

My favorite show start to finish has to be "The X-Files." Though I must admit it kind of lost something after season 5. Currently I am enjoying "Psych" and pretty much every episode I have enjoyed...so it might get my vote for best TV series ever.
        “The greatest enemy to human souls is the self-righteous spirit which makes men look to themselves for salvation.”
        ~Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892)
        English preacher & writer

Much Love and respect,
        Nocturnal Principal X

Comment

Mary Tyler Moore show, All in the Family, M*A*S*H, Carol Burnett Show, and not sure about dramas....the new Hawaii 5-0 show shows great promise to becoming a terrific show...Columbo, maybe? I also loved the old Star Trek: Next Generation. Most were excellent to very good, with very few corny ones and only one or two boring ones. Anybody can have an off day, er, program...
          "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
          "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
          “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
          "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
          "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
          "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

Amos and Andy. There was never a dull moment with that series.
            " The covenant of life is not preached equally to all, and amoung those to whom it is preached ,dose not allways meet with the same reception." John Calvin

Comment

You must have good taste because I think all of those shows are still alive in rerun land.

The thing I like most about the Andy Griffith Show is that it is nice. It is plain and simply nice.

Carol Burnett and her cast were just hilarious to me as a child and as an adult. I guess that means they were really funny or I've never grown up.

Peace,
              BJ -Bear
              WELS

Comment

Originally posted by JRT View Post
                I would nominate two series that unfortunately were dropped at the end of one season. Perhaps that was because they were two intellectual. They are "Paper Chase" and "I'll Fly Away".
                Hmmm, I have a vague memory of Paper Chase but I don't recognize I'll Fly away. When was that show made?

Peace,
                BJ -Bear
                WELS

Comment

X-Files! That was a fun series but sometimes a little too gross. I still remember Scully doing a local radio interview and pooh-poohing the notion of UFOs, aliens, etc. The host actually coaxed her into retracting her statement, for the benefit of the faithful X-File viewers of course.

The thing that amazes me about Psych is that I thought people would tire of the main premise but it seems to be rolling along.

Peace,
                  BJ -Bear
                  WELS

Comment

I like those shows too except for the new Hawaii 5-0 because I haven't yet seen it and Star Trek: Next Generation because everybody knows the REAL Star Trek was conducted by Captain James T. Kirk, Spock, Dr McCoy, and company.

Peace,
                    BJ -Bear
                    WELS

Comment

I've heard some of the radio shows but didn't know it was a tv series. Can Amos And Andy be seen on the net?

Peace,
                      BJ -Bear
                      WELS

Comment

Full House, Good Times, and Sanford and Son. Have mercy, Dy-no-mite!, you fish eyed fool...

Bruiser
                        New-Protestant Reformation ~ Dec 2009 - ____

I'm a Christian. An Evangelical, Reformed, Independent Fundamental Baptist; a New Calvinist...

Comment

Sanford and Son is my fav. The hard working, good natured son putting up with the impossible old man(his dad) Was a great story line because it was realistic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnrX8...eature=related

Also like Lucy a lot.
                          Last edited by JC33; 10-06-10, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Hmmm, I have a vague memory of Paper Chase but I don't recognize I'll Fly away. When was that show made?
                            From Wikipedia:

I'll Fly Away is a television series set during the late 1950s and early 1960s, in an unspecified Southern U.S. state. It aired on NBC from 1991 to 1993 and starred Regina Taylor as Lilly Harper, a black housekeeper for district attorney Forrest Bedford (Sam Waterston) and his family. As the show progressed, Lilly became increasingly involved in the Civil Rights Movement, with events eventually drawing in Forrest as well.
                            The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Never argue with a fool. They will only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by JC33 View Post
                              Sanford and Son is my fav. The hard working, good natured son putting up with the impossible old man(his dad) Was a great story line because it was realistic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnrX8...eature=related

Also like Lucy a lot.

Sanford and Son! lol I loved Aunt Esther and her handbag.
                              "Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." - 1 Corinthians 13: 6-7

Comment

Working...
                              X