Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Anime'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anime'

Questions about the Bible #116 By Brother C.W. Miller

Ephesians 6:17 KJV; take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

I have been studying the Armor of God lately; this verse speaks of two of its pieces. The Sword of the Spirit put me in Mind of many things I’ve seen while watching Anime; the televised version on Japanese Manga comic books. Often you can see many heroes and villains using HUGE swords, so large that it appears ridiculous that they can even carry them while being so slender. Of course the size of the swords represent how powerful they are when used in battle. One of my favorite Anime cartoons is Inyuasha; he possesses a powerful sword which is made of a fang from out of his demonic father’s mouth. ~ Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me! Is that so? Most of us know that being called names does hurt us, there is power in our words. When someone called you names, did you wish you could hurt them back? Jesus said that Hatred is Murder; have you ever cut someone to the bone with just a word? It is SO easy to Sin against another person; and against an almighty God. The Wages of Sin is Death, an eternal Death in a fiery Hell. But you don’t have to go to Hell because of Jesus Christ. Let me tell you about the time he brandished the Sword of the Spirit…

After Jesus was Baptized, he was led into the wilderness by the Holy Ghost to be tempted for forty days. Near the end of those days, the Devil came to tempt Jesus. Satan tried three times to cause Jesus to fall into Sin. But after each temptation, Jesus responded by quoting the Bible; “It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” “It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.” “it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.” ~ Jesus defended himself by brandishing the Sword of the Spirit and in a flash of light, he struck his Adversary three times. The Devil left the scene and Angels came to minister to Jesus. You can almost see it; like Anime showing the Meek Hero enduring the poison under his enemy’s lips, only to lash out once after each attack until he won the victory…

Like Inyuasha, there are enemies out there which use the power of their father the Devil against you. They fight with their father’s poisonous Fangs; the poison of Asps are under their lips. You need a Sword in order to fight back! This is how you get armed for the fight; put your Faith, Hope and Love in Jesus Christ as your Risen Lord and Savior. Jesus lived a Sinless life, and that is what God requires from us to get into Heaven. Jesus will give you HIS Sinless record and you can then fight back by using his Father’s Sword. Read Ephesians chapter six and put on the whole armor of God. Repent of your Sins, find a good Church and read the Bible. How can you use the Sword of the Spirit which is the Bible, without reading it?? ~ There are two kinds of words in the Greek which translates to ‘Word’ in English; one describes the written word and the other describes the spoken word. It is the spoken word that describes the Sword of the Spirit; be like Jesus and utter those words in your fight for Right…

Revelation 19:15 KJV; Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations.
    Last edited by bruisermiller; 09-17-15, 01:32 PM.
    New-Protestant Reformation ~ Dec 2009 - ____

I'm a Christian. An Evangelical, Reformed, Independent Fundamental Baptist; a New Calvinist...
Working...
X