Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Post for Whining/Moved from forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post
    That's all Mormons are able to do... Attack the beliefs of others. And they call US "anti's"
    Is your claim this site is not to attack the belief of the LDS?

Theo--your claim is the pot calling the kettle black, IMO. Who here is exalting the LDS? The majority of the posts consists of plain ole frontal attacks on LDS beliefs, for the main--when referring to the critics.

A challenge to the beliefs pawned here would be be no harder than posting Biblical NT scriptures:

Revelation 22:14--- King James Version (KJV)
    14 Blessed are they thatdo his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Comment

Originally posted by dianaiad View Post

When someone actually pays attention and acknowledges that THERE IS A PROBLEM and the things I am telling you about what happens in here ARE TRUE, then it will end.

<SNIP>

Deal with it.
      What the others do here CANNOT BE FIXED BY YOU

But if and when you break the rules of the forum, then you can blame no one other than the one whom you see in the mirror.

Again, it seems to me that you are taking unto yourself the history of the Mormons, and only seeing what you WANT to see in the process. For example it is a FACT that while the Christians are sanctioned, and suspended for their infractions, I see an estimated ratio iof 5:1 in the Mormon infractions and suspensions than I do to the LDS infractions and suspensions. Do not quibble about the exactness of the estimate; most likely it is less.

However there is no objective poster who cannot say that the Christians get far less attention from the mods as do the Mormons. So why the whining?.
      Last edited by CARM Admin; 03-09-18, 03:45 PM. Reason: edit/post moved to whining where quote placed/to all posters/ do not discuss moderation on the forums
      MY FOUR APOLOGETIC AXIOMS

1. Any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time

2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

3. Inconsistency is a tiny hobgoblin haunting every cult

4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire

Comment

edit
        We have nothing to do with where your posts get sent. Take it up with admin..
        Last edited by CARM Admin; 03-09-18, 03:46 PM. Reason: edit/post moved to whining where quote placed/to all posters/ do not discuss moderation on the forums
        ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
        ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
        ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

Originally posted by john t View Post

But if and when you break the rules of the forum, then you can blame no one other than the one whom you see in the mirror.

Again, it seems to me that you are taking unto yourself the history of the Mormons, and only seeing what you WANT to see in the process. For example it is a FACT that while the Christians are sanctioned, and suspended for their infractions, I see an estimated ratio iof 5:1 in the Mormon infractions and suspensions than I do to the LDS infractions and suspensions. Do not quibble about the exactness of the estimate; most likely it is less.

However there is no objective poster who cannot say that the Christians get far less attention from the mods as do the Mormons. So why the whining?
          You have just said that Mormons are sanctioned five times more often than 'Christians.'

How is that not objective evidence that "Christians' get less attention?

C'mon, prove it. Go back through the last two or three weeks and count to see whose posts are edited out....

And what sort of language insults are LEFT IN.

THEN tell me. You just threw out a number and now you need to prove it. Count it up. Show us.

I WILL say this:

We are only allowed to flag two posts per day. There are more evangelical Christians posting to the board than there are Mormons. Therefore it is obvious that even if the Christians didn't push the envelope and flag more than one post per day, there would be more flags against Mormons because there are more people to flag them. That's not a moral/ethical problem, but a technical one.

Moderators are, I'm sure (I know from experience) generally going to react to flags rather than actively go hunt for offensive posts, and people being people, they are going to give more 'slack' to those whose positions they agree with. That's just being human, too.

However, NONE of you see the problem with being sanctioned over calling someone an 'anti,' (meaning you don't like us...what else is new?) and being accused of lying, torturing babies, performing satanic rituals in our Temples, seeking world domination....oh, forget the list.

but you made the claim. You get to look up and count. You ARE in for a surprise.
          Cet animal est très méchant,
          Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Translation: "This animal is very bad; when you attack it, it defends itself."

Comment

Originally posted by john t View Post

However there is no objective poster who cannot say that the Christians get far less attention from the mods as do the Mormons. So why the whining?
            You have just said that Mormons are sanctioned five times more often than 'Christians.'
            <SNIP for whiniing>
            but you made the claim. You get to look up and count. You ARE in for a surprise.
            This is exactly what happens when posters only skim through the post, and do not read what I made bold red for emphasis in the second post of what you objected to.
            MY FOUR APOLOGETIC AXIOMS

1. Any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time

2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

3. Inconsistency is a tiny hobgoblin haunting every cult

4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire

Comment

How is that not objective evidence that "Christians' get less attention?

C'mon, prove it. Go back through the last two or three weeks and count to see whose posts are edited out....

And what sort of language insults are LEFT IN.

THEN tell me. You just threw out a number and now you need to prove it. Count it up. Show us.

I WILL say this:

We are only allowed to flag two posts per day. There are more evangelical Christians posting to the board than there are Mormons. Therefore it is obvious that even if the Christians didn't push the envelope and flag more than one post per day, there would be more flags against Mormons because there are more people to flag them. That's not a moral/ethical problem, but a technical one.

Moderators are, I'm sure (I know from experience) generally going to react to flags rather than actively go hunt for offensive posts, and people being people, they are going to give more 'slack' to those whose positions they agree with. That's just being human, too.

However, NONE of you see the problem with being sanctioned over calling someone an 'anti,' (meaning you don't like us...what else is new?) and being accused of lying, torturing babies, performing satanic rituals in our Temples, seeking world domination....oh, forget the list.

Why are you on this site, if you think moderation is so biased? If you think Mormons are being attacked so much? Persecuted so much?

I have seen Christians on thecMormon board have posts deleted, and seen infractions given, in the EDIT box underneath. I have seen Christian posters get suspended--just look under the poster's name on the left side of the page, to see who is suspended. One Christian is suspended now.

I put links down to several pages that show where Mormon posts got deleted for breaking the rules. Did you miss those l8nks? It is on this forum. I can repost them for you, if you missed them.

But if Mormons get infractions and suspended more often on the boards than Christians--maybe it is because they break the rules more often than the Christians do! Did THAT ever occur to you?
              "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
              "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
              "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
              "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
              "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

Originally posted by DANNO
                Edit personal comments
                What on earth are you talking about? What does this have to do with what we were whining about? And my husband is NOT a 7th Day Adventist minister!
                Last edited by CARM Admin; 03-25-18, 10:42 AM. Reason: Rule violation
                "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

Working...
                X