Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Divisive Obstructionist Poster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divisive Obstructionist Poster

I look forward to engaging posters who have opposing views. Having said that, there are a number of people who post in these forums who are only here to be obstructionists and derail discussions. Of course, I am not allowed to name some of them. Here are just some of the characteristics of these posters:

1) They know little of what they are defending
    2) They are not familiar with passages used by those whom they support
    3) They regularly use sarcasm, innuendo, and misleading comments towards or about other posters they oppose

This is an apologetics forum. In my opinion, those who are not being apologists for their position should be banned.
    Be light. Share The Gospel. Grow the Kingdom...

A side note, the forum that I regularly post in has had a decrease of opposing posters due directly to the obstructionist in that forum... The obstructionist doesn't represent the movement and brings even more bad light on their movement...

Comment

Originally posted by Yodas_Prodigy View Post
      A side note, the forum that I regularly post in has had a decrease of opposing posters due directly to the obstructionist in that forum... The obstructionist doesn't represent the movement and brings even more bad light on their movement...
      Have you tried using the flag option on the bottom right hand side to report the said poster(s)?

"The exact sciences also start from the assumption that in the end it will always be possible to understand nature, even in every new field of experience, but that we make no a priori assumptions about the meaning of the word "understand"."

Heisenberg

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge." ( Psalm 19:1-2 )

Comment

Originally posted by inertia View Post

Have you tried using the flag option on the bottom right hand side to report the said poster(s)?
        The Flag only works when a line is crossed. The line is wide enough as to allow all kinds of unnecessary chatter.

Comment

The Flag only works when a line is crossed. The line is wide enough as to allow all kinds of unnecessary chatter.
          So, no problem then -

Comment

Have you ever considered that maybe you are part of the problem?

Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

I look forward to engaging posters who have opposing views. Having said that, there are a number of people who post in these forums who are only here to be obstructionists and derail discussions. Of course, I am not allowed to name some of them. Here are just some of the characteristics of these posters:

1) They know little of what they are defending
              2) They are not familiar with passages used by those whom they support
              3) They regularly use sarcasm, innuendo, and misleading comments towards or about other posters they oppose

This is an apologetics forum. In my opinion, those who are not being apologists for their position should be banned.
              You should be able to defend your beliefs THROUGH the wise cracks you may be seeing.

Don't be so thin skinned.

I NEVER ask for the banning of others, no matter how rude they seem, but just lay it back on them.

Folks back off with a taste of their own medicine, then come back afresh to discuss right.

You are showing weakness. Stand up for yourself.

Comment

I've been called divisive, but not obstructionist, yet I can see where some might consider it of my posts.
                as I read this post last night I got to thinking about it and my posts over the past near 6 years on this forum.
                As I did a passage out of Luke 14 came to mind.
                Jesus is telling a parable about a king who was having a wedding feast for his son. He'd invited all his friends, and many subjects in his kingdom, whom he had regard for, and believed they'd enjoy the celebration. But found that one by one they all made excuses for why they would not be able to attend.
                Not being one who appreciated the disregard, or lack of respect, he had his servants go out to the streets, byways, alleyways, and highways, and invite everyone they saw, so that his wedding hall would be filled.
                In a rather curious selection of words, between Matthew's account, and Luke's account, Matthew chose the word, "invite", and Luke chose the word, or phrase, "compel them to come."
                This morning I did a word study on both, and found that compel is a much more forceful term.
                I.e., to use whatever means necessary to get them to come.
                As it's clear in the text that it's about God's Kingdom, and inviting as many as possible to come to heaven.
                Then in Jude we read that we should "save some with compassion, making a difference, but on others, use fear, hating even the garments, spotted by the flesh."
                Thus, because it's clear, throughout the totality of scripture, that God places great value on the human being, indeed, even Jesus himself is willing to endure the greatest humiliations, and cruelties perpetrated against him, by his own creation, to go all the way to death to save us from an eternity in abject misery, contempt, and regret, it strikes me that offending the sensibilities of self-professed intellectuals is not just permissible, but at times downright necessary.
                I indeed take no delight in being so offensive at times, but this is not a cowards errand, nor a coward's egocentric rant.
                Your eternity is at stake here.
                And the fact that in the sovereignty of God, we've come to the place in human affairs, and history that such technology now exists that we can enter into each other's homes, and even bedrooms to discuss eternal matters, I find the complaint of being obstructionist, and the other chosen terms to be more a mockery of yourself, than valid against Us, or perhaps even myself.
                I.e., no one has ever forced you to be here to begin with. No one has ever held a gun to your head, tied you to a chair, or hooked you up to an electro-mechanical device, making you look, and then type out responses.
                Your own humanity compels you to engage, knowing, somewhere, deep within your being the importance of these matters. If anything, it's your ego which is offended, and believes you to be cruelly treated.
                I'm ok being maligned for wanting you, and other atheists, agnostics, and the rest of humanity who enters these halls to come to heaven when you die.
                In all honesty, I'd prefer you simply come, but I will show you just how foolish your position is, and how much you matter to God. I'd prefer you learn for yourself the love, kindness, and forgiveness being offered to ALL who come to God, through Jesus. But make no mistake here, refusal to come will not result in God sending you to hell, and finally the lake of fire. Rather, it'll be yourself who sends you to hell and ultimately the lake of fire.
                Why? Because you'll be shown the magnitude of your sin, and the nature of God, and you'll be so repulsed by his holiness, and his purity, that as we read in Revelation 20, all who come before him will flee from his presence, but no place to hide will be found for them to go, to get away from his presence.....
                so, please, come to Jesus. Turn to him from your sin. As he says in Ezekiel 18, and 33, why would you die? Why would you deliberately choose death over life, when the only cost is your pride, and ignorance?
                Are those really worth that much to keep you bound to death, and emptiness ?
                The only way any of us are able to stand in God's presence is because he has wiped out the debt of our sin. He's taking our shame, guilt, and corrupted nature, and recreating it into a whole new nature, as we were originally designed/created to be.
                Come and see for yourself. God saves to the uttermost all who come to him through Jesus Christ. He gives the right, and the authority to become sons and daughters, all who come to Jesus, and who believe on his name.
                Your worth, and value to God was defined by God when he created you, then confirmed, when Jesus died for you, and God raised him from the dead.
                God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
                an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Truther View Post

You should be able to defend your beliefs THROUGH the wise cracks you may be seeing.

Don't be so thin skinned.

I NEVER ask for the banning of others, no matter how rude they seem, but just lay it back on them.

Folks back off with a taste of their own medicine, then come back afresh to discuss right.

You are showing weakness. Stand up for yourself.
                  I have been dealing with this for probably 4-5 years. If you see our interaction, thin skinned does not describe me.. Obviously you missed the point. He has helped cause the others on the side that he/she supposedly defends to leave. As far as you have not wanted someone banned, well, good for you... This is an apologetics forum. We are here to defend our positions. Not to be obstructionists...

Comment

Originally posted by spokenword View Post
                    Have you ever considered that maybe you are part of the problem?
                    Nope... You have been the whole problem For those wondering, here is the obstructionist... SW posted over 8,000 posts before coming over the the WOF Forum... The guy/gal knew near zero of what they believe... Even now, after all of these years, this guy/gal only has a superficial understanding of their beliefs... Now the Obstructionist is following me around to other forums...

Comment

I have been dealing with this for probably 4-5 years. If you see our interaction, thin skinned does not describe me.. Obviously you missed the point. He has helped cause the others on the side that he/she supposedly defends to leave. As far as you have not wanted someone banned, well, good for you... This is an apologetics forum. We are here to defend our positions. Not to be obstructionists...
                      Well, I think the moderators have done a great job keeping tempers from flaring.

They give warnings for non Christian attitudes quite alot.

I was on another forum where they let folks get away with murder towards each other, and those guys still trash folks daily.

This is what I consider a great forum, so argue away, but fire back to fight your own battles.

If there are too many cheap shots, trust me, they will intervene and separate folks.

Comment

Nope... You have been the whole problem For those wondering, here is the obstructionist... SW posted over 8,000 posts before coming over the the WOF Forum... The guy/gal knew near zero of what they believe... Even now, after all of these years, this guy/gal only has a superficial understanding of their beliefs... Now the Obstructionist is following me around to other forums...
                        Without love you are only a noise maker. Carry on!!! Will you ever stop whinning?

Comment

Without love you are only a noise maker. Carry on!!! Will you ever stop whinning?
                          No Whining... Complaining... You are worse than the Pharisees.. Now go back to Rome... Since you refuse to repent...

Comment

Who's whining? I'm complaining... Your efforts do nothing but support Satan...

Comment

Who's whining? I'm complaining... Your efforts do nothing but support Satan...
                              God hates those who moan groan and complain.Repent now and stop your finger pointing.!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X