Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Please pray for my Pastor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah! Then maybe he has diabetic neuropathy. It is fairly common in diabetics. My FIL had it a little, before he died from something unrelated to diabetes. I would imagine that his docs would know about that.
    "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
    "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
    "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
    "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
    "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

I think they ruled that out already. He has been having tests for months now and they come up with nothing. Except now they say neuropathy. Joshebs father has it.
      Mark 9:24 Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,
      but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” ― Martin Luther

Muretus "Call no man worthless for whom Christ died!"

Comment

Thanks for keeping us posted . I pray the doctors will find the correct diagnosis soon, I know your pastor may be worn out and his family, and your Church members too. You all are still in my prayers. I am amazed , when I think back, how many years it has been since I first saw you on here and enjoyed posting back and forth. CARM has certainly been a blessing.
        Romans 1:17, For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written:"The righteous will live by faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Beloved View Post
          Thanks for keeping us posted . I pray the doctors will find the correct diagnosis soon, I know your pastor may be worn out and his family, and your Church members too. You all are still in my prayers. I am amazed , when I think back, how many years it has been since I first saw you on here and enjoyed posting back and forth. CARM has certainly been a blessing.
          Yes, it has and I thought you posted on the Fish Forum and were the one who told me about CARM.

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,
          but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” ― Martin Luther

Comment

How is your pastor Thekla? I had never gone to the Fish program & think it was in here that I first met you. Seems in the last couple of years we spent more of our time talking to , and encouraging
            Mike (Armoredyak) I was thinking of him the other day and went to his profile and saw where he had been in here the first part of June of this year but didn't see where he had posted. I left him a message in case he comes back in. I think of him often. You have a blessed weekend.
            Romans 1:17, For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written:"The righteous will live by faith.

Comment

He is having more tests. At our Bible Study on Wednesday he said he would have some information to give us on Sunday. Now he is having he spine checked.

Comment

Thanks for the update. He is still in my prayers!
                "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."

Comment

Originally posted by Beloved View Post
                  How is your pastor Thekla? I had never gone to the Fish program & think it was in here that I first met you. Seems in the last couple of years we spent more of our time talking to , and encouraging
                  Mike (Armoredyak) I was thinking of him the other day and went to his profile and saw where he had been in here the first part of June of this year but didn't see where he had posted. I left him a message in case he comes back in. I think of him often. You have a blessed weekend.
                  I noticed that also about Yak. And also left him a PM. But he never responded. He has congestive heart failure, but I do not know if he ever got a donated heart. I wish I knew.

Comment

I am praying for Pastor Dan.

Amen
                    Jesus says: "Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear." (Matthew 24:35)

Comment

Originally posted by seichiro View Post
                      I am praying for Pastor Dan.

Amen
                      Thank you, he spoke to us yesterday. The Doctors still can't tell him what is causing his problems. It is very depressing to see him suffer, but I thank God he isn't in too much pain. I still pray that he will get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Thekla View Post

Thank you, he spoke to us yesterday. The Doctors still can't tell him what is causing his problems. It is very depressing to see him suffer, but I thank God he isn't in too much pain. I still pray that he will get better.
                        Thanks. Praying.
                        Mouser Larry Roy: "yippee ki yay"
                        “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

Praying for him. And that God will work a miracle. Praying for everybody at that church. A pastor IMHO becomes like a family member if he has been there for years.
                          Blessed Is He Who Comes In the Name of the Lord!

Comment

I just joined the church earlier this year. He's been Pastor for 3 years. Still God has blessed us with him.

I saw him today. They are giving him all sorts of tests every week. He seemed happy today. I'm not sure if that is the correct word but you can usually see that he doesn't like being weak and that he is trying to be strong. I don't mean it as an insult but as a woman I'd say he's being a man. lol

Today he was happy because the Doctor's told him to work and walk because it would help slow down his nerve damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Thekla View Post
                              My church has a prayer chain. We are praying for many people but today our Pastor was added to our list. He is very ill. He has been sick since last December and is getting worse every day. The Doctors have no idea what is causing his problems. This is the prayer request from the prayer chain. Please pray for Pastor Dan.

His nerve and muscle damage continue to progress undiagnosed. A recent C-Scan showed that the nerves in one of his organs were not functioning last week. He was hospitalized on Tuesday, September 4, to drain a large quantity of body fluid that was stressing his heart and kidneys. Pastor continues to serve St. Paul while wearing a temporary abdominal drain while the doctors continue to diagnose the problems. Pastor Dan, with strength from God, intends to continue to honor his call to St. Paul. He is in communication with the NID president continually updating him on his physical condition.
                              Thanks for letting us know. I have prayed for him.
                              "The exact sciences also start from the assumption that in the end it will always be possible to understand nature, even in every new field of experience, but that we make no a priori assumptions about the meaning of the word "understand"."

Heisenberg

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge." ( Psalm 19:1-2 )

Comment

Originally posted by inertia View Post

Thanks for letting us know. I have prayed for him.
                                Thank you, he keeps having tests and the Doctors still haven't figured out what is causing his illness.

Comment

Working...
                                X