Roku stick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roku stick

My daughter wants me to get her a Roku stick for Christmas. Does anyone have one? How do they work? Do you need a special TV to use them?
    Mark 9:24 Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,
    but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” ― Martin Luther

Muretus "Call no man worthless for whom Christ died!"

Originally posted by Thekla View Post
    My daughter wants me to get her a Roku stick for Christmas. Does anyone have one? How do they work? Do you need a special TV to use them?
    I have two of them in my home. We have a small receiver instead of the stick. It's been a blessing for our family. I often purchase programs that I can watch without the constant flow of advertising. There are plenty of free programs as well.
    It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flat…

Martin Luther The Bondage of the Will

Comment

What's a receiver? Do you have to buy them? I have a smart TV and a receiver came with it.
      Mark 9:24 Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,
      but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” ― Martin Luther

Muretus "Call no man worthless for whom Christ died!"

Comment

Originally posted by Thekla View Post
        What's a receiver? Do you have to buy them? I have a smart TV and a receiver came with it.
        The Roku comes in two different varieties, both do the same thing, the stick normally goes into a usb port on your tv, the box (which is tiny) connects to the HDMI port on your T.V.

The stick works by wireless (connected to your router) , and the box's depending on the model can work via Ethernet cable or wireless.

You do not need anything other than the Roku and your T.V., however you will of course need an internet connection fast enough to deal with streaming normally around 2MBS for standard resolution and between 4-5MBS for higher (720p) res.

Comment

Working...
        X