Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Continuous Health Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You allergic to molds? Or are your allergies seasonal? And how much cheaper? I mean, your doc gives you an Rd for it, and your pharmacist fills it at a lower price? Is that it?

When I first started getting allergies about 6 years ago, my pulmonologist gave me an Rx for Allegra D. A local ******** filled it. It was NOT cheaper with an Rx. I was shocked at how expensive it was. Maybe it was the insurance we use, which is for retired military. We also use e-Scrips. I wonder if I could get it through them....I get my Restasis and Singulair through them, and hardly pay anything. I will look into it. Thanks.

But anyway, the Xyzal is not that expensive, OTC. It is a darn sight less than the Wal-Hist was!
    "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
    "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
    ďItís easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
    "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
    "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
    "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

Actually, with coupons, I can get 55 days worth of Xyzal for $12-15. Which is not bad at all.
      "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
      "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
      ďItís easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
      "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
      "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
      "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

Thanks so much for your prayers and concerns and advice. I had a good day on Saturday, which I’ím thankful for, but have been miserable since then. I’ím nauseous about all the time and over time I’íve lost a little over ten pounds. I try to force myself to eat tho I don’ít want to. My spine bothers me and I have degenerative issues there. If that pain gets bad, I’ím in trouble. Am under care of a chiropractor but fear I may need to see the spine doctor and who knows how backed up he is and when I can get in. Or what can be done for me. Or the cost. My nose is a mess with being stuffed and blowing. And I never know what turn my breathing will take with my asthma. . Don’ít know what to do about my nausea. It just makes everything worse. I do have acid reflux but unsure that that’s the cause since Iíve had that for a long time without nausea. Don’ít know what to do except see the GI doctor when I can get around to it. I take Dramamine sometimes to try and ease it. I keep praying that I’íll go to sleep and wake up in heaven. If I come to a point where I canít do anything even go to doctor appts then I don’t know how I’íll get my meds, especially my seizure control med. My husband is 77 with issues of his own. How’ís he going to take care of everything? And there’ís no close family. My sister lives in Arizona and his boys in Indiana with jobs and lives of their own. If we can’ít help each other, then itís up to God. He’ís the great Physician and maybe the only Caregiver we have.

That’ís just a recap of my issues for prayer purposes. I really don’ít know what to do or what’ís going to happen. I’ím really a mess. I don’t know why the Lord doesn’ít just let me go to sleep and not wake up. But there must still be something here He can use me for. I donít want to complain because I know that doesnít please the Lord. Just stating facts and the truth that I donít know how Iíll keep functioning.

Anyway, thanks so much for your prayers! And thanks for listening to my problems. Iím sure some of you are probably suffering with issues of your own and many many people are going through who knows what in this world. I hope and pray the Lord will grant us some more good days.

God bless you!
        Last edited by discerner; 05-13-19, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by discerner View Post
          Thanks so much for your prayers and concerns and advice. I had a good day on Saturday, which I’’m thankful for, but have been miserable since then. I’’m nauseous about all the time and over time I’’ve lost a little over ten pounds. I try to force myself to eat tho I don’’t want to. My spine bothers me and I have degenerative issues there. If that pain gets bad, I’’m in trouble. Am under care of a chiropractor but fear I may need to see the spine doctor and who knows how backed up he is and when I can get in. Or what can be done for me. Or the cost. My nose is a mess with being stuffed and blowing. And I never know what turn my breathing will take with my asthma. . Don’’t know what to do about my nausea. It just makes everything worse. I do have acid reflux but unsure that that’s the cause since I’ve had that for a long time without nausea. Don’’t know what to do except see the GI doctor when I can get around to it. I take Dramamine sometimes to try and ease it. I keep praying that I’’ll go to sleep and wake up in heaven. If I come to a point where I can’t do anything even go to doctor appts then I don’t know how I’’ll get my meds, especially my seizure control med. My husband is 77 with issues of his own. How’’s he going to take care of everything? And there’’s no close family. My sister lives in Arizona and his boys in Indiana with jobs and lives of their own. If we can’’t help each other, then it’s up to God. He’’s the great Physician and maybe the only Caregiver we have.

That’’s just a recap of my issues for prayer purposes. I really don’’t know what to do or what’’s going to happen. I’’m really a mess. I don’t know why the Lord doesn’’t just let me go to sleep and not wake up. But there must still be something here He can use me for. I don’t want to complain because I know that doesn’t please the Lord. Just stating facts and the truth that I don’t know how I’ll keep functioning.

Anyway, thanks so much for your prayers! And thanks for listening to my problems. I’m sure some of you are probably suffering with issues of your own and many many people are going through who knows what in this world. I hope and pray the Lord will grant us some more good days.

God bless you!
          Continuing to pray for you and for your husband, discerner!
          Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word. So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word. (Ps. 119:41-42)

Comment

Originally posted by boldirishlass View Post

Continuing to pray for you and for your husband, discerner!
            Thank you very much! Am not doing too bad today and am grateful.

Comment

Working...
            X