Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Posts moved from APO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I do see your point, eve. We're all guilty of so much, who are we to point things out to anyone else.

    But Christ gave us instructions on how to find Him, and what to watch out for, and told us to help each other. If you see someone about to walk off a cliff, wouldnt you shout a warning to them? Im not advocating shouting here. Just getting the message out.
    ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
    ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
    ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Magdalena View Post
      I do see your point, eve. We're all guilty of so much, who are we to point things out to anyone else.

      But Christ gave us instructions on how to find Him, and what to watch out for, and told us to help each other. If you see someone about to walk off a cliff, wouldnt you shout a warning to them? Im not advocating shouting here. Just getting the message out.
      I guess that first of all I am not hearsay type of person. He shows me things, and I believe those, and they confirm scripture. But I don't find anywhere Christ scolding, accusing, or correcting rebuking His own souls [those who want and follow Him]. He does, in Matt. 23, criticize the enemy faction, pharisees but those as the text conveys, are in authority and mislead other souls. So...then... where in scripture does He criticize basic souls, only I am finding authorities, those with the power to kill His prophets and make decisions as to things.

      Luke 9:37-56 - I see no scolding, anger, threats. Christ just says to them what things are...and they accepted that or not. No dialectic. No theology involved, no battling. No force.
      Luke 9:46-48 - same comments.

      2 Peter 2:1:22 - again leaders of some type, false prophets...with actual authority. Not involving believers.

      I find no biblical time when Christ corrected, battled, rebuked his own apostles or anyone else. He answered questions, gave parables, and left to each soul to understand - or not.
      Seriously, I just looked through EVERY single NT reference.

      Not there.

      Comment


      • #33
        A point is that Christ didn't do it. And yet humans do.

        And, one could say, oh well, those unbelievers [in whoever's opinion] are heretics [are as those pharisees.]

        Except...those unbelievers ARE NOT in any authority usually to do much at all... and do not fit the examples in scripture, where He criticized the pharisees.

        So then. The things I wrote about the stoned woman illustrates deeply my point.

        And I see that correction, rebuking and all the rest, as I can watch them being done... are mostly those stoning the woman = carnal minds. That is not Him. He doesn't operate that way.
        And His parable well illustrates that.

        Comment


        • #34
          As far as I know any of the so called heretics and false ones on carm have no authority at all and do not fit any moment when Christ Himself was speaking in scripture. I don't find it.

          Sorry.

          Comment


          • #35
            The use of heretic and pharisee is very very specific in scripture and has been generalized. And that is simply NOT Him.

            Comment


            • #36
              Look, this thread should NOT be in the whining section at all. But it is...

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by e v e View Post
                As far as I know any of the so called heretics and false ones on carm have no authority at all and do not fit any moment when Christ Himself was speaking in scripture. I don't find it.

                Sorry.
                I mean by that, that those who have opinions on carm, opinions that may be off [according to whatever and whoever] are not the type that He Christ was even referring to in Scripture.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by e v e View Post

                  I guess that first of all I am not hearsay type of person. He shows me things, and I believe those, and they confirm scripture. But I don't find anywhere Christ scolding, accusing, or correcting rebuking His own souls [those who want and follow Him]. He does, in Matt. 23, criticize the enemy faction, pharisees but those as the text conveys, are in authority and mislead other souls. So...then... where in scripture does He criticize basic souls, only I am finding authorities, those with the power to kill His prophets and make decisions as to things.

                  Luke 9:37-56 - I see no scolding, anger, threats. Christ just says to them what things are...and they accepted that or not. No dialectic. No theology involved, no battling. No force.
                  Luke 9:46-48 - same comments.

                  2 Peter 2:1:22 - again leaders of some type, false prophets...with actual authority. Not involving believers.

                  I find no biblical time when Christ corrected, battled, rebuked his own apostles or anyone else. He answered questions, gave parables, and left to each soul to understand - or not.
                  Seriously, I just looked through EVERY single NT reference.

                  Not there.
                  What do you think he was doing in Luke 9:41 or Luke 9:55? Or Mark 16:14 (NASB)

                  ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
                  ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
                  ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Are you referring to people on the mormon forum who make judgments like saying someone is going to hell? Or even those who just talk about mormonism.
                    ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
                    ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
                    ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Magdalena View Post

                      He corrected them for doubting, not believing without seeing, looking for signs, among other things.
                      Yes, exactly.
                      Learn to expect the impossible, expect the unusual, and expect the miraculous, because that is where God works.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Magdalena View Post

                        What do you think he was doing in Luke 9:41 or Luke 9:55? Or Mark 16:14 (NASB)
                        I've read those and don't see it there, my last post was o n that topic.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Ansel07 View Post

                          Yes, exactly.
                          I don't see He correcting there in the anywhere the same form that humans stretch the term and apply it.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Magdalena View Post
                            Are you referring to people on the mormon forum who make judgments like saying someone is going to hell? Or even those who just talk about mormonism.
                            We arent the ones who decide who goes to hell...so for anyone to use that on another is carnal, same as those, stoning the woman.

                            in any forum. Ive seen it not just in Mormon forum.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by e v e View Post

                              I've read those and don't see it there, my last post was o n that topic.
                              It says He was rebuking them.
                              ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
                              ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
                              ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by e v e View Post

                                We arent the ones who decide who goes to hell...so for anyone to use that on another is carnal, same as those, stoning the woman.

                                in any forum. Ive seen it not just in Mormon forum.
                                I agree with that.
                                ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
                                ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
                                ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X